Do u train ur babies to sleep thru the night?

angelwendy

My boy's also a very fussy light sleeper.

He was breastfed directly and fussed up to 10 times a night to suckle for milk and for comfort.

For light-sleeper, have white noise playing while he sleeps / naps. E.g. loop rainfall CD track, a noisy fan or humidifier. This covers sudden noises and lets baby sleep better.

For last feed, does baby drink milk until he falls asleep?
If so, he could be associating drinking milk with sleeping.
So during every sleep cycle change at night (1-2 hours), he'd want to drink milk before sleeping again.
To break the association, have to let baby learn to fall asleep without drinking milk. E.g. Feed, then change, then pat to sleep.

Of course, some babies like my boy take a long time to learn this.
He started sleeping better at 14 months old, sleeping through whole night without feed at 18 months old.

I learnt many tips from these 2 books:
Book Review: The No-Cry Nap Solution by Elizabeth Pantley | Mummy's Reviews
Book Review: The No-Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley | Mummy's Reviews

Hi.. thanks for ur suggestion.. actually i did on the fan & even the tv on.. when he is asleep... he is ok with the noise with the fan & tv... but is that when we taking some plastic bag thing or other that will trigger to wake him up... for his last feed.. he don't fall asleep after the milk.. after milk still need to rock yao lan or pat him in his cot.. u mean change 1~2 hours meaning put him to bed later than his normal time 1~2hours? sometime even i pat him for 1 hour his eye is still so big.. & he begin to fuss.. i try to hack care him also.. if i know that he is not hungry & his diaper is not wet.. but he will scream & cry till i go attend to him... :embarrassed:

Ashbaby

U might want to try putting him to nap after a full meal. U might also want to feed him frequently like every 2-3hours.

My son nap 3-4 hours/day and sleep from 8pm-6am at night.

lekdao

His last feed is normally 120ml.. because he is a small eater... i got try to make 150ml.. but he cannot finish.. then went to sleep... he will cry even i put pacifier on his mouth.. & even want me to pat him for about 20 ~30 mins.. Zzz... i cannot let him be.. because when i do nothing.. he will cry & fuss...

Same here, my gal 1 year old still taking 120ml, so in the night and morning still gotta feed her once.

Mummy to Baby V

Hi.. thanks for your suggestion.. actually i did on the fan & even the tv on.. when he is asleep... he is ok with the noise with the fan & tv... but is that when we taking some plastic bag thing or other that will trigger to wake him up... for his last feed.. he dont't fall asleep after the milk.. after milk still need to rock yao lan or pat him in his cot.. you mean change 1~2 hours meaning put him to bed later than his normal time 1~2hours? sometime even i pat him for 1 hour his eye is still so big.. & he begin to fuss.. i try to hack care him also.. if i know that he is not hungry & his diaper is not wet.. but he will scream & cry till i go attend to him... :embarrassed:
Sleep cycle means when a person sleeps, he moves from light to deep sleep then to light sleep. At this point, light sleepers may wake up easily and ask for help to go back to sleep. For non-light sleepers or those who have learnt to soothe themselves, they can go back to sleep easily.

A newborn's sleep cycle is rather short (30-45min) then grows longer as he grows older.

I learnt these from Pantley's books. You may get them at most major bookstores such as Times, MPH, Popular. Often out of stock so better call before going.

Mrs.Cat

Wanna ask all the mummies here.. do you train your babies to sleep thru the night without waking up to feed them? actually i saw in baby centre .com about some ways to train their babies to sleep thru the night... but do you guys do it? & how you do it? because my boy is now coming 8 months old.. but still wake up quite often for feed...

Another question is : will babies stop by themself for waking up in the middle of the night?
I can answer your 2nd question : Will babies stop by themselves for waking up in the middle of the night?

For mine, yes. My daughter slept throughout when she turns 3 months. We did not train or do anything to her. For one morning, we woke up, I asked my hubby did he feed her last night because I was snoring away..:tlaugh:. He said no, he thought I was the one who fed her. To our surprised, we just found out that she just stop her night feed by herself. We are very lucky, thank God.

Btw, my daughter is already 3 years old :)

JJDad

My son already 3 yrs old and still wakes up once at night to ask for milk. so tiring for me...dun understand why other ppl's children can sleep throughout the night from 3 mths old. really envy them.

Mrs.Cat

My son already 3 yrs old and still wakes up once at night to ask for milk. so tiring for me...dont understand why other ppl's children can sleep throughout the night from 3 mths old. really envy them.
I am not sure if boys are natural 'eat eater'. Go angry easily and fast, some of my friend's sons still feed in the minddle of the night but some don't. I am not sure how to train them to sleep througout so can't help you :)