Do you still go clubbing after married with kids?

Lostsoul

Hi, what do u feel if u r married but still yearn for clubbing once in a while? Any mummys who still club even aft aft married n hav kids? Ever feel guilty? Will u announce to ppl tat u r married or says nothing? Anyone goes clubbing n hugged someone else?

What is ur view?

JJDad

Hi, what do u feel if u r married but still yearn for clubbing once in a while? Any mummys who still club even aft aft married n hav kids? Ever feel guilty? Will u announce to ppl tat u r married or says nothing? Anyone goes clubbing n hugged someone else?

What is ur view?
I do yearn going clubbing after I got married without kids. But only went a few times. after had kids never go anymore. I wont announce dat I'm married unless being asked. Have not hugged anyone during clubbing after married. Why is the reason u asked? R u in this situation?

Edwinie

i still go to salsa clubs to dance salsa, which is a couple dance. but i prevent myself from doing those flirtatious sexy moves, which i find it distasteful whether i'm married or not. so after a dance with guys, it just ends there. so nothing much.

as for those normal clubs, i'll just enjoy with my own friends. i usually give other stranger guys the 'f***ed up' face so no one will come near me. lol! i'm not interested anyway. hmm... b4 i'm married or after, i don't like to get touchy with random people. if they come, i'll totally ignore. i like going clubbing and i have no qualms just dancing alone and enjoying the music.

i would feel a bit guilty for leaving my son at home so that my mil look after. but i reason to myself that it's night time and it's my son's long sleep of 5hours. so that's not very demanding.

anyway, whether is it in clubs or not, i'll make sure i remain a role model to my child, regardless whether he is there to see or not. i enjoy salsa as an art form. i enjoy dancing to club music as an art form. as for alcohol, i have yet to take any as i'm still breastfeeding. haha! but i'm dying for some german beer and german food though...

i will announce i'm married if asked. but i don't think i'll be asked as i don't approach anyone or allow anyone to approach me.

Triquetra

I think it's fine to go clubbing after marriage but not hugging someone else behind your spouse's back. Maybe I am narrow minded, I won't like it if my hubby hugs another woman so I won't do it myself.

After giving birth, I have given up clubbing. My time is dedicated to work and family. I already feel bad that I don't get to spend much time with my daughter because of work so I try to spend time with her whenever it is possible.

If I want to meet my friends, I will bring her along. Kids are growing at such amazing rate, I really don't want to miss out those moments.

I guess it's up to individual, personal time is a necessity to some people. I just do my stuffs during breaks at work or after daughter has fallen asleep. Work is stressful and parenting is not easy but seeing the smiles on my daughter's face is all worth it :)

shiyi

still club or ktv once every 2 mths or more when its my friend's bday. mindset is totally different now. i get tired @12am.
not guilty as its a form of relieving stress as well.
But now am more reserved.

Not much clubbing as i find it too tiring, but will still go with hubby and ktv-ing with frens after work, like twice a month. Initially will feel guilty, but its hubby who encouraged me to go, to destressed, so now im fine with it. :)

Lostsoul

Normally i will just enjoy myself with my girl friends but there is one occassion where i got a bit physical with guys. there are hugs involved and im feeling guilty about it. What should i do? my hb koes tat i club.....

i have tat feeling tat deep down, i yearn for freedom and tat kind of attention which i don koe why because my hb is gd to me....

anyone in same situation with me?

JJDad

Normally i will just enjoy myself with my girl friends but there is one occassion where i got a bit physical with guys. there are hugs involved and im feeling guilty about it. What should i do? my hb koes tat i club.....

i have tat feeling tat deep down, i yearn for freedom and tat kind of attention which i don koe why because my hb is gd to me....

r u the one who initiate the hugs or the guys? in what kind of situation? r u drunk? how long was the hugs? if it was those kind of hug and go to say goodbye, i think still acceptable. Yearning for freedom shows that u r being "caged" up a lot. ur husband may be good to u, but is he taking up ur freedom as well? u must ask urself all these and provide us with more info before we can give u advices. dun worry, u will be fine.

Edwinie

the other time i was in europe, the people there are quite open about it. like getting very physical on the dance floor despite being attached. i'm not sure about marriage though.

as an Asian and being conservative, i feel that it is not right and you just have to suppress it. before i marry and when i was attached, i did a bit of physical stuff and felt guilty. so after marriage, it's totally no! unless i'm dancing salsa, but that's a totally different concept.

if your husband knows, how would he react? you will never know that your actions might be seen by his family members or his friends. singapore is small..

or why not go clubbing with your husband and get physical with him? =)

mag_huiling

I still goes clubbing and ktv pubs after giving birth. Especially when Im in the entertainment industry. I dont say Im married, but I say "I'm already a mother" and guys will definitely turn off.

I also have this feeling of yearning for freedom. But tell yourself, you'll regret if you chooses freedom over family. what can you do will freedom without family? You can have your freedom of going clubbing, at least your husband knows about it. But dont go overboard. Overboard once is enough to blow your family apart.

At least yours is a HUG, treat it as you're in a western country, hugs is common. but dont go further. And if possible, avoid hugs also.

shopaholic

I stopped going after dating hubby. He's not into clubbing and very much prefer to chat over a nice cup of coffee. Slowly, I find myself drawn to that and no longer yearned to go clubbing.

eelynn

Hi, i think i knw wat u mean coz at times i hv d same feeling as u... Its juz a kind of 'dat moment feeling' dat u wana hug another guy coz they gv a diff feeling compared to ur hubby's... Its juz curiousity n temptation dat gv u tis kind of feeling wen u go clubbing...
I do love my hubby but sometimes wen u go out wif guys, u juz wana pretend u r single n flirt ard wif those guys dat catches ur eyes or attention dat they gv u but all i can say is if u go clubbing less, this feeling will go off. Mayb i shd say try putting urself in ur hubby's shoe. If u knw he goes clubbing n hugs a gal, hw wld u feel? If u tell me frm d bottom of ur heart u dnt feel jealous or angry den i will say u dnt love ur hubby anymore. As for telling ppl whether u r married anot, i wldnt announce to everybody there. I wear a wedding band so i dnt feel a nid to announce. Anyway clubbers dat u knw there r juz aquaintance, nt ppl close to u dat u hv to tell everything. Juz kip it short n simple dat u r married. But if knwing dat u r married n they still wana get close to u, i dnt hv to say as u knw wat kind of person he is n wat he wans.
Juz remb dat go clubbing, there r alot of temptationsssss. Juz knw wat u r doing n juz let loose n njoy urself. Going clubbing doesnt mean get flirting wif guys. There r music n dance dat make u happy wif ur frnd ard...

meiteoh

At least yours is a HUG, treat it as you're in a western country, hugs is common. but dont go further. And if possible, avoid hugs also.
Urm, I dunno about your angmoh friends but my hubby's angmoh male friends NEVER hug other married or attached women, eg me la. It's just not nice. We kiss on the cheek as per social practice but hugging is something intimate and reserved for your partner/spouse/family. Heck, even my FIL and stepFIL doesn't hug me!!!!! I guess Europeans have different practices.

Anyway, going back to the TS question, I don't go clubbing anymore - I used to when I was single and unattached but after I got a boyfriend and especially after marriage, I just stopped. I'd go out for drinks with my then-boyfriend, now-hubby but no clubbing - hard to chit chat with all that noise. Now that we're married, maybe just a drink at home or coffee outside but that's it. No regrets. After all, I'm a married woman with children - lifestyle has to change one way or another.

Last edited:

iris90

I dont think i will be going to club after I have my baby. In fact even now after im married, I never go clubbing anymore.

Amulet

not married, but i stopped all my night activities once baby is born.. only go for movie occasionally after baby is almost 2 yo..