do you get along fine with your own parents?

lyra

Some moms r like that. For me it's my dad. Personality clashes with me too. I always rebel against him. But I know he loves me no matter how hash he says some things or how controlling he seems. After years of knowing each other, I know ways to get around his controls. Good to be smart so you can get around the clashes and maintain cordial relatisonship.

But I would say its better not to stay together with parents. Staying nearby is gd, but not together so that we can each have our own personally space.

If ur hubby is more assertive n can 'win' arguments with ur mom, maybe u let ur hubby make the interior design, and other decisions or if ur mom interferes, tell her it's ur hubby's decision. That'll b better right?

MsKoh1973

my mum passed away abt 10 yrs ago. As for my dad, he is staying w me, but day by day, always tried something new to annoy me, sometimes I cannot take it, I w scold him, other times I just ignore him.

He like to cook, as I dun allow him to cook for family, he cook for himself. He always like to fry things at home, no maid to clean up :(

He like to drink icy sugary drinks, told him not to drink so much cos he is nearly 80 yo, got breathing diff, he bo chap.

Changed his own medication.

Eat and drop food every where.

Forgets to lock the door occassionally and sometimes even left his keys in the key hole.

Do cooking and fall asleep (tats why I got fire extinguisher at home).

Gamble alot and used to borrow fr Ah Long, until my final warning.

Feel that we not good to him, yet he has his own room, air con, tv, pocket allowances, meal cook for him, bring him for med apt (med fee abt $200 pm). When we young, he was always in prison becos of drug problem, my mum killed herself, he is partly responsible for what happened.

Ok, feeling better now after complaining.

quincy1986

had a war with my parents too.
i was upset with the way they helped me with my wedding.
i gave them instructions but they find that i am too controlling.
so end up all they did was just stood there chit chatting away with relatives at my wedding reception.
while my in-laws were working hard with guiding relatives to their seats.

told them i was disappointed and ashamed. as a simple punishment, i told them i will not be visiting them for 2 months.
and no allowance for that period of time.
to my surprise, my mom blurted out that she took a sum of money from my wedding ang baos,
without even informing me.
she told me that because the dowry that my husband gave them was too little.
but my husband forked out more than 5k for the dowry.

i have cut off my communication from them ever since.
my allowance to them have also stopped.

i am so ashamed. everytime i think of how they were like i will be in disbelief.
i do not even dare to tell my husband of this.
i just tell him that i had a quarrel with my parents and i am not going back anymore.