Does contraction pains feels the same as diarrhoea pains?

nattynat

I think I just lost my mucus plug!!!

went to toilet just now, and after i wiped, found this thick whitish, yellowish long discharge... went to google a bit, and found out that it could be my cervical mucus... but my doc said, mucus discharge might be tinged with blood... >.<"

haha.. bored at home now, so just updating mummies here :shyxxx:

i am always worrying if i've lost mine also. Cuz these few days my discharge seems to come out thicker and more than usual. But then again it might be other things. haha :shyxxx:

i heard that if it doesn't smell like the usual discharge then it probably is the mucus plug

piggie

Baby nvr gain weight for past 1 week.

I am gg in for induction tmr nite likely, tmr am gg for my last gynae chk...

piggie

Lol.. Actually feeling damn scared nw.. Hubby went hme to rest liao, will only b back tmr.. So its me n me alone. Haha :)

XenXuan

How you knw that your water bag level is at 4? Izzit you asked ur gynae and he told u the level? My gynae, Dr Tho, always use very layman terms when he telling me abt the progress of e baby, Eg, baby head is down( but i wanna knw if she's engAged??) water bag fluid is enuf ( how much exactly?? At wat level?)

Haiz.. Sometimes really makes me very fustrated... :(

At least ur gynae explains to u in detail..
Haha usually they won't explain in details when ur baby everything's ok. I was doing my last scan check before induced labor n they scanned for the fluid level as usual in every scan. The doc read the scan report n told me tats 1 of the main concerns in pregnancy, above 6 is ok normal,if it's 4-6 lvl it might be the placenta is getting old or other unknown reasons n can't give proper support to baby,might caused still birth or other risks,need to deliver the baby ASAP to reduce any risks.but good thing her heartbeat n health everything is strong,I can still go for natural birth with induction. If not will have to direct go c-sec. My family were joking said tat she drank the water inside haha. I rather they dun tell me too much details,tat means my baby is healthy n good,haha.

pmcheng

now im just on 31 weeks, not sure is it my imagination or what, i felt the braxton hicks more often le. ytd i never record so i only start to record when im in office. b4 12pm was like every 1 hr once. then hit 12pm, im having 8 times to now, 1.28pm... during those 8 times, all not pain wan only 1 i felt at 6am, that wan was painful. is it normal??

and tummy suddenly harden is consider braxton hicks?
I asked my gynae a similar question becos I've been feeling more tummyaches (like diarrhoea kind) lately. She said it's probably Braxton Hicks if there is no pattern to the pain (e.g. it's not coming like every hr, then every 30 mins, every 20 mins etc) and if the pain is not increasing in intensity.

While now I know what I'm feeling is probably Braxton Hicks, I also find myself going to the loo and clearing my bowels more often. I'm not sure if it's a biological thing to clear bowels often since the baby is taking up more space in the tummy, or is it just my brain telling myself this is a stomache and I need to go toilet. Haha!

Going into the last trimester makes me feel like I have no control over my body becos it just keeps changing in preparation for the big Delivery Day! :p

pixie

pmcheng, your description of going to the loo and clearing bowels is exactly how it was when contractions kicks in for me.
As a first time mum, of course, I didn't know that's contractions and I was lying on the sofa watching tv programme that night when the first movement started quite late...around 11:30pm and by midnight, I need to poo and the interval went from 30 mins to 10 mins. I went to the toilet so many times that i was so tired and legs were a bit wombly; hence decided to just sit on the toilet bowl and wait for the next contraction.

6 hours later, when the interval of contractions were down to 7 mins, I woke up my husband who were sleeping after a few glasses of wine and told him to send me to the hospital.

Until now, I don't really know the feeling of Braxton Hicks and I wondered if I ever had experienced it.

hibernate

I asked my gynae a similar question becos I've been feeling more tummyaches (like diarrhoea kind) lately. She said it's probably Braxton Hicks if there is no pattern to the pain (e.g. it's not coming like every hr, then every 30 mins, every 20 mins etc) and if the pain is not increasing in intensity.

While now I know what I'm feeling is probably Braxton Hicks, I also find myself going to the loo and clearing my bowels more often. I'm not sure if it's a biological thing to clear bowels often since the baby is taking up more space in the tummy, or is it just my brain telling myself this is a stomache and I need to go toilet. Haha!

Going into the last trimester makes me feel like I have no control over my body becos it just keeps changing in preparation for the big Delivery Day! :p
i get the urgent tummy ache feeling more lately too! i find it odd because i'd have cleared my bowel already and i still get that feeling

hibernate

pmcheng, your description of going to the loo and clearing bowels is exactly how it was when contractions kicks in for me.
As a first time mum, of course, I didn't know that's contractions and I was lying on the sofa watching tv programme that night when the first movement started quite late...around 11:30pm and by midnight, I need to poo and the interval went from 30 mins to 10 mins. I went to the toilet so many times that i was so tired and legs were a bit wombly; hence decided to just sit on the toilet bowl and wait for the next contraction.

6 hours later, when the interval of contractions were down to 7 mins, I woke up my husband who were sleeping after a few glasses of wine and told him to send me to the hospital.

Until now, I don't really know the feeling of Braxton Hicks and I wondered if I ever had experienced it.
when you went to the toilet so often were there any poo? o.o

pmcheng

Wow.. Thanks for the advice mummies! Think I'll have to watch the frequency of these toilet visits more often and not dismiss them :001_302:

hibernate

Wow.. Thanks for the advice mummies! Think I'll have to watch the frequency of these toilet visits more often and not dismiss them :001_302:
yes, i'll have to watch it too .. i've been going to poo like 2 times a day now then got stomachache feeling in between ..