Does your infant fall sick frequently?

sallymum

:shyxxx:My 2nd child (approaching his 4th month) has been falling sick frequently. Seems like we have to bring him to see doctor every fortnightly or even 1 per week...

Not sure if it's because he caught the virus from my son who is in Childcare.

Really very vexing... How to improve his immunity???

sharonyi66

Do u breast feed him for long? Coz I strongly believe tat breastfed babies immunity is very much stronger den non breast feed babies.

I breastfed my 1st daughter for bearlya month and she too fall sick quite frequently during her infant year until she's 2 yrs old den I start giving her vitamins like Colostrum, Vit C.

While I breastfed my 2nd daughter for 7 mths (she's 8mths old now)
she only fall sick once and is just mild runny nose and cough which recover within 3 days. Even now if my elder girl is sick, my baby so far is strong enuff tat she nv get e virus from her sister.

Yr baby is only 4mths so u can't give him anything to boost his immune until his ard 1year + or 2yrs old. If u suspect yr baby got it from yr elder child den u shld try to seperate them away shld either of them get sick. Let them slp on different room, etc.

Last edited:

sallymum

Thanks for your advice.

Currently i'm only expressing BM once a day.

am trying hard to isolate the kids when the elder one fall sick. but sometimes pretty tough as the elder one cling to me.

xue

I have the same problem as you.. My elder child has been falling sick very frequently ever since he started childcare this year.. i have been spending almost $2000 within 2mths on his medical bill!! And now he has spread to my 2mths+ daughter.. She is on total bfing but still, she had caught his virus... :embarrassed:

My son was only bf for 3weeks but he seldom fall ill when he was an infant..

Ashbaby

I would guess that baby probably got the virus from the elder child, try to isolate both of them. If not ask the sick child to wear a mask. Sometimes when I caught a flu, I will wear a mask even if its at home.

hpc

Xue since ur baby n older ones are so weak,try chinese massage.It helps them to build up their resistent,I,m a baby-sitter In Pasir Ris , all the babies I take care seldom fall sick as I advise the mummies to send them for massage n it really works.It save them alot of medical fees,that I can asure u mummies.

xue

Xue since your baby n older ones are so weak,try chinese massage.It helps them to build up their resistent,I,m a baby-sitter In Pasir Ris , all the babies I take care seldom fall sick as I advise the mummies to send them for massage n it really works.It save them alot of medical fees,that I can asure you mummies.
chinese massage?? where can i find it? and is it costly?

sallymum

I would guess that baby probably got the virus from the elder child, try to isolate both of them. If not ask the sick child to wear a mask. Sometimes when I caught a flu, I will wear a mask even if its at home.
how do you succeed in making the child to wear mask? my elder son will take it off when i try to put on him... he simply doesn't like anything on his face or head.

sallymum

I have the same problem as you.. My elder child has been falling sick very frequently ever since he started childcare this year.. i have been spending almost $2000 within 2mths on his medical bill!! And now he has spread to my 2mths+ daughter.. She is on total bfing but still, she had caught his virus... :embarrassed:

My son was only bf for 3weeks but he seldom fall ill when he was an infant..
we are really in the same boat. My elder son also just started PG in Mar tis year. he's falling sick every fortnightly. now his cough & running nose still hasn't recover. sighz.....

xue

we are really in the same boat. My elder son also just started PG in Mar tis year. he's falling sick every fortnightly. now his cough & running nose still hasn't recover. sighz.....
same here... lucky im on ML now..i cant imagine when im back at work and i keep needing to take urgent leave..
And my parents in law keep saying y my kids keep falling sick..(as if i never take care properly).. sighz..

sallymum

same here... lucky im on ML now..i cant imagine when im back at work and i keep needing to take urgent leave..
And my parents in law keep saying y my kids keep falling sick..(as if i never take care properly).. sighz..
i just return to wrk tis week... hopefully my bb's imunity will improve & nt fall sick so easily....

ur in-laws will be helping u to look after ur bb?

hpc

Xue the chinese massage I go is at Changi Rd,near Kembangan MRT.Massage alone is less than $20.YU GUO CHILD MASSAGE.

Reactions: xue

xue

i just return to wrk tis week... hopefully my baby's imunity will improve & not fall sick so easily....

your in-laws will be helping you to look after your baby?
Nope.. I have a domestic helper at home...
I find it hard to isolate my elder son frm my daughter.. He will alwYs want to be near his mei mei.. How u isolate your two kids?

xue

i just return to wrk tis week... hopefully my baby's imunity will improve & not fall sick so easily....

your in-laws will be helping you to look after your baby?
I find it hard to isolate my elder son frm my daughter.. He will alwYs want to be near his mei mei.. How you isolate your two kids?

sallymum

I find it hard to isolate my elder son frm my daughter.. He will alwYs want to be near his mei mei.. How you isolate your two kids?
same here.. my problem is my elder son likes to cling to me. he will sneeze/cough right in front of me. i try to isolate both brothers. but still my bb still caught the virus... guess the virus from my elder one is on my shirt n when i carry the bb, it spread to him... :shyxxx:

apollo

ds used to fall ill very frequently during 2mth+ to 5mth old. same as urs, nd to see doc every 1-2 weeks. sometimes even thrice a week cos the boughing got worsen. but now he somehow 'outgrow' this stage alrdy. he recently just recovered from cough. last time when he was down with cough CONFIRM + CHOP will kanna bronchitic and need nebuliser to stable down his cough. but the recent one, he just took now cough syrup for a few days.

dun wry. i believe every kids will hav a 'falling ill stage' for a few mths. aft tt stage, they will be more healthy =)

lekdao

hey,

It could be the baby did not get enuff rest, the resistance become low and easily got virus from anyone or anywhere. This is what happened to my kid too due to not enuff rest. After giving enuff rest, now she is okie.

Recently, the weather is very bad. Let the baby drink more water. If they are less then 6 mths old, mummy pls watch on their diet.

vinder79

I have the same problem first elder one gets sick then passes it in to yhe younger one and elder one cough and pleghm is so bad had to use neuberliser and the blue asthma preventive pump just to let him breathe.
Do u think the H1N1 and seasonal flu jabs will help???

diymummy

My son falls sick frequently too. He's in infant care. I see the pd every fortnight or every mth.

I tried multi-vit, fish oil but he still falls ill. When I started colostrum, he started to fall ill less. I'm not sure if it's coincidence, but he hasn't fallen ill for 2 mths.