does pregnant cause headaches?

hakisumi

i have slight headaches thru out for 1st tri.. 2nd tri on & off, i usually diverse my attention to eating like snacks.. i didnt take panadol..

jasobias

hi, this few days my wife keep having headaches in the evening is this normal? please advised
For me i used to get horrible headaches throughout pregnancy.Its normal as caused by hormonal changes.Used to have to take paracetamol but sometimes even tht didnt help!:err:

karoru

i am having frequent very painful headaches since my last discharge from kkh last fri... nurses had checked that i did not have high blood pressure and prescribe pandondals for me.... you may want to check with your wife's gyane and also monitor on her blood pressure...

iwan2noe

Yes, for me. Sometimes headache monster just strike me any time of the day =( and sometimes it just get unbearable..

To alleviate , I usually drink more water (warm) and try to not think of unnecessary things.. On some soft music and relax one corner. If possible, I will just lie in the bed for a while and usually it will go off sometime later... :)

Lynnie

I used to get tension headache when i was pregnant, maybe coz stressed at work. On mc almost every month, doc gave me paracetamol which is safe for pregnancy. I took it only when i really cannot take it, coz the headache affects my sleep as well... Thank god after delivery i no longer have those kind of headache!

apollo

i got super BAD headache during the 1st 6mths... it can be v painful till i feel lik knocking the wall... sometimes really got no choice have to take panadol to ease the pain... sometimes even aft taking panadol also cannot totally ease the pain... but when i enter 3rd tri, the headache got better though still feel headache v frequent but at least dont nd panadol almost everyday... =)

sugarcookie

I had the WORST headaches during my pregnancy. I've always been prone to migraines but they got really bad when I was pregnant. I used to get them for days at a stretch. Blame it on hormones.

Things will get better after you deliver though.

Porukadotzu

yes its normal to have headaches during the 1st tri and 2nd tri on pregnancy.
i ever read its lack of protein in ur diet.....i used to drink bird nest (eu yan sang, bottled one) when i got to start having headaches or if bird nest really can't get it out (headache for more than 1 day) then i would take panadol :001_302: ..

i ask my gynae first before taking panadol and according to him it's safe.

but i try not to take panadol more than 1 pills thou..if still got the headache then no choice, sleeepppp...zzz:tlaugh:

ping26

I don't usu get headaches before preggie.

I had headaches during preggie. I had this MASSIVE headache after delivery. Some say it's rare side-effect of epidural. Gynae had to prescribe Valium & panadol cos blood pressure shot up to 170

I still get headaches after delivery! lucky, they're much milder.

i had headaches in my 3rd tri. then i found out that my blood pressure was way too high and was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia. i underwent emergency c-sect.

iwan2noe

i had headaches in my 3rd tri. then i found out that my blood pressure was way too high and was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia. i underwent emergency c-sect.
Hi hi, luckily everything is ok after u gone thru emergency c-sect.

For mummies/mtbs who wanna avoid high blood pressure:

To avoid/prevent high blood pressure, try reducing salt intake, take less snack that is laden with msg and alot of salt.. Drink enough plain water and do regular exercises.... some strolling in the evening after dinner helps even if it is not a vigorous exercise as ur heart is pumping and ur body is moving...
Take less fattening and high cholestrol-laden food... a small effort everyday goes a long way :)