Do you still maintain your beauty after you got married/have babies?

iris90

I still maintain my beauty after I married. I wanted to look young n pretty always. My hubby always encourages me to put on some light make up whenever I go. He doesn't like me to grow fat too. I think it is also important to keep me look gd so that my hubby will not look at other gals as I will be jealous if he keeps staring at other gals.
Same mentality as me. hahahaha

estherloon

Me too agrees with all e ladies & mummies here that we shld still maintain our beauty, it is a form of treating ourseleves better in a way. My hb has been supportive towards me too. In a way he sometimes will do mask with me at home too. haha! I can only say we are both Ai mei!! I wanted to look young too thou I am not those who actively go for facial, mani & pedi services but if I do go my hb will accompany me if he can by waiting for me patiently,I guess this is his way of support.

To all ladies & mummies here, keep it up & way to go!! :001_302:

hotmilktea

I find it very hard to stay pretty dealing with a newborn! At night I don't even have the energy to put on my eye cream.
I have abt 2kg more to lose, I am not worry about that because the vain in me will make me work hard! I seldom dress up since I am stay home mummy but whenever I got the chance I will because I miss all my makeup!!!!!

hotmilktea

Totally agree! My baby is coming 4 months, while I thought things will get easier.... Is not! He sleeps less and play a lot. I am drained.

I missed my manicure, my nails were cut short on day 1 when my son is born, the lactation consultant passed me the nail clipper!

yeah... a newborn will keep us busy like crazy... proper rest and sleep becomes so precious to us then !!

our men must understand !!!!

ashley99

Ya many people do think that after women are married, we do not have the need to dress ourselves up (I disagree with this STRONGLY) I mean what is this? Doesn't mean that after pregnancy, we do not have the rights to doll ourselves up and look pretty?

lyra

Hotmilktea, me too! Stay home mum to 4 month old who sleeps very little, demands my attention all the time and loves to scream! I've been thinking of going for my facial but I feel paiseh to ask parents or parents in law to take care coz I need to go facial. Dunno what they'll say about me. Hubby say he cannot handle bb alone. Sigh. Maybe I'll have to be thick skin n just ask parents.

I dun really like manicure though. It's very troublesome to maintain n I'm a perfectionist. If there's a crack in the nail paint, I can't stand it. Haha. Hope to go for my facial n hair cut! I've switched my hairstylist at orchard to hair salon downstairs coz really no time n now also no money...

Totally agree! My baby is coming 4 months, while I thought things will get easier.... Is not! He sleeps less and play a lot. I am drained.

I missed my manicure, my nails were cut short on day 1 when my son is born, the lactation consultant passed me the nail clipper!

dadandmom

Hey mommies , me too ! stilll like to doll up but rarely found time to do so with my DD. lucky sometimes my husband will take the initiative to share some burden with me to take care of the kids. luckily near my place at Kallang Leisure Park got an indoor playground with dropoff service called PeekaBoo (Welcome to Peek-a-boo) that I could let me kids play , especially during weekdays so i can have some breathing time to go do up some 'maintainance' hoho! Would recommend it to moms with kids who wants to breath a little ! Would recommend the place cos the lady boss quite nice and chit chatted with her all the time , and i like the nail spa in the shopping centre :)