Do ur office comes with a nursing rooms?

shiyi

if not, where do u mummies go to express ur bm?

hope that i can find a job in a coy that has a nursing room..

camom

Yes, but I don't use. Too many bf moms in my ofc :)

I pump at my workstation. My colleagues who sit near me are all ladies. I asked and they don't mind. My male/female bosses avoid coming over at the regular hours I pump. Too shy I think :tlaugh:

How abt meeting rooms? Some of my colleagues in another office use meeting rooms. Those who use the glass panelled ones pump with their backs to the door and cover themselves with a nursing poncho.

My friend pumps in handicapped toilet cos her ofc does not have such facilities.

If your office is anywhere near a shopping mall, then use their nursing rooms. Cleaner than using toilet.

shiyi

dun think i can pump on my workstation cos my pump is kinda noisy..
glad u have understanding superiors who dun mind u expressing during office hrs

hueychye79

Yes, but I dont't use. Too many bf moms in my ofc :)

I pump at my workstation. My colleagues who sit near me are all ladies. I asked and they dont't mind. My male/female bosses avoid coming over at the regular hours I pump. Too shy I think :tlaugh:

How about meeting rooms? Some of my colleagues in another office use meeting rooms. Those who use the glass panelled ones pump with their backs to the door and cover themselves with a nursing poncho.

My friend pumps in handicapped toilet cos her ofc does not have such facilities.

If your office is anywhere near a shopping mall, then use their nursing rooms. Cleaner than using toilet.
Hi Cammon mummies,

That is the first time I heard office is so suuport for the breast feeding mummies.

I only can pump in the toilet, but is clean enough for me. :001_302:

adelynn

yes my office comes with nursing facilities that has 4 individual rooms (toilet cubicle size) and an open space with sofas in case all 4 are used up. During the 'peak' hours, it's always full as there are too many nursing mummies. So like camon, we turn to either meeting rooms, teleconference rooms or handicap toilets.

I remember my boss had to 'give up' his office everyday between for 30 minutes to a colleague of mine as during that period of time the nursing rooms really 'too hot' and our office was under reno.

camom

dont think i can pump on my workstation cos my pump is kinda noisy..
glad you have understanding superiors who dont mind you expressing during office hours
I use an Ameda. It's quieter cos the pump is not attached to the funnels. To reduce the noise further, I cover it with my shawls or cardis.

Haahaa, I actually didn't ask my bosses b4 I started at my cubicle. It was a natural progression cos the nursing rm was too far away from where I am. At least I am still working while I am pumping, so boss also happy :)

sufeit0115

yes my office comes with nursing facilities that has 4 individual rooms (toilet cubicle size) and an open space with sofas in case all 4 are used up. During the 'peak' hours, it's always full as there are too many nursing mummies. So like camon, we turn to either meeting rooms, teleconference rooms or handicap toilets.

I remember my boss had to 'give up' his office everyday between for 30 minutes to a colleague of mine as during that period of time the nursing rooms really 'too hot' and our office was under reno.
Hi adelynn, your office got so good facilities! I pump in office store room :)

shiyi

im so afraid i'll end up with a job where in the office whr theres no nursing im the only lonely one who needs to express milk..
if toilet very small only 1,2 cubicles also cannot pump;..

sufeit0115

im so afraid i'll end up with a job where in the office whr theres no nursing im the only lonely one who needs to express milk..
if toilet very small only 1,2 cubicles also cannot pump;..
Don't worry too much, when the time comes, u will know how to do cos it's MOTHER INSTINCT!! :tlaugh:

shopaholic

Yes, there's a special room that caters for mothers to express milk. One at a time, so we dont share the room together, we take turns. Thankfully, it's at best just another mummy beside myself, so we arrange among ourselves what time we will go and use the room.

I dont like the idea of expressing in the toilet.

cmeilim

i think i am fortunate that i switched to a job before getting pregnant, where although the title is the same, but now i get my own office, so i can put my bar fridge there and also pump in privacy. but even then, i still take precaution and seal up the slim glass panel on my door and put a stopped behind the door when i am pumping. after a while, colleagues know that when they see my door closed, they will call or email me. my boss also came to learn abt this from my other colleagues and is understanding enough. =)

sui

My company has over 6000 employees and 1 nursing room. The campus is huge and I'm located at a building that is 15 minutes walk away from the nursing room. I pump 20 minutes each time but spend 30 minutes walking. Total time away - 50 minutes away!! Pump twice a day..... My boss will jump, I tell you.

So, I pump in a store room. Good enough.:001_302:

cmeilim

i put in a suggestion to HR to create nursing rooms around my campus but got the reply that there are not enough rooms around. so i use my own office for myself and allow my staff to use the meeting room in our dept as and when they need and it doesn't clash with any meeting.

my previous workplace had a nursing room for nearly 1000 staff. the mummies come together during lunch time to pump together - there is solidarity and it's also nice to encourage one another and trade motherhood/parenting stories.

wa... so nice.. got nursing room at office.. currently i pump at file room (sometime colleague will rest/sleep there during lunch).. so far everything still ok..

wish to change job but worry no room for me to pump at new comp.. mummies with nursing room at office, if got vacancy can intro? looking for acc position :p

WinnieL

my company is small, so no dedicated nursing rooms. i pump in the meeting room. when colleagues sees me go into that room, they all know i'm going in to do my 'mommy thing'. :001_302:

heehee my office has no dedicated nursing room too.. but my boss let me use one of the smaller rooms that are hardly used and can be locked.
we have fridges in our office too so luckily can keep the milk there :p