Do you think going for childbirth education course is good ?

kaitokane

My hus think going for childbirth education course is a waste of money and time. i wonder, any one of you never go before, have you regretted ? i don't know should i go anot, wanted to go becos able to learn more as im a first-time mother. but after hus think it's a waste of money, i do agree also. sigh ..

URMM. guess i need some advices from you mummies! thanks you thanks you! :001_302:

aIDa81

I din go but I read a lot and ask ppl to share.. if handling a baby.. ur mom or confinement lady will teach you. if in hospital like TMC they will provide some lessons like breastfeeding etc for free, while you stay there...

kaitokane

oh! thanks you for your reply babe! :D guess i got to drop the idea of going ler. i can use the 200 plus on baby stuffs instead. lols!

aIDa81

No probs babe.. just watch online @youtube..etc..
sometimes we hear or watch stories its just not the same till we experience them.. its useful to read, watch etc
yah btr save for baby expenses.. and this is also what I learnt, not to get all stuffs brandnew coz they grow super fast.

Ting

i dont think it's neccessary too. your mum/mil will guide u along the way, for me, i did alot of reading up online/magazines/library on parenting so it helps alot too. but of cos, if you hv the extra moolahs to do so, it would be fine to sign up and attend with your hubs.

eowyn

I think that its good to attend if there is spare cash and time. I went for my first session last night, and its abt nutrition. The nutritionist cleared up my doubts on whether DOM should be taken during confinement. My MIL strongly advocate, my mom opposes to the idea coz i am intending to breastfeed. The nutritionist said that its better not to drink DOM, or at least drink after i breastfeed.

apollo

to me, i feel tt this is like an 'enrichment' class. can do with or w/o it. UNLESS there is no one to help and teach u during ur confinement period then i think such courses is good. BF-ing u can always learn it during ur stay in hospital, aft tt u can come online to research and ask ard, but i suggest u to start researching for more info b4 giving birth. as for bathing, burping, ur mum/mil can teach u. and during the stay, nurses will teach u hw to burp bb too.

I didnt take up any courses but my CL and mum taught me everything during my confinement. and many things i asked pd, nurses and mummies in the forum, and also read up during my preg.

save the money and buy more cute lil clothes for ur bb =)

ping26

I signed up for half the lessons; I couldn't complete the course cos I was almost due then. Mt A charged me 50% of course fees.

I attended lessons up to childbirth only. I would say it's helpful if your hub is like mine!!! He was a little less disoriented/clumsy/hands-off during labour. He knew a bit of what to expect & what's expected of him. Men don't discuss labour in details like we do :)

Personally, I wouldn't know where to look in youtube. And hub will not be paying full attn.
I liked the course cos hub learnt to do massage. Got free masseur.

After delivery, the CL, nurses & loads of friends & relatives will give you advice. As a 1st time mummy, I was blur-blur.

Last edited:

ellyeun

i would say it's helpful for first time mom!! very informative, u know how old wives tales come about... which one to follow and which one to ignore...