Do you have enough time for your kids?

ling.er

Working mum do you have enough time for your kids & husband ? Currently i just started work.. For me reach hoem till 6.30-6.45pm then bath & eat till about 7.30pm . I only left 2 hour with my kids as he had his milk @ 9.30pm & time for bed.. As for hubby soemtime he work till 9pm+ reach home alrd 10pm.. By tat time 10.30pm i also preparing to ZZZzzzzz too ..

Working mum how do you cope with tis?? Kindly share with mi..

ping26

Yes, it's like that.

On some days, my baby's already asleep when I pick her up from my mother's place. so sad. Sometimes, I play with her first. Then take a late bath at 10+pm.

That's why I choose to work 4-day week & started a weekly playgroup for her in my centre.

I don't buy too many toys. I spend most of our time playing, creating things & talking. It helps a lot.

I also outsource a lot of energy-sapping stuff like hsework, even bathing her on weekends. Otherwise, no energy to play with her.

aiii.. me worse, everyday reach home at 11pm++, gal (8mths ++) and hub already sleep... only morning time got few min time talk/play with my gal then carry her to nanny house...

Y dont change to a office hour work? Is better ..
I wish to, but too short handed and no ppl for me to handover job to.. and is still recruiting ppl, so let's see if enough ppl then might no nd to work till tat late lo..

colleagues are nice, dept head good oso, so try again lo.. if the situation still the same, then will choose to go lo

woofy55

Hi mummies - i hv shared with some mummies here before that I m working towards the goal of spending more time with my boy without lowering my current standard of living. Do you want to join me n explore the option? We earn passive income by helping ppl to lose weight. Let me know :)

Cheers
Shirley

shiyi

no choice leh sg standard of living is so high.. got to earn more money to provide the best for my girl.
urgh miss her so much!

summertime

This thread seem quite time ago.. I do agreed. After I come back from work , I really left not much time. My boy now is 14 month old , sometime is I feel abit guilty as i really exhausted no energy to play with him.

Dreamwish

ling.er:512975 said:
Working mum do you have enough time for your kids & husband ? Currently i just started work.. For me reach hoem till 6.30-6.45pm then bath & eat till about 7.30pm . I only left 2 hour with my kids as he had his milk @ 9.30pm & time for bed.. As for hubby soemtime he work till 9pm+ reach home alrd 10pm.. By tat time 10.30pm i also preparing to ZZZzzzzz too ..

Working mum how do you cope with tis?? Kindly share with mi..
I am about in the same situation as you:(

felicity

As a teacher I usually spend almost 12 hrs in sch from 6:40am to 6:30pm... Reached home 7+! I love my job so I really have no plan to switch... Worse is after I got home I still hv to mark assignments, set papers, do lesson plans until around 1am. I'm still on maternity leave now but I'm really worried when I go back to work :( the only perk is I can take unpaid childcare leave so I'm taking a few mths... I'm a very obsessive mother and i wanna be around to witness my baby's milestones. I seriously wonder how i'd cope once I have to go back to work... :(

Haha.. Im an ex teacher... quitted cos the schedule and workload are really punishing... I'm glad I did and have more breathing space:)

Frenchkitty

I'm working as a nurse, full-time.. and recently just returned to work after ML.. feels so tired most of the time because I have to deal with patients so it's a zero error tolerant job..
Whenever I am home I have no more energy to do other things except deal with my 2 kiddos.. haha..

annawtb

Though I only worked on mon-fri and usually reach home before 7pm, but i am having my second and on top of it weekend are burnt due to studies.
Sometimes really find it hard to handle and stressed on coping time especially with my 3yo daughter seems to jealous over my current pregnancy.
Everything and every time she will ask me to accompanied her.

I'm a full time mum and yes i do agree today we need to make a choice and change our life. In employment life we will never have enough time for our life and family as well as financial freedom. Finally I resigned yesterday. Going to venture to ageloc opportunity in September to change my life!! If you are interest can join me too!