Divorce

mjmf

My husband and myself agreed to a divoice, we are staying in the same house but he's sleeping in the hall. Will this consider as separation by 3 years time when we file for a divoice?

And reason for divoice is he's a gambler for the pass 15 years, which I have ask for a divoice but then having in mind the kids are still young. So I have been forgiving and giving many chances to him thru the years. He will be good for few months telling you lies and stories to get $ from me and even steal my gold to get $. Recently, loan sharks and credit companying comes knocking on my door it's getting worse which causes the kids and myself going thru stress & depression.

Now, I can't take it any more with the support from my 2 kids. Really need to break the ties with him ASAP. As for years, I survive the family with my pay and sometimes even have to pay for his expenses. Now because of his recent debt, I even got myself into a few bank loans.

He did went for counselling but no changes from him.

Any advise what to do inorder to break the ties with him ASAP, as kids and myself don respect him as father and husband anymore.

Re: Divoice

Good advice superbmothers!

Personal opinion:
But if i am you, i will already kick him out of my life.
A mature married man and with kids will NEVER be such an idiot doing all these fundamentally insane vice gambling habit.
He basically can't even take care of himself let alone the family.
So why keep holding on to a Liability?

maybe you can contact my husband lawyer friend Mr. Ong, who is specialized in Divorce, here is the thread http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f56/any-good-sincere-lawyer-recommend-divorce-separation-58807/index4.html

MrZQ

My elder brother is also an impulsive gambler and borrow so many times from loan sharks and even sell their house. We help him many times but he still never change. In the end, my sis in law divorce him and 3 kids all follow her. We encourage our sis in law and support her decision to divorce my brother because we really give up on him. I feel so pity for my nephew and nieces for having such a father who never take care of them. Anyway dont give up in life, divorce is not the end of life. All the best.

babymoo

U just need evidences to kick him out ASAP can straightaway divorce... If he agrees n admit his mistakes n nv fight with u custody all tt 6mths can settle le

posh

U just need evidences to kick him out ASAP can straightaway divorce... If he agrees n admit his mistakes n nv fight with u custody all tt 6mths can settle le
Thats only if he is agreeable and admit his mistakes.