Does drinking coconut water before delivery reduce baby getting jaundice?

diymummy

Agree with meiteoh mummy.

My baby was born at 36 weeks - lots of white stuff on him

My blood type and hubby's blood type are not O+ - baby was jaundiced for a month

My baby didn't have any special treatment either in the hospital. Jaundice will disappear on its own once his liver is mature enough. The only inconvenience is having to bring him back to the PD every week to check the bilirubin level to make sure it is not dangerous.

I didn't drink any coconut water - my baby has lots of phlegm.

jean1986

i drink like sugar cane whenever i go to hawker centre so prob abt once a week.
everything in moderation.
my MIL said that eating potato chips will cause bb to have jaundice. :wong29:

Ivy Miao

i drink like sugar cane whenever i go to hawker centre so prob about once a week.
everything in moderation.
my mother in law said that eating potato chips will cause baby to have jaundice. :wong29:
Eating potato chips will have Jaundice?? I bought a packet of potato chip last night.. Just for my cravings.. Lolx!! Looks like I have to store it aside...??

diymummy

This is the first time I hear potato chips causes jaundice...

Having things once in a while is fine. Since potato chips are loaded with MSG which is not good for health in general.

Ivy Miao

This is the first time I hear potato chips causes jaundice...

Having things once in a while is fine. Since potato chips are loaded with MSG which is not good for health in general.

Haha.. Craving.. DH try to hide my potato chip.. Manage to dig out.. Once in a while should be fine... Maybe a few pieces.. Just for cravings.. :001_302:

diymummy

Haha... Ivy mummy, when I was preg I also had craving for potato chips... My hubby snatch my potato chips away from me once and I cried... LOL!! Super emo...

Yeah.. Just eat in moderation. :) You can try baked potatoes instead of potato chips or mash some potatoes for kicks ;) Healthier choices.

Ivy Miao

Haha... Ivy mummy, when I was preg I also had craving for potato chips... My hubby snatch my potato chips away from me once and I cried... LOL!! Super emo...

Yeah.. Just eat in moderation. :) You can try baked potatoes instead of potato chips or mash some potatoes for kicks ;) Healthier choices.

hahaha!! Sorry, diymummy.... cant help but to laugh.. U really cried because he snatched your potato chips away from you?? Hahahaha!!! He must have returned you your chips after that, I guess... :tlaugh:

CanCanMum

actually i also cried silently lying on my pillow~~ coz i wanted to eat Muah Chee at 12midnite once and hubbie scolded me SiAOOarhh lOlzzzzzzzzzzzzz (preggie tat time too)

Ivy Miao

actually i also cried silently lying on my pillow~~ coz i wanted to eat Muah Chee at 12midnite once and hubbie scolded me SiAOOarhh lOlzzzzzzzzzzzzz (preggie that time too)
hahaha!! Mummies here all so cute! My hub let me eat whatever I want to eat. Those unheallthy ones, he will only hide. But when I found it, he wont snatched it from me.. Just say, eat little bit will do. End up I have em finished all up! :tlaugh: All I cried under pillows or infront of him is when I neeeeed warmth hugs and love from him.. Or when I felt being treated unfairly (Big tummy still got to mop floor, wash toilet) I will tears and do housechores at e same time.. lolx!

jean1986

i eat nasi lemak like every other day.. *craving* and drink bandung and iced tea alot. that day check up, got slight high sugar. must cut down.

potato chips won't cause jaundice la. just cannot stand old people's thinking. don't allow me to eat chendol say got coconut, but i can eat those malay kuehs that contain coconut anyway what.

CanCanMum

hahaha!! Mummies here all so cute! My hub let me eat whatever I want to eat. Those unheallthy ones, he will only hide. But when I found it, he wont snatched it from me.. Just say, eat little bit will do. End up I have em finished all up! :tlaugh: All I cried under pillows or infront of him is when I neeeeed warmth hugs and love from him.. Or when I felt being treated unfairly (Big tummy still got to mop floor, wash toilet) I will tears and do housechores at e same time.. lolx!
women r EMO lovely creatures~~~:wong19:

diymummy

waoOOhahahhahaha *laughs at DIY babe*:p
LOL...diymummy, you reminded me of all those times I cried coz I couldn't eat nasi lemak! :p
hahaha!! Sorry, diymummy.... cant help but to laugh.. you really cried because he snatched your potato chips away from you?? Hahahaha!!! He must have returned you your chips after that, I guess... :tlaugh:
LOL!!!! Yaa... Really cried. He got a shock and let me eat a bit :p

I think staying off for 9 mths for something you like can be really torturous. :p

diymummy

i eat nasi lemak like every other day.. *craving* and drink bandung and iced tea alot. that day check up, got slight high sugar. must cut down.

potato chips won't cause jaundice . just cannot stand old people's thinking. dont't allow me to eat chendol say got coconut, but i can eat those malay kuehs that contain coconut anyway what.
It's like my mum don't let me eat chicken during confinement... But she say drink chicken essence during confinement is ok... Then I :err:.... What's the diff???? So I ate chicken anyway.

jean1986

It's like my mum dont't let me eat chicken during confinement... But she say drink chicken essence during confinement is ok... Then I :err:.... What's the diff???? So I ate chicken anyway.
they say chicken got what poison la. only after a certain no. of days then can eat. i think those angmohs also don't have such problems and they still look fine to me.

iwan2noe

I cant comment whether this is true coz i only drank 1 cocunut jucie a few days b4 my bb is born.. Then indeed she developed jaundice 3 days after she discharged with me =(

Zillah Rahman

i am o+, but my baby has no jaundice at all throughout. i did drink coconut juice every week at last trimester without knowing of all these beliefs. my baby did come out without any of those vernix or blood.. having witness quite a few deliveries, i was expecting a rather messy scene..

itz true dat pathological jaundice is normal coz liver not mature yet to rid of de dead bld cells, but i guess it doesnt harm to follow some of these old wives practices. coconut juice is nice and doesnt harm de baby anyway...

sufeit0115

When i give birth one of the senior nurse told me that if the mother blood group is O+ then the chance of baby having jaundice is rather high cos of some cell that is in this group. Nothing to do with coconut water
My baby had quite serious jaundice and was hospitalised 3 days for phototheraphy. Pediatrician took my blood to check the level of antibodies cos i am O+ while baby is B+, she said the antibodies present in the mother may attack the baby’s own red blood cells, causing the baby to be jaundiced. It took 3 weeks for my baby to be jaundice-free.

Btw, i took coconut water from week 32 until week 37. I think baby's immature liver has more to do with jaundice and family history too.