Do You Buckle Up Your Child?

kuan

Can i have a show of hands - how many of you make it a MUST to buckle up your child?

For those who don't, WHY? Don't you all think it is very dangerous not to buckle up you child?

Whenever i see children in the car not wearing any seat belts, i feel so worried for them. Yes....mummy or daddy may be a very experience, very careful driver, but when accidents happen, it just happen there and then....

I am glad that when my 1st DD was born 10yrs ago, DH insisted on putting her in an infant seat. We were driving her all the way from Bedok to Jurong every other day. Back then, i disagreed with him, i thought i feel more secure to carry her while in the car , and DD also resisted at 1st. she would cry whenever i put her in the infant seat. But DH is very firm about buckling up DD, so i gave in. And not long after, DD just got used to being put into infant seat. :001_302:

Till now, it is a needless to say thing - whenever my 2 DD get in the car, they will buckle up automatically - no matter the distance is long or short.

SO.... for parents who have not implement this practice - PLEASEEEEE do it now and it is never too early or too late to start.:tlaugh:

lisa_ng

i do have a habit to put on seat belt for my girl whether it's a short distance or not.

same tots as you, i let my girl sit on my lap in the car which i feel more secure.

by the time, i wanted her to be in infant car seat, was too late de. she was refusing.
until now, she's 2yo still sitting on my lap. :(

i remember i read about putting on these seat belts be it a car or a stroller first before moving out.
then it's will become a routine that the car or stroller will get moving only after the seat belts on.

same theory for those ppl who wan to train their kids to sit in a stroller then can move out to go shopping. but this one i've failed. :001_302:

snowbear

i do have a habit to put on seat belt for my girl whether it's a short distance or not.

same tots as you, i let my girl sit on my lap in the car which i feel more secure.

by the time, i wanted her to be in infant car seat, was too late de. she was refusing.
until now, she's 2yo still sitting on my lap. :(

i remember i read about putting on these seat belts be it a car or a stroller first before moving out.
then it's will become a routine that the car or stroller will get moving only after the seat belts on.

same theory for those ppl who wan to train their kids to sit in a stroller then can move out to go shopping. but this one i've failed. :001_302:
I started putting my DD into the car seat from the 1st month. But when she grew older she also rejected it and before i can buckle her she'd already climbed out of it... Recently i changed the car seat from back-facing to front-facing. She can sit in it for a longer period of time!! And when she makes noise i'll just play with her or give her a toy to play :) But actually most of the time when we're in the car i'd be nursing her so dun really get to use the carseat all that much.

She used to hate being strapped up in the stroller also. Always trying to get out of it. Nowadays when we're having a meal outside we'll just feed her food or snacks and she'll be happy for awhile. The other day i went out with my friend and we spent 2 hours+ at coffee bean and she sat strapped in the stroller for almost the whole time - just very bz eating bread/egg yolk/snacks and drinking water. :tlaugh::tlaugh:

lisa_ng

I started putting my DD into the car seat from the 1st month. But when she grew older she also rejected it and before i can buckle her she'd already climbed out of it... Recently i changed the car seat from back-facing to front-facing. She can sit in it for a longer period of time!! And when she makes noise i'll just play with her or give her a toy to play :) But actually most of the time when we're in the car i'd be nursing her so dun really get to use the carseat all that much.

She used to hate being strapped up in the stroller also. Always trying to get out of it. Nowadays when we're having a meal outside we'll just feed her food or snacks and she'll be happy for awhile. The other day i went out with my friend and we spent 2 hours+ at coffee bean and she sat strapped in the stroller for almost the whole time - just very bz eating bread/egg yolk/snacks and drinking water. :tlaugh::tlaugh:
front facing for the car seat? is it facing the front like us?
i wonder those booster seat is for wat age. mayb she will like it better.
kind of regret never buy edix when we change our car, else hb, me and my girl can officially sit in front. hehe

stroller for my girl i think no chance le. she rather come down to push the stroller than to sit inside. :001_302:

lisa_ng

Ya, facing the front like us....

haha... coz your girl big already mah...
tried the front facing for car seat, didn't work for my girl.
no choice let her be for now. sit on my lap until she willing to take a seat on her own.
i'm more worried about tp when on the road. :001_302:

snowbear

tried the front facing for car seat, didn't work for my girl.
no choice let her be for now. sit on my lap until she willing to take a seat on her own.
i'm more worried about tp when on the road. :001_302:
They're not so strict de la... they got better things to do like catch speeding motorists... keke.. unless you happen to be speeding lor... then kenna one extra penalty...

lisa_ng

They're not so strict de la... they got better things to do like catch speeding motorists... keke.. unless you happen to be speeding lor... then kenna one extra penalty...
hehe.. my girl now 95cm in height.
she's too obvious sitting on my lap.
hope those tp not so strict with car with children.

oh no no.. we dun speed de hor. *thinking* :001_302:

rainy5

Hi mummies

My dd knows she has to buckle up when she gets inside the car.

I have a question here, what about when there is a no. 2, do you get another car seat for the no. 2? I really need to know what you mummies do. Thanks.

snowbear

Hi mummies

My dd knows she has to buckle up when she gets inside the car.

I have a question here, what about when there is a no. 2, do you get another car seat for the no. 2? I really need to know what you mummies do. Thanks.
Hubby and i intend to get booster seat for 1st child when 2nd one comes along.

snowbear

Booster seat is for 7 years and above. Mine is a 3 year old. Any mummy buy another carseat for no. 2?
not all are... i've seen some for 4 years old coz most carseats only can take baby up to 4 years old. In between 4 and 7, certainly they still need a seat?

Got this from a website
http://www.drspock.com/article/0,1510,6129,00.html:

When you hear someone use the expression "booster-age child," generally they're referring to children between the ages of four and eight. However, this recommendation is based on the assumption that most four-year-olds weigh at least 40 pounds and are at least 35 inches tall. If your child falls outside these size measurements, she may be an exception to the rule.

Hence, it depends on your child's size at 3 years old. Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:

lisa_ng

not all are... i've seen some for 4 years old coz most carseats only can take baby up to 4 years old. In between 4 and 7, certainly they still need a seat?

Got this from a website
Who Should Be in a Booster Seat?:

When you hear someone use the expression "booster-age child," generally they're referring to children between the ages of four and eight. However, this recommendation is based on the assumption that most four-year-olds weigh at least 40 pounds and are at least 35 inches tall. If your child falls outside these size measurements, she may be an exception to the rule.

Hence, it depends on your child's size at 3 years old. Hope this helps. :)
great info here.
i think my girl can use booster seat le. she's 95cm 14.5kg i think most car seat will not fit her.

snowbear

great info here.
i think my girl can use booster seat le. she's 95cm 14.5kg i think most car seat will not fit her.
No prob. :) Actually i think my gal by 4 years old still can sit in her current carseat... haha. She's super small size. :tlaugh::tlaugh:

SharonTan

Yes buckle everywhere we go for my daughter.. but for my son who is 2 months old now, most of the time I will buckle him in infant car seat but if he is hungry will bring him out to nurse.. finished den put him in again.

I also saw many parents who lets the kids run ard in the car.. so worried for them.. so dangerous..

yan2

Its not whether TP is strict or not...accident happened when driver is careless..you might be very careful when driving but others might not be careful.

Its important to buckle up our children. For safety. Why wait till children are injured in the accident then we felt sorry.

elmo493

I would definitely want to buckle up my boy who can't sit still in the car and it is for his own good.