Does your child prefer the daytime caregiver over you?

jasminesmt

Working mummies,

Like to know if it is common and usual for the child to prefer the daytime caregiver (grandparents, maid or nanny) when you are away at work most of the week? If yes, how do you cope with it and change this preference?

MarieYeo

Hi,

My bb turning 4mths n I'm returning to work, hav been sending her to e nanny's since she was 3mths.

Hubby n myself told ourselves that we had to let go as we had no other source of help as our parents r still working n I was keen on returning to work. Initial weeks was hard for me as I cldnt bear to leave e nanny's place every morning n kept on counting down to evening time when i cld pick bb.Now Ive gotten used to it, haha sometimes more engrossed in other stuff n almost late! On a positive note, nanny is very experienced n we are very comfortable wif her. We hav accepted that bb will be close to the nanny n hopefully bb becomes more independent lol when she grows older, keke

imjane

based on my experience its really hard for a couple of weeks but i get used of it.. ;) and I really have to work hard for my baby :) Im a single mom and my parents are far from us and they are working too..so I have no choice but to give all my trust on her nanny :) I am pretty sure that my nanny is well experienced :)

alleria06

I'm returning to work next month and I have the same worry too. I plan to accompany my baby during night time and put him sleep. Max out whatever time I have at home to be with him so he does not forget his mummy.