Do you leave your baby with your maid alone at home?

chikafein

Hi mommies,

I want to ask whether anyone here leave your baby with your maid alone at home while you are at work? How do you cope?

My husband and I are both working and we leave our baby (9 months old) with our maid alone, however I feel really uncomfortable to leave my baby alone with my maid. Both me and my husband also need to work very long hour (leave home at 8am and reach home around 9pm).

I am thinking to put our baby at infant care, but my husband doesn't agree. any other suggestion???

Install CCTV?

I plan to install soon.

My mom will come home early to help take care.
I leave for work around 4-5pm usually, mom back around 7-10pm.
So bb won't be left with maid alone for too long.

U see if your mom or in law free to come by some time to check on maid?
Can take turns.

Infant care quite costly & I don't like the idea, wait a lot of germs then bb fall sick.

MarieYeo

Hi

Yes CCTV is an option, I hav had colleagues who hav their parents or in laws at their place when they are at work as a safety precaution.

My hubby works long hours n I work some shifts or fm home sometimes; we foster our 4mth old to a nanny on weekdays,we prefer a home environment for bb,did not like infant care, furthermore bb will get one to one attention wif nanny...less stressful also as nanny is flexible wif the time we pick our bb

chikafein

My parents and my parents in law are both oversees, so I cannot ask them to come by my house, and they cannot move in to Sg because they have their lives also there.

greeniac

hi.. im also having a maid as my bb main care taker.. we put up cctv before she came.. n now its been almost 5months she take care of my bb.. no bb is 18months old.. so far shes ok.. but still need to check on bb after come back from work.. any bruises or something weird.. we used to put our bb in infantcare before using a helper, our bb become very skinny until u can obviously see the ribs within 1 month in infant care.. seems like bb dunwan to eat properly there.. i was the only care taker before i go back to work, maybe bb only wants mummy to feed bb.. so we took bb out from infant care n hire a helper instead.. i asked my mum to help for about 2weeks to teach the new helper of my bb routine, get bb to get used to our helper, let every daily routine to be handle by helper for some time without me..within 2months our bb gain back the weight thanks to our helper..
i know not every helper is to be trusted, but cctv does help to see whats happening since bb cant talk and communicate to us yet.. n try to talk and understand ur helper more, since they r also new to the environment and missed their family as well.. once u understand them, it will be alot easier to handle n gain trust in each other.. :) good luck!