Doing the right way?

RRoses

Ive been breastfeeding for about 2 months and am worried that i am doing it the wrong way.. It is always comfortable for the both of us when i latch my boy on my right breast. But when i latch him on on the left side, he starts rejecting and crying and gets really frustrated. I noticed that my left nipple looks different from my right one. slightly bigger and it always feels sore when my boy is drinking from it. I am not sure what went wrong. could it be the positioning of my arm that makes him uncomfortable?

uddermummy

bbs have preferences.

it may be the way you carry, or maybe the nipple there is shorter?

my bb used to prefer my right breast cos the flow was better and the nipple was longer. now she both also likes! hehehe

snowbear

ya, bbs have preferences. But sometimes it's just temporary. Try feeding lying down then there won't be a problem with the carrying? Try different positions, maybe that'd solve the problem.

RRoses

bbs have preferences.

it may be the way you carry, or maybe the nipple there is shorter?

my baby used to prefer my right breast cos the flow was better and the nipple was longer. now she both also likes! hehehe

how did u finally make your baby like both sides??
is it also becuz my baby prefers one side thats why i have uneven breasts?

snowbear

how did you finally make your baby like both sides??
is it also becuz my baby prefers one side thats why i have uneven breasts?
try to offer the less preferred side first at every feeding coz bb's usually hungrier then and will take the first breast more readily. Do that till the preference stops... that's what i did.

uddermummy

agree with snowbear!
what i did was to keep offering the less favored side.

i think it may help to try that when bb is a bit drowsy...

but act i think my girl became better at latching and the flow in the left breast became better