donor eggs?

jesss

Hello! My name is Jessica. I'm 36 yo, married, no kids. I came here to find support, some advice and of course information about infertility and ivf. The reason why I have to use donor eggs is premature menopause. I feel like I'm not ready for such a big step. I know almost nothing about this procedure. That's why it scares me so much! I'm confused. I hope you will help me to puzzle out this question.

We've been always dreaming about having children. We wanted to get on our feet, to buy our own house, to create family and environment where we could bring up our kids. Both my husband and I are from shelter. We don't have relatives who could help us with finances or babysit our children while we at work. We have only each other who we can count for.

Eechen

I know exactly what you are talking about! All that pregnancy talks while you are struggling infertility are so exhausting. Posts of kid's photos in social media made me so depressed. I understand that my friends were not doing it to make me feel bad. They just don't get it, how we feel or what we are going through. I'm happy to see them happy, but... but that was too hard.

Now it's a lot easier for me. Now my perception of the world is completely different. I feel happiness. Finally after so many years I feel good and I'm positive on daily basis. Before my de ivf journey I was angry all the time, I was sad and stressed. I hated so many things, I didn't go outside much. I was just sitting at home and thinking how miserable I am. I'm really glad all that is over. I'll become mother very soon and I'm enjoying my life! I'm sure you'll feel the same very soon.

It's so nice to know I could help you a bit. My journey started in European clinic. I'm really glad we chose to go abroad. Not only we saved some money for our child, but also the clinic made everything for us to enjoy the process. There are many clinics of reproductive medicine there, but ours is working with foreign patients. They provided us with translator and apartment which was really nice. We had to care about nothing but our ivf. We had a package with 2 tries. I've got pregnant from the first one. We paid €6.900 for all services. This price includes translator, housing, food supply and of course de ivf itself. Our clinic has high success rates. It was a major factor which convinced us to choose it. If you have any questions or just want to talk you know where to find me!
Hello Jess! How are you? How is your journey going? Of course I'll answer your questions. I'm sorry for late reply. I was super busy lately. There was a lot going on in my life recently. I have absolutely no time to come here. But finally I'm back! I should say it was not easy at all when I was looking for a clinic. Not only I learned by heart all websites with lists of clinics and what they propose, but also I read so many forums and reviews to be sure we'll go to the right place. The main things we were considering were price, using of fresh eggs, criteria by which donors are chosen, rates of success and some general services. It was also important for us that the procedure is anonymous. So there will be no "I-am-your-real-mom-situation" in future.

Our doctor and program coordinator helped us to choose a donor. We made a list of features which we'd like our donor to have. Basing on our list, they chose 3 donors and eventually we chose the one which suited the most. We used fresh eggs. Opinions differ, but as far as I know fresh eggs are better and with them chances to gp are higher.
Hi