does drink too much coffee effect the chance of conceive

shiori chong

Dear mummies, i been tryin for a baby now up till now still no news today use the tester also turn out negative my mens haven come yet. hmm wonder i everyday drink coffee will have any side effect anot cos im a coffee addicted . Sometimes can drink up to 4 cups a day . And im gainin weight i think is due to irreg mens.. does anyone is also similar case as mine ??
Let chat about this.

Carlisle

Dear mummies, i been tryin for a baby now up till now still no news today use the tester also turn out negative my mens haven come yet. hmm wonder i everyday drink coffee will have any side effect anot cos im a coffee addicted . Sometimes can drink up to 4 cups a day . And im gainin weight i think is due to irreg mens.. does anyone is also similar case as mine ??
Let chat about this.

I think it will not affect you, unless you have any sort of condition that can be exacerbated by caffeine.

Let chat about this.
It is recommended that you cut down on caffeine when you're TTC.

Humpty

Yup. I read that too much caffeine could lead to early miscarriage. Best to stick to not more than a cup or two a day.

reiann

Dear mummies, i been tryin for a baby now up till now still no news today use the tester also turn out negative my mens have not come yet. hmm wonder i everyday drink coffee will have any side effect anot cos im a coffee addicted . Sometimes can drink up to 4 cups a day . And im gainin weight i think is due to irreg mens.. does anyone is also similar case as mine ??
Let chat about this.
no, please don't drink coffee, or tea, or consume anything with caffeine. while there are many conflicting reports on caffeine and pregnancy, it's generally agreed that too much caffeine will definitely affect your chances of conceiving, and also affect your pregnancy (if you are already pregnant).

I've even read that caffeine will 'relax' your fallopian tubes muscles so much, that the egg (even if fertilised) doesn't get transported to the uterus, resulting in an ectopic pregnancy (me!).

so there. I'm going cold turkey on the caffeine front. and I love, love, LOVE, my coffee, but I'll do anything to have conceive, have a successful pregnancy and a healthy baby, then I'll drink all the lattes I want in the world..

good luck!