Do any mummy cry alot during confinment?

angelwendy

Do any mummy cry alot during confinment time?? I don't know why I keep on crying.. Maybe not use to the life when my boy Is born.. I feel so lost... I love my boy.. But I just feel so tired & stress... I m scare of post-natal depression.. Any mummy have the same problem with me??

thepinkdot

*hugs* u're not alone! u would definitely feel a little blue.. i did cry quite a bit on and off.. but it will pass and feel better.. just think abt the love you have for your son and husband..

catherlyn

I did cos I can't latch, I felt that I failed as a mum, bm so little. Then she hospitalized twice worse really blamed myself. Don know wat she crying for n cos hubby working shift I felt so helpless n lonely but try talking it out to ur hubby, it help. Anything say out don keep it inside u cos it will lead to depression. Tk care ya u doing fine

JoyBliss

yes, a definite yes! And easily agitated and slided into the moodiness..

In my case, fews reasons that include adjusting to having a nb around now, the confinement lady (her method of taking care of my precious one is just weird)...

But I constantly did a mental check for any post-natal depression tell-tale signs. When I'm really feeling blue, I keep telling myself to stay positive and do stuffs that I enjoy

Gradually, it gets better as the body also slowly adjusted back

Just press on :)

shiyi

cried abit when bb juz delivered cos too tired having to slp 3hrs everyday only.. but i cried more during pregnancy

I cried at the smallest things, during confinment. I didn't have a confinment lady, I'm a very modern mummy, I didn't really do confinment and my mum took 1 mth leave to help me out with things. During confinment, I took care of my girl at night, imagine her drinking milk every 4 hrs. Didn't have enough rest, I cried and threw my temper. Even with my mil ask for my girl's time of birth, I cried and made a big fuss, thinking they will do funny things to harm my bb *crazy thinking ah*! This period of time is a transition, after this period, I'm sure you will be all fine and cheerful again. Whenever, u're feeling blue, talk to your Hubby, friends, they will be there to listen and support you. If you need any help, u can ask and I'm sure people will be more glad to render their help to you.

Smile makes your day brighter

angelwendy

Thanks all mummy... I tht I'm the only one... Hubby helped me alot & also show lots of love tender & care.. Maybe I'm just not use to my life now.. As I'm a very out going person.. Life change suddenly.... So maybe I just need time to adjust myself , my mood... Just scare that I fall into depression.... Baby been waking up at night & I have not enough rest.. & sometime I just feel lonely I don't know y.. Hubby going back to work on Monday... I feel very sad about it.. But I know no choice cause hubby gotta work to support us.. Just feel lost even to think of it...

diymummy

Hi angelwendy,

It's great that you have a supportive hubby.

I also cried a lot during confinement, all for the same reasons you are. I like freedom. But I guess having a child requires lots of sacrifices. Don't worry, things will get better. You will get used to it and the tiredness will subside once you get the hang of things.

Try to get people to talk to. Encouraging people, that is.

Take care. Congrats on your newborn.

cmeilim

hi, i was a weepy mum in my confinement month too, so much so i cut short my confinement to three weeks cos really could not take the additional stress of having someone else breathe down my neck. i felt better in control when i could look after baby on my own and got back my privacy and independence. post-pregnancy hormones certainly had something to do with it all. dun worry, when your baby grows day by day, you will get increasingly amused by this little life and the hormonal swings will also subside over time. just hang in there for now!

I haven't cried much although I do feel emotional occasionally, esp when looking at my nb son..The pregnancy and delivery (some complication) were not very smooth and I feel like he is possibly the only child I will ever have..

Used to travel overseas for work and love my freedom. Although I was prepared for the new addition, I already feel tied down with the nb. Have to make my life and career plans around him.

However, if so many mothers (working or not) can manage, I am sure it will not be a problem. Like someone said, do (little) things you enjoy (like I got hubs to buy me fav magazines like bazaar and elle) and stay happy and positive. Hang in there and jia you!

Last edited:
Thanks all mummy... I tht I'm the only one... Hubby helped me alot & also show lots of love tender & care.. Maybe I'm just not use to my life now.. As I'm a very out going person.. Life change suddenly.... So maybe I just need time to adjust myself , my mood... Just scare that I fall into depression.... Baby been waking up at night & I have not enough rest.. & sometime I just feel lonely I dont't know y.. Hubby going back to work on Monday... I feel very sad about it.. But I know no choice cause hubby gotta work to support us.. Just feel lost even to think of it...
first of all.... congratulations on your newborn angelwendy! :tlaugh:

haizz... im also cooped up with dd at home almost everyday. . her feed is every 2 hours........ at night then she let us off a bit, every 4 hours. :001_302: how to do anything...? feeding n burping takes about 30mins already. do a little things here and there then time's up again. milk milk.

i guess you'll get used it? cause i did. i thought i can siamm a bit but how to? wahhahaha :shyxxx:

my hubby also help out as much as he can. now im few days over my confinement already, slowly getting used to being alone during the day time lliao.

you in your confinement now? who's cooking for you?

angelwendy

first of all.... congratulations on your newborn angelwendy! :tlaugh:

haizz... im also cooped up with dear daughter at home almost everyday. . her feed is every 2 hours........ at night then she let us off a bit, every 4 hours. :001_302: how to do anything...? feeding n burping takes about 30mins already. do a little things here and there then time's up again. milk milk.

i guess you'll get used it? cause i did. i thought i can siamm a bit but how to? wahhahaha :shyxxx:

my hubby also help out as much as he can. now im few days over my confinement already, slowly getting used to being alone during the day time lliao.

you in your confinement now? who's cooking for you?
I'm onli the first week in my confinment... My granny is cooking for me...

Queenbabe

Thanks all mummy... I tht I'm the only one... Hubby helped me alot & also show lots of love tender & care.. Maybe I'm just not use to my life now.. As I'm a very out going person.. Life change suddenly.... So maybe I just need time to adjust myself , my mood... Just scare that I fall into depression.... Baby been waking up at night & I have not enough rest.. & sometime I just feel lonely I dont't know y.. Hubby going back to work on Monday... I feel very sad about it.. But I know no choice cause hubby gotta work to support us.. Just feel lost even to think of it...
Do any mummy cry alot during confinment time?? I dont't know why I keep on crying.. Maybe not use to the life when my boy Is born.. I feel so lost... I love my boy.. But I just feel so tired & stress... I m scare of post-natal depression.. Any mummy have the same problem with me??
*Sayangs* being a 1st time mum tend to cry & feel blue... u must be strong for the sake of yourself, your baby & your hubby.. i really envy u that u have such a nice & caring hubby... slowly u will get used to everything.... that time my 1st baby i also cry & cry coz no1 help me & im only 17 zzzzzzz....

Dont think so much okay.... your confinement will b over soon... i think i should be the 1 getting depression:tlaugh:worry abt my 1st ger studies my 2nd boy now very naughty & my no.3 on the way... hope i can handle all of them myself :wong19:

woofy55

oh, u have given birth! Congrats!! :) LIfe with the little rascal is definately different now. Cannot push him back inside so must carry on with life lo. :)

yes i also cry alot during my confinement.. Louis cry a lot so I also cried together with him cos i seriously don't know what he want then. I also cry cos no milk no milk and ppl kept telling me he's drinking not enuff, not enuff, not enuff... give formula, give water.. give this and give that.... really gets on my nerves. Its great that your hubby is supportive. Mine is too. But he is also stressed up and make me stressed too... so cry also.

How about you? Do you know why the reason u cry? Don't bottle up your feelings, talk to your family, frens who understands your situations or just rant it over here. :)

Cheer up - the early mth will pass sooooon!

Yes I did!

First day I reach home, my CL nagged at me for wearing t-shirt and shorts. I got so pissed off I screamed at her to get out of my room then hug my friend and cry. Haha.

Also I felt so lost and helpless when I see everyone going out as and when they like. I thought of the past when I too can just jump out of bed anytime and change and go out. But I can't. Even now I still think about it. go out also must plan and think ahead.

But like mummies here says, it's sacrifices we must make for our little ones. But it's worth it.

Jia you!

camom

I cried very badly and at the smallest thing for my 1st born. So inexperienced and when bb cried, I followed. Worse, I had a very bad case of bb blues. :(

For my 2nd birth, I guess I was more experienced, more prepared, more bo-chiap with other people's comments and firmer. Not too bad, I managed to sail thru the confinement confidently.

Jiayou mommy!

sugarcookie

I cried very often during my confinement.

After two months, things didn't improve. I even reached the point where I resented and hated my baby.

I was eventually diagnosed with Postnatal Depression.

IMO, if you find yourself sinking into depression and/or starting to really resent your baby, please seek help.