Does anyone has telltale signs of a boy but actually expecting a girl?

vane_etoile

Hi,

Has anyone experience this before? All the old folks hav been telling me I'm expecting a boy cuz my belly shape is "sharp" and belly button is protruded.

How true are these myths? I'm actually 34th week now and this is my first. I don't mind having a boy or girl, just that I heard before scannings might not be 100% accurate. I practically bought everything in pink! Maybe I should ask the gynae to scan again the next visit..

Does anyone come across this before? :tlaugh:

dodos

Everyone say my is boy cos tummy is sharp. But im having a girl. I even ask the tech to reconfirm in my 33wks scan. She say confirm it's a girl and show me the part.

apollo

for me, i'll choose to believe what's in the scan (esp the detailed scan) then those myth..

ya scan might not be 100% accurate but it's much more accurate than myth..

So, trust ur gynae, trust ur scan!!! =D

Ah Cheng

Hi. Not all the old wife's tales are correct. 90% said my baby is girl even though I have already scan and confirm is boy.

Haha. Funny thing is when baby is born, I asked my hubby "confirm with boy hor??"

Well, my baby's head has been facing downwards all the time (no need to turn at all), so my tummy shape is quite different from others. Look long rather than big or round.

yyt47

Hi,

Has anyone experience this before? All the old folks hav been telling me I'm expecting a boy cuz my belly shape is "sharp" and belly button is protruded.

How true are these myths? I'm actually 34th week now and this is my first. I don't mind having a boy or girl, just that I heard before scannings might not be 100% accurate. I practically bought everything in pink! Maybe I should ask the gynae to scan again the next visit..

Does anyone come across this before? :tlaugh:

Hi.. i was in the same situation when I had my girl...tummy was very sharp too...my colleagues & friends all said boy and did not believe me when i cfm was girl...My scan cfmed was a girl....Of cos the scan was correct...so not all myths are true... i think impt thing for me is the baby is healthy & safe when born.....

Enjoy your race to birth!!

ochklk

Hi all, I've a logic from my neighbour's relative who is a gynae, to noe if it is a boy or gal is your first ultrasound scan, if your sac is the long type, the bb will be a boy, if the sac is round, the bb is a gal.

Before my gynae told me my bb is a boy, my neighbour already told me is a boy from my first scan picture. Can anyone tell me is this logic true, pls take a look at yr first ultrasound scan and let me noe.

apollo

Hi all, I've a logic from my neighbour's relative who is a gynae, to noe if it is a boy or gal is your first ultrasound scan, if your sac is the long type, the bb will be a boy, if the sac is round, the bb is a gal.

Before my gynae told me my bb is a boy, my neighbour already told me is a boy from my first scan picture. Can anyone tell me is this logic true, pls take a look at yr first ultrasound scan and let me noe.
I dunno whether what u heard is true but it seems quite true on me. cause my sac is long like cucumber shape and on the 3mth gynae said most likely is boy and detailed scan also show that I'm carrying a boy.

Queenbabe

Hahaha , sharp or round ? If sharp is girl then round is boy how ..
I always feel that my tummy is round even im pregnant wif boy tat time ..

Catty

I've heard from a auntie that if is a gal your tummy will be low and if its a boy your tummy will be very high, not sure true a not cos i did ever saw some mummy tummy very big and super low as if like the baby going drop soon wor !!! :tlaugh:

BudgetMum

so far the sharp or round thingy is >80% accurate... ...at least for me n my peers those of us have boy have sharp/pointer tummy!

The high or low tummy is not accurate lah, all my preganacies r low lying... ...

I must go home to see my 1st scan if its long or round!!