Do we need to call my Gynae directly when I think i'm in labour

decoco

Hi Ladies, just a simple qn. When I read about you ladies calling your gynae. What does that mean? Call the doctor himself? or the clinic? What if it's in the middle of the night, and you are not sure, clinic is for sure not open yet, then who should we call? Or should i just go to the hospital and let the hospital call him? What if it's a false alarm when i get to the hospital?

My gynae is like super cool, I definitely don't have his HP, and he doesnt seem to think that I may deliver anytime now. I am in my 37 week and 2 days. But so far, he hasn't really talked to me about anything to do with labour, what to look out for etc. I'm feeling very uncomfortable with his "coolness". Especially reading on some people actually delivering around 37-38 week. Why wouldn't he be concerned at all?

apollo

Most gynae dont give their HP no to patients, mine too. if is during office hrs, just call up the clinic, if is on late night when the clinic has alrdy closed, call the hospital emergency hotline. Every hospital has their emergency hotline. I'm sure ur gynae or his nurses has tell u which no to call, if not u can check ur appt card. my gynae printed the hospital emergency no as well as the ambulance no behind the appt card. =)

thepinkdot

Hi Ladies, just a simple qn. When I read about you ladies calling your gynae. What does that mean? Call the doctor himself? or the clinic? What if it's in the middle of the night, and you are not sure, clinic is for sure not open yet, then who should we call? Or should i just go to the hospital and let the hospital call him? What if it's a false alarm when i get to the hospital?

My gynae is like super cool, I definitely don't have his HP, and he doesnt seem to think that I may deliver anytime now. I am in my 37 week and 2 days. But so far, he hasn't really talked to me about anything to do with labour, what to look out for etc. I'm feeling very uncomfortable with his "coolness". Especially reading on some people actually delivering around 37-38 week. Why wouldn't he be concerned at all?
just do this.. the nurses at the delivery ward will do a check on u.. to see if you're truly in labour before calling your gynae for further instructions.