Do you think a marriage must have kids?

Alisa

Have kids when both u n hubby r ready. It's both u and hub decision and nvr a 3rd party. For example being pressurise by inlaws, shld not be any considerations of u and hub having kids.
Married for years without kids, I realise me and hub can lead a wonder life without kid but end of the day I start thinking otherwise...
i feel that our son bond my family together. Like now i am staying with my PIL, they loves my son tho i am not in good term with my MIL, when i am quarrelling with my husband, looking at our son will calm us down.

PinkDiamonds

Marriage = husband + wife
Family = husband + wife + kids

So to answer the question, since marriage only consists of husband and wife then there probably isn't a need to have a child until they decide that they want a family.

I've always known I wanted children, so naturally for me we started a family.

I also realized that once we start a family, we may forget that besides the children we also need to work on our separate relationships with our spouse. Failure to continue to build the marriage will probably lead to a break down of the family.

I feel that you wouldn't know what you've been missing on until you get it. If you don't have children now, it may be easy to say, "my husband and I have decided not to have children and we're fine with it." One day *if* you decide to have children, you may realize that "hey, maybe this is what has been missing all along!"

there are marriages that last long without children too. If one party wants to have children and the other doesn't want to, then someone has to give in eventually.

Mandy, having a child takes sacrifice and life-long commitment, so I think it's normal for you to feel the jitters about having a child. :)

etep9114

Personally, if the couple are not willing to be responsible for bringing up and discipline the kids... It's best not to have kids. It might be nice to have kids but having cute kids that have large issues to everyone else in the society... Please be considerate.

If couple is willing to do their part as parents, it's okay to have kids but within their means. In recent generation, no parents can expect their kids to take care of them when they age as the kids are going through more hell than we were young. So parents do need to save up for themselves and not all money on kids. Parents can only try their best to make sure the kids grow up able to survive on their own.

Eliza

Marriage = husband + wife
Family = husband + wife + kids

I agree with Chrystal on the above. My husband and I were married for seven years (we married young) before we have our son. Now that our son is three, we're still not ready for a second one though we know we want two children. So, that depends on when and if you'd like to have one. If you are happily married and there's no need to, fine. If you have one and think that's enough, also fine. If you want a half soccer team, it's entirely up to you. Just make sure you have enough time for each of them.
My son has a classmate who has four siblings coming to half dozen now.. and they EACH are taken care of by four different maid (they are super rich, both parents are doctors). So, is that a family to you???

gobby23

In my opinion, it's not a must. It really depends on the couple.. Doesn't mean a marriage is unsuccessful even if there's no kids.

edy

Administrator
Staff member
as a male, marriage without kids is a waste of my time (that is my own opinion).

There is no reason for me to share 50% of my hard earned money if the woman i chose to marry does not want to bore my kids.