Does being a mom make you generally more of an anxious person?

imjane

Like constant fear of something bad will happen, anxiety, paranoid etc? Have you experienced this kind of feelings? :)

diza

Nope.. I don't have such feelings coz I don't want to be an overly protective mother. When my son fell off the bed, I didn't even bring him to the doc. I just monitored him.

pixie

Being a mum makes me to build up my patience. I was never a paranoid person before pregnancy and this has not changed even after being a mum. Kids will trip and fall down, bang on stuff and this is just part and parcel of life. So long my girl does not vomit after a fall or runs a high fever after an injection or has a deep/big cut which does not stop bleeding, I will not rush her to the hospital.

My girl has been taken care by the maid since she was 6 months old.

Yes, keep an eye on your child and being observant is more important at their growing stage and as a mum, trust your gut-feeling if your child needs special attention (e.g. sick and need to be accessed by the doc etc).

imjane

yeah guys you're right..its part of being a mom...but sometime do you also consider this as one of your stress??

dianay

Hi imjane, I also have this feeling...i feel very anxious, paranoid after being a mum....because of this i feel stressful. I understand how u feel. For example, u dun feel secure leaving ur baby with someone else....u feel that someone else cannot be trusted right? when they fall or for no reason cry badly, u will think they not comfortable and whats wrong with them and u will feel worry and sad...But u know, in the end, the baby is ok...
My husband always say i worry too much and ask me to let go of things...No body is giving me stress but myself...so i will try to let go and so do u :)
Lets jia you!