Does your baby still wakes up in the middle of the nite?

shiyi

My girl just turned 13 mths old. but recently shes got the habit of waking up at 3am.
Her last feed is usually at 10pm and she will sleeps after that.
Tried increasing her her intake but she still wakes up at wee hours.

PinkDiamonds

If ur baby/toddler still wakes up in the middle of the night, and almost the same time every night then most likely it's out of habit, not out of need for feed.

If you want her to sleep through then you need to some training.

Amulet

:eek: wakes up for?
Wake up to shove her backside into my face and ask me to pat her back to sleep.. Sometimes I'm a heavy sleeper, didn't wait up, so she falls back asleep after sometimes.. Sometimes she manage to wake me up..

izanyzam

Heehee Amulet..Dats kind of cute but sometimes can be sooo tiring esp after a LOOONGGG day at work..My son is 15mths old and he wakes up at least 2 every night..For milk feed and plain water..Depending on how early he goes to sleep,he will either go back to sleep or he WONT..!!!

Im also trying to find a way to stop him from waking up at night..Though i doubt i'll ever find a way coz he's quite a light sleeper..And in a few months time,with the arrival of his baby brother,the sound of his brother crying will definitely wake him up..Then i dont know when me and hubby can find the time to ever sleep...!!! :wong16:

shiyi

i think cos she wants to slp on our bed. realise she wont wake up when she slps on our bed :(

rainbow123

i think cos she wants to sleep on our bed. realise she wont wake up when she slps on our bed :(
I think your bb want your presence rather than the bed itself .
Cause mine is 13 months too and wake up at 4am recently.
But she sleep alone on two single mattress on the floor next room .She will wake up and crawl over to our room . Then i have to carry her back to her room , pretend to sleep on her mattress. She will curl up beside me and fall asleep.
Then i will put a decoy there and sneak back to my bedroom again....
You can try this ..

I hope she will get used to it and eventually realise no point waking up in the middle of the night as i will not be there but a decoy . :001_302:

ping26

mine was abt 21 mth when the nite wakies finally became abt 2-3x per wk. Now she's 22mth, I think she doesn't always cry for milk when she wakes up.

I chose the easier way cos I hv to work. I can't carry her until she gives up or let her cry it out. I gave her diluted milk (same amt of water but 50% less pwd) for abt 1 wk to wean her off night feeds.

Yes, she wants to sleep on our bed too. I tell her 'no space for her to turn and turn. very dangerous. you'll roll off the bed' cos she does gymnastics in her sleep :) I lend her my pillow for my smell. haha

Last edited:

summerp

My boy is 17 months and he is still waking up at night. To drink milk and sometimes just toss n turn n wake up... Sigh..... He likes to sleep on our bed too.

Mummy to Baby V

Hee... The shoving butts into face sounds cute. Since she can fall back to sleep sometimes, pretend to ignore her then ask her to "shh!" and "sleep". If she insists, then help her. This way, she'll slowly learn to help herself more.

My boy was very fussy too, so we co-sleep on mattress on the floor at 4 months old. After that, added single mattress for him to sleep beside our mattress. He gave up night breastfeeds only at 18 months old. Usually he sleeps through till morning with me nearby. Finally!

shopaholic

No. He's been sleeping through since he was about 6 mths old and he sleeps by himself in the playpen in another room. He only wakes at night when he's not well and I can understand that as he might hv a blocked nose or bad cough. Occasionally, it may be due to nightmare and he's looking for some comfort.