Do you still pat your DS or DH to sleep?

rykiel

Do you still pat your DS or DD to sleep?

xavier's turning 2 in january .. i have to pat him to slp in the noons and nights .. onli at times when he plays till he is super super tired than he falls aslp by himself .. how to stop the habit..?:err:

Last edited:

stonston

i used to pat my nephew to sleep...then when he turned 2, i told him he is big boi....n big bois sleep on their own, dunnid to pat pat...so he was ok with it....

but when he sick i will still pat pat him to sleep even though he already 5yo :)

yuki

never...every nig since she turn ard 7mths(cos she is big and i'm unable to cradle her in my arms where i used to be)....i just off the lights and put her on my bed beside me ...she will toss n turn the zzzz..then i carried her to her cot....she zz till morning...she is 14mths now...

shopaholic

No way for both!!! hahaha ... I stopped doing so for the kids when they were 2mth old! Trained them to sleep by themselves.

Mrs Xie

Think all babies have different habits and preferences. My dd changes her habits of sleep every couples of months.... right now she is coming to 8mths old and when she is sleepy, she always give me symtoms and I would just let her sleep on her own without patting her...... Few months ago, she need to be carried before she can really fell asleep...... :tlaugh:

ireneliau

Re: Do you still pat your DS or DD to sleep?

at night, let him do some stuff like reading book together, play some card game or any relax activites before he sleep.. then turn on soothing music and off the light.. accompany them till they fall asleep..
noon time quite hard unless them have a routine already.. So they will know when they need to sleep.. maybe slow try to stop patting him now and then.. good luck..

Angelmum

Re: Do you still pat your DS or DD to sleep?

xavier's turning 2 in january .. i have to pat him to slp in the noons and nights .. onli at times when he plays till he is super super tired than he falls aslp by himself .. how to stop the habit..?:err:
one pacifier solve my problem. She enjoys being carress not pat

rykiel

thanks everyone for your replies.. i stopped xavier's pacifier habit quite some time ago. now must pat him oror .. ZZZ. hurhurSs onli at times when he's damn tired than he can get to bed by himself.. thou he still doesnt know how to talk but at times whn i dun wana pat him he will tug my hands ... -.-~"

leey

Yes,it is usefu as my woman said.
It needs it when the child is in little age or less.:001_302: