Do not hire confinement lady - er yock chu (yu zhu)!

hi all mummies and mummies to be,

i am posting this thread to alert you of this fraud confinement lady -- ER YOCK CHU (passport # A26397817). she is also known as Yu Zhu. She claimed that she has years of confinement experience but when i hired her for 3 days, i know she is a total fraud. she can not babysit or prepare confinement meals at all!

on day 1, she prepared chicken brew soup with ginseng that is the cooling type. When i finish the soup and saw the based then i realised it and it was too late. Day 2, she brew cheng teng for me which is cooling as well. And she keep telling me no need take herbal soup as the red date longan tea is sufficient for my body. on the 3 days she cooked for me, she claimed my husband bought the cooling type of japanese cai xin and said i can not eat but she cooked finish the whole bunch of vegetables and ask me to eat when she claimed it was cooling. so contradicting. and all 3 days, lunch and dinner, she used the same cooking style as she said my husband only bought 1 type of pork meat. when my red date tea is finished, she does not have a standby pot for me and i have to wait for 2hours for her to brew the tea again. there was also no hot water at all prepared by her for me to brush my teeth or wash my hands. she even keep asking me if she can open the windows and fan as she is very hot when i was sitting in the living room breastfeeding my baby and sweating.

as for baby-looking part, its even terrible. from day 1 to day 3, everytime once my baby cry, she does not check if baby cry because hungry or pass motion, she just carried baby from cot and push it to me. when baby cries and if i close my door, she will linger outside my door and expect me to come out automatically. she does not even knock the door to ask me come out. when i was totally exhausted trying to feed and pacify the baby, i return her my baby and ask her dont disturb me for 2hrs, she repeated the same time (carry crying baby and walk in front of my bedroom door) after 2hrs again and claim baby is hungry when baby diaper is stained and you just need to change his diaper.

when baby is bathing, she does not bother to switch off the fan and even open windows wide. she also does not know how to apply nappy rash cream on baby buttocks, something that is so simple, you do not even need babysitting experience and you can do that.

hence my hubby and i spoke to her nicely onwed (day 3) night to ask her to leave because of all the things that she did that was not right and she said she will change and she still refuse to leave. initially we asked her how much compensation she wants, she said it is not the money and gave alot of excuses. she even said she is willing to let me scold till day 28 and she will keep quiet. then when i burst out crying twice, then she asked us give her $2000 SGD and she will leave. when my hubby went to draw the money, she want to ask us to let her wait till morning then go. but it is only 1030pm and she could easily take a cab with the $2000 that we gave her.

i know it is stupid to give her the $2000 for all the lousy and incorrect things that she had done but she had gave me a very terrible mental torture during her 3 days stay with us and i really can not rely on her anymore. hence my advice to all mummies is not to hire this woman anymore.

and if you are going for freelance confinement lady, ask her how much you need to compensate her if you dislike her service and want her to leave. i was stupid and lazy and did not bother to find out more about other freelance babysitters or babysitter agencies previously and this is my retribution.

hope all mummies will learn from my experience and most importantly, do not hire this terrible woman - ER YOCK CHU (YU ZHU). she is a cheat and fraud and scam!

Thanks for your concern. I m under good care now as I have hired pem confinement lady. Luckily they have last minute confinement lady for offer.

I was introduced to her by my ex confinement lady but later when I told my ex confinement lady then she told me she has not yet successful introduced her a job except me.

Alisa

thats very unprofessional of yr ex confinement lady! she should recomment somebody experience! i am going to engage from PEM too.

What to do... cant blame anyone. Just have to blame myself for not doing more research. Next time don't dare recommend freelance to others.

venussnow

Sorry to hear of ur bad experience. I also had the same worry when I signed with pem coz there were v bad reviews in the forum. Wat I did was to exclude those cls tt the forum mentioned to pem and I had a v helpful auntie to help me thru out my confinement. She was v patient with my baby girl and we liked her cooking.

venussnow:777135 said:
Sorry to hear of ur bad experience. I also had the same worry when I signed with pem coz there were v bad reviews in the forum. Wat I did was to exclude those cls tt the forum mentioned to pem and I had a v helpful auntie to help me thru out my confinement. She was v patient with my baby girl and we liked her cooking.
Happy for u that u make the right choice n did yr homework. :D

EnonPoh

Gosh... glad to know that you are alright now... btw, how is PEM rates?
I am thinking if i should be a confinment lady or just learn the hard way myself... :)

Smalleyes

Actually, my confinement lady is extremely good and she has over 20 years of experience. PM me if you would like her contact.

EnonPoh:777353 said:
Gosh... glad to know that you are alright now... btw, how is PEM rates?
I am thinking if i should be a confinment lady or just learn the hard way myself... :)
Coz mine is last minute so they quoted me 2350 for 28days which Is reasonable. Include laundry for hubby n me. Meals for hubby n me. Grocery shopping n mopping of floor twice a week. N of coz 24hrs look after baby. Their aunties all from Malaysia. Extra request extra charge. Can do 1 free replacement. Maybe u call them to ask in more details?

Smalleyes:777395 said:
Actually, my confinement lady is extremely good and she has over 20 years of experience. PM me if you would like her contact.
Thanks smalleye for offering but I have got the new lady from pem. N she is good.

EnonPoh

Coz mine is last minute so they quoted me 2350 for 28days which Is reasonable. Include laundry for hubby n me. Meals for hubby n me. Grocery shopping n mopping of floor twice a week. N of coz 24hrs look after baby. Their aunties all from Malaysia. Extra request extra charge. Can do 1 free replacement. Maybe u call them to ask in more details?

Reasonable!! thanks for the info and I will call them to check :)