Do u do brazillian wax before u deliver?

PinkDiamonds

My gynae advised me not to do it as she mentioned something about an infection. Probably not advisable if it's your first time doing it.

But I went ahead anyway. If you're going for natural delivery they'll shave you. I don't like the hair when it grows back from shaving so I rather wax it out. After pregnancy when you have your lochia it may also be cleaner without the hair growing back so quickly. :)

No, I didnt.. Firstly i didnt know there a need to remove hair, lolz

when i went for c-sect, the staff nurse did for me... hee hee . Then i realise there is a need to remove...

cmeilim

i did it myself before my first delivery, and will do the same before my upcoming second one. mainly for hygiene and comfort after delivery. but i dun want the nurse to do it for me, and neither want to go for brazilian, for hygiene purpose and also cos the skin down there tends to be more sensitive during pregnancy. i just shave. the hair that comes back is coarser at the start, but just go back to waxing a few months after delivery and subsequent regrowth will be fine again. =)

jespang

i did it myself before my first delivery, and will do the same before my upcoming second one. mainly for hygiene and comfort after delivery. but i dun want the nurse to do it for me, and neither want to go for brazilian, for hygiene purpose and also cos the skin down there tends to be more sensitive during pregnancy. i just shave. the hair that comes back is coarser at the start, but just go back to waxing a few months after delivery and subsequent regrowth will be fine again. =)
But how do u shave it yourself? I mean the tummy is blocking my view and I can hardly bend forward with such big tummy blocking....LOL... Anyway, I hv been waxing regularly for years even during my this pregnancy.. is really cleaner and more hygiene. Now scheduled to do it again maybe 2 wks b4 my due date.

cmeilim

just feel and shave lor....hahaha, can be done lah! hubby never complain or tease me abt it, so i suppose the job is still acceptable, hahaha!

Mummy to Baby V

I've got very sensitive skin, so never did any waxing.
During natural delivery, it's not necessary to shave. This is an outdated hospital practice. My obgyn and midwife didn't even mention shaving. If you prefer to leave the hair alone, let your obgyn know during check-up. :)