Does ur child's Presch/CC charr u tickets to their Annual Presch Concert?

Just received a letter that my dd's presch annual concert will be held in 2 months. Venue is at one of the Salvation Army centres. Next sentence made my eyes bulge. Cost of tickets per parent $38, siblings/other child $25. Some esplanade concerts/performances I attended aren't even from that price range. Is this normal? Do u have to pay to watch ur child's year end performance? If yes how much usually?

I seriously would have no issue if tickets are $10-$15. But $38?! If both hubby and I attend, it'll be $76. Plus my younger dotter that would amt to $101.

I'm a stay home mother and like majority of other stay home mothers, we scrimp ad save whenever we can. I am willing to splurge on my kids but I feel In this particular case, the money spent won't be 'for' my child. Or will it? Enlighten me pls anyone. It's my dd's first year of preschool so I'm not sure what to expect.

Thanks.

cel.lea

i remember paying for my son K2 graduation ceremony & that was conducted by PAP sch. it was 10yrs ago so i cant remember the price. Then he graduated from primary sch & there was more fee to pay as he went in a christian sch eg fund raisings (few times a yr). they have a prom nite when he graduated at pri 6, we didnt attend as we went away for long holiday. cant recall if there's a fee.

im not surprise if the sch charge you $38 for 1 parent. usually it says $38 for 1 adult, $60 for both. i've heard it from others about charging high tix price. my thoughts? well, either your hubby or you go, to save cost. someone need to go. or both of you go & leave the kids with your mum or in-laws. too costly to have whole family but very sad if none of you attend.

i will also feedback to sch asking them to give a special price for families with kids to attend.

Last edited: