do u spoilt yr baby?

diymummy

It depends what you consider as spoiling.

My hubby and I don't believe in spoiling our baby. We don't give our baby excessive attention because we believe that the baby should learn that he is part of the family and not the centre of it.

It's easy for us too that the baby doesn't seems spoilt because when he cries, we know that something is definitely wrong.

apollo

i'm still okay but i feel that my family, esp my parents are spoiling ds... if they r at hm, ds will always be in their arms... for me, i will just throw him in his jumperoo, let him jump for 15-20min while i just sit ard there doing my own things.. i will not carry him unless he cry. some parents dont carry even baby is crying but for me, wo ban bu dao esp when ds is crying v badly. is tt consider spoiling too? haha...

CJmom

With the grandparents spoiling him, we do not want to spoil him further. Instead we are (rather it is me) very disciplined with him. He's quite independent at his age so we leave him to eat, keep his toys, on/off his tv/radio (ya he chooses and loads the DVD he wants to watch himself). We bond with him through play and other stuffs but the moment he starts to throw his tantrum, we will discipline him and if he still continues, he knows punishment is next and will walk to his own naughty corner and sits there.

pkshl

With the grandparents spoiling him, we do not want to spoil him further. Instead we are (rather it is me) very disciplined with him. He's quite independent at his age so we leave him to eat, keep his toys, on/off his tv/radio (ya he chooses and loads the DVD he wants to watch himself). We bond with him through play and other stuffs but the moment he starts to throw his tantrum, we will discipline him and if he still continues, he knows punishment is next and will walk to his own naughty corner and sits there.
im not sure iszit my boy will throw tantrum at his age(5mths+) cos he will scream when we walk away even for a minute. once we carry him he's ok but when i put him on my lap & watch tv or on the bed, he starts his screaming n crying again. sometimes we can really pull our hair cos duno what he wants!

if he is really throwing tantrum, what can i do?

diymummy

Sounds like your boy is throwing tantrums and wants attention. If you can make sure that he's not in need, like change diaper or hungry, then I suggest you let him cry.

My boy used to do that. So we just let him cry. Slowly he learnt.

Now he's learning to scream. We just let him scream. Only when he quieten down, then we will give him attention. After abt 2 weeks, he doesn't scream so much anymore.

uddermummy

hmmm, i would think that older bbs throw tantrums, but not younger bbs. I think frustrated maybe?

my ger sometimes screams when i put her down to do my stuff, and when she does that, i will see if she's hungry, sleepy, or uncomfortable (nappy wet, too warm, too cold). Usually, it's because she one of the above.

Sometimes, it's because she's bored of playing on her own for too long, and then i'll have to sit with her in her play pen and play with her.

When she wants her way, like chew on something, I will give in to her if the thing is okay for her to chew on, but if it's not, i will try to distract her with something else. Sometimes if I'm impatient, I will frown at her. :p

I don't scream at her or scold her cos bbs at her age won't really understand this type of discipline.

As bbs grow older, we can't really expect them to just sit or lay there quietly cos they need a lot of stimulation and attention as they become more aware of their surroundings.

apollo

i think he is throwing tantrums, same as ds!!!

what i usually do is, go to him, ask him "yes darling? what happened? why screamed so loud?" he will stop screaming once he see us... i will not carry him immediately. will talk to him 1st. den sit beside him watch tv with him. aft seeing him concentrating on the tv, i will walk away.. hehe...

pkshl

i cant leave him there to scream cos he won't quiet down. he will scream until face very red & become very sweaty, hands will even turn cold. i juz did what regina mummy does, go up to him & ask him 'Y R U SCREAMING? WAIT FOR AWHILE ALSO CANNOT?':nah:

apollo

i cant leave him there to scream cos he won't quiet down. he will scream until face very red & become very sweaty, hands will even turn cold. i just did what regina mummy does, go up to him & ask him 'why are you SCREAMING? WAIT FOR AWHILE ALSO CANNOT?':nah:
me too.. though many ppl say, just let them cry, they will stop aft they r tired from crying. but i think not many mothers can do tt. at least i cant. though i noe he is just crying for attention, but how can i leave him cry until his face turn v red and cry until breathless? and baby do need our attention, need our cuddle :001_302:

chiro

my son is abit like that also..he jus wants ppl to be around him..dun wan to be alone..abandoned...now we try not to carry him as much..try to la

walk away further then he will cry..his eyes follow us if someone else is carrying him....

he will whine..but we know thats not a genuine cry ..hahaha

i cant leave him there to scream cos he won't quiet down. he will scream until face very red & become very sweaty, hands will even turn cold. i just did what regina mummy does, go up to him & ask him 'why are you SCREAMING? WAIT FOR AWHILE ALSO CANNOT?':nah:

TANZHENZHI

Me too. My son nowadays like to scream alot when he wants attention. He also cry alot this few days, especially night time. He seems very irritated. Not sure if it's becos of the teething that cause pain and irritate him. But everytime he cry, i will rush over to his side and ask him 'what happen, y are you crying?' then i will give him a hug to comfort him. I dun think is spoiling him but he just wants someone to comfort him :)

Ting

i dun know til what extent do u consider spoiling but, attention wise, no i dun spoil her.
material wise, i will always buy her foodie to eat if she wants, but not always.normally b4 she asks, i will offer alr, if she still wants more, i will reject.
toys, not much too.
tantrum wise, no, i dun give in to her tantrums, only when im really tired n dun wan to go thru the whole drama then will give in to her. if not, no.

for material wise, pin doesnt really ask much, mostly i will offer. she will only ask for foodie.. lol~