do you all use any night lights for your child?

sunflowerseed

recently my 3 year old boy likes to go to bed with the room lights on. i have read that bright lights can actually inhibit production of a sleep hormone which in the long run may disrupt your sleeping pattern.

anyone else facing the similar prob?

shiyi

i installed a small lamp bought from ikea. so every night when i on the small lamp my girl will know its time to go to bed.

Just in case she wakes up in the middle..

sunflowerseed

i installed a small lamp bought from ikea. so every night when i on the small lamp my girl will know its time to go to bed.

Just in case she wakes up in the middle..
so cute! babies/toddlers will actually form such "sleep associations". i am just wondering what would be some good ways to train them to start sleeping alone.

shiyi

so cute! babies/toddlers will actually form such "sleep associations". i am just wondering what would be some good ways to train them to start sleeping alone.
yup.. my MIL said that if you cultivate the right slping habit in them, they will automatically go to bed when its time

znljubica

I asked the psychologist. This is the answer:

About 3 year may be a fear of the dark, which is often made concrete through the fear the child will be tripped in the dark, and hurt, that monster out of the closet or that it will spider bite and so on. This is the periods in which the intense imagination and develops the power of imagination, a child is easily feels with scenes from animated movies or stories, often amplified and seen as a present. Children in this period need to sleep with the lights on or open the door to the room.Parents should recognize that children's needs. Over time, most children start own accord to close the door to his room and turned off lights at bedtime, but the insistence of parents can lead to an intensification and deepening of fear.

sunflowerseed

I asked the psychologist. This is the answer:

About 3 year may be a fear of the dark, which is often made concrete through the fear the child will be tripped in the dark, and hurt, that monster out of the closet or that it will spider bite and so on. This is the periods in which the intense imagination and develops the power of imagination, a child is easily feels with scenes from animated movies or stories, often amplified and seen as a present. Children in this period need to sleep with the lights on or open the door to the room.Parents should recognize that children's needs. Over time, most children start own accord to close the door to his room and turned off lights at bedtime, but the insistence of parents can lead to an intensification and deepening of fear.
interesting. so its like parents should not keep saying/threatening that some monster will come out from under the bed/cupboard if the child don't sleep? lol. thanks for the info!

sunflowerseed

thanks for all the advice. i have decided to get the osim uVenus as it is a mood light and also an air purifier. great for use in the bedroom.

this video explains the various features of uVenus and how it can help to reduce pollution in your house

[video=youtube;-8op44bkyS0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8op44bkyS0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited:

Carlisle

recently my 3 year old boy likes to go to bed with the room lights on. i have read that bright lights can actually inhibit production of a sleep hormone which in the long run may disrupt your sleeping pattern.

anyone else facing the similar prob?
My sister turn the lights off when her child is sleeping, because she seems to sleep better in a dark room...