Doubts about MMR jab?

apollo

In Sg, MMR is a compulsory jab. I let ds took this jab when he was 15mth old. IMO, if this jab really will cause autism, then whole SG children will get it since it is a compulsory jab here.

Ting

pin took it, and she is perfectly fine. :) i would say it is a heng suay thing. some ppl get it, some dont.

esthergal

Thanks apollo and Ting for your replies. Will it be better to delay the mmr jab until baby is around 2 yrs old to be safe?

apollo

IMO, i dont think there is a nd to delay. If a vaccine really will cause autism, no matter when u let him take, also will. Like I said, if MMR really will cause autism directly, then most SG kids are (getting) autism??? If you're wry or intend to delay the vac, maybe u shd discuss with ur pd, he will give u better advices! =)

capricon

Yes, you can delay the MMR jab. Delaying the jab til older like 3 - 4 yrs old will be better as their immune system will be stronger than a 1.5 to 2 yr old. Measles n diphtheria vaccine are compulsory by law. You can read the fourth schedule from this link INFECTIOUS DISEASES ACT

Not everyone will get autism from MMR jabs or other vaccines, as it's all dependent on one's health condition. It's best to educate yrself on the pros n cons of vaccine before you vaccinate yr child. If you re worried, you can give yr child the single measles jab. You can pm me if you have any further questions.

Last edited:

Button

i'm also a skeptical mom when it comes to jabs, so i will also be delaying the measles and diptheria jabs till later which are compulsory. MMR as a jab itself is not compulsory. if u're worried about the MMR and thimerasol, take the single shots for each disease.

this might sound horrific to most, but i've not jabbed my baby since birth and i don't intend to till she's at least a year old, later or not at all. at least her body and immune system will be established and will cope better with the flux of chemicals coursing thru her body.

i've bought the 'vaccine book' by dr sears and he explains the MMR is one of the more 'dubious' jabs which explains why parents want to avoid it. however, he states that it seems the manufacturer is also cutting down on single jabs for the diseases in MMR. which means, this might force parents into taking the MMR altogether in the future. but i'll take one step at a time. another interesting thing i read is - autism occurs more in boys than girls.

so, yes, it's a tough decision, esp when majority of parents and pediatricians are doing the vaccinations. love to hear if there are other parents out there who haven't vaccinated their kids and their research and viewpoints.

capricon

Hi Button,

I only vaccinated my gal 5 & boy 3 with BCG at birth only. I was advised by my therapist to delay vaccination til 2yr old or older. I did further research and was appalled that vaccines has a lot of side effects. Even if a child may not suffered immediate side effects from the vaccines, it does not mean it won't affect the child in later yrs. Side effects can be delayed by weeks, mths that you won't even notice it's from the vaccine.

These 2 websites have done a very good job in educating the public on vaccines, though they are based in America but a lot of concerns on vaccines are still quite related to us.

National Vaccine Information Center (setup by parents whose kids were damaged by Diphtheria vaccines)
Natural Health Information Articles and Health Newsletter by Dr. Joseph Mercola

I have one article shared by a paediatrician in America, Expert Pediatrician Exposes Vaccine Myths

This is the extract of the article on why more boys are autistic and affected by vaccines:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]The Dangers of Combining Vaccines

One issue that is frequently ignored is the potential harm from the synergy of combinations of vaccines, which have never been studied.

No one knows whether there’s interaction between the bacteria and the viruses in the vaccines administered as part of the childhood vaccination schedule, or if there is interaction in the trace thimerosal (which is still in some of the multi-vials of certain vaccines), or the large amount of aluminum that is in many of them.

Dr. Palevsky says:

“There is a scientist named Boyd Haley, who has actually looked into some of the vaccine ingredients and (1) what happens to nerve cells when you inject them in the lab to specific vaccine ingredients, and (2) what happens to the nerve cells when you keep adding another vaccine ingredient.

He specifically showed that in the presence of thimerosal, there’s a lot of damage to nerve cells. When you add aluminum to the thimerosal, you need less thimerosal to create the damage to the immune and nerve cells in the presence of aluminum.

Then when you add neomycin – an antibiotic in some of the vaccines – it potentiates the potency of nerve cell damage with aluminum and mercury together.

And when you culture the nerve cells and testosterone, versus estrogen, and you expose them to some of the vaccine ingredients like thimerosal, you actually see that the nerve cells that are exposed to testosterone are more damaged in greater amounts than the nerve cells that are bathed in estrogen.

That raises some concern because we do see that children with neurodevelopmental disorders are 4:1, boys to girls.

So you have to question whether testosterone actually makes children more vulnerable to exposure to toxins like mercury, aluminum or their combination?

None of these studies have been done in humans. People say, “We can’t do those studies.” And I say, “Why not?” They say, “It’s unethical.”

I say, “Well, if it’s unethical to do those studies on vaccine ingredients and combining them together, then it’s unethical to give the vaccines in general.”

So we’re missing a lot of important data that we won’t believe, and we’re also missing a lot of important data that we won’t accumulate because most of the studies that are done are by the manufacturers of the vaccines themselves.”
[/FONT]

Button

thank you for sharing ur findings and insight! i think a lot of what is said makes sense. the human body is really quite strong and i believe we're made whole the way we are. altho' more viruses are appearing, it doesn't feel right to add substances to the body in a bid to protect it.

years ago, i took the chickenpox jabs when they were available coz i've not had it yet. however, i had a really bad ear infection few years after and the ENT asked me if i'd ever had chickenpox as i had the virus in my ear. i told him about my jab and he mused that perhaps the virus was just looking for an alternative opportunity to manifest itself. i almost went deaf in one ear becoz of that, if not for my ENT and strong atibiotics.

the chickenpox jab is also known as varicella vaccine and according to the vaccine book, also uses some dubious ingredients.

capricon

Thanks for sharing yr experience on chickenpox vaccine. It is really scary to know that it can cause ear infection yrs later after being vaccinated. There are a lot of ailments nowadays, which happen out of nowhere. I believe it is related to vaccines. So far there is no research done on vaccinated n non vaccinated kids, following them for maybe 10 yrs n see what are the differences in their health.

If you are keen to read up more on vaccines injury, I have shared in this forum.
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/1524014.html?1287710769

Last edited:

summertime

currently the govt has introd that all the babies have to tk 1st MMR at 12months & 2nd at 18 month.. At first , I wanted to delay the 18mth to around 2 yrs old. But now the bb has to tk during 12mth which i feel is too young . so can delay the 1st MMR to 18 mth instead.

ast0212

A while ago on the news it showed that the study that linked MMR to autism was fraudulent and there was manipulation of data during the research. The doctor who did this was found guilty of serious professional conduct and was also struck of the medical register.