Dr Adrian Woodworth at Compass Point

Carisella

Adrian delivered my girl on 13 Aug 11 .. Morning 7am
Water burst.. No check in form or anything cos that day suppose to see Adrian for checkup.. Admit straight to delivery ward alr 3 cm but then contraction not coming.. Adrian came to check and asked me to choose c-sect or natural.. Cos we havent discuss b4 hand.. Opt natural.. Till 10pm.. Adrian came in to check.. But due to epidural.. I really cant push.. Can't feel anything at all.. Opted for c-sect cos Adrian said my girls shoulder stuck.. Was too tired to say no.. Plus if anything happened to her, it'll be my fault..

Stayed from 13 to 16..
Total bill including baby's after deduct medisave is $5k+

Anne Gan

Water burst.. No check in form or anything cos that day suppose to see Adrian for checkup.. Admit straight to delivery ward alr 3 cm but then contraction not coming.. Adrian came to check and asked me to choose c-sect or natural.. Cos we havent discuss b4 hand.. Opt natural.. Till 10pm.. Adrian came in to check.. But due to epidural.. I really cant push.. Can't feel anything at all.. Opted for c-sect cos Adrian said my girls shoulder stuck.. Was too tired to say no.. Plus if anything happened to her, it'll be my fault..

Stayed from 13 to 16..
Which hospital you in?

mengmeng

Stayed from 13 to 16..
Hi, check with you how much did you paid in cash and which hospital u stayed in?

lag

Does Dr woody encourage mummy to go for c-section? Seems to me that alot of his patients end up with C-section.

Regarding the medical bill, is it divided into hosptial's charges and doctor's charges? Meaning no matter which type of ward i choose the doctor's charges portion will be fixed?

ngelaine

Does Dr woody encourage mummy to go for c-section? Seems to me that alot of his patients end up with C-section.

Regarding the medical bill, is it divided into hosptial's charges and doctor's charges? Meaning no matter which type of ward i choose the doctor's charges portion will be fixed?
Yes. the doctor professional fee is the same and fixed. Oni the ward various on the rate depend how many bed you choose.

I guess Dr Woodworth is those chop chop fast fast Doctor, thats why C sec is faster and he can arrange his schedule.

Also his stiches is neat and good. I can get off the bed on 2nd day and walk. Pain but bearable. Now the 6th days, i feel almost no pain.

Your call of course as he cant force you.

Carisella

I stayed in TMC.. Eh.. No.. Total hospital bill was $10k+ then pay cash was ard $4.7k inclusive of baby charges also..

Ward price is fixed.. Only doctor charges varies and the epidural and all the other misc charges lo..
Doc Woody is want u go C-sect if he feels BB too big.. But if u can Natural Birth of cos he'll let u..

I had C-sect on 13th 10pm.. The next day noon I can come down walk alr.. Had to walk cos needed to pee and I don't want the catheter..
But one disadvantage I feel is.. Till today, the c-sect site is still numb.. No feeling at all..

ngelaine

I stayed in Thomson Medical Center.. Eh.. No.. Total hospital bill was $10k+ then pay cash was around $4.7k inclusive of baby charges also..

Ward price is fixed.. Only doctor charges varies and the epidural and all the other misc charges ..
Doc Woody is want you go C-sect if he feels baby too big.. But if you can Natural Birth of cos he'll let you..

I had C-sect on 13th 10pm.. The next day noon I can come down walk already.. Had to walk cos needed to pee and I dont't want the catheter..
But one disadvantage I feel is.. Till today, the c-sect site is still numb.. No feeling at all..
Wow your bill so ex? U stay in premium single room?
I guess mine is 6K as i stay in 4bed ba. But most important is baby safe & healthy. :001_302:

ngelaine

6K does it included adrian's fees? How many days you stay?
6K including doctor fee, baby doc fee and hospital. after deduct of medisave i pay in cash is abt 2K. stay for 3 nites, in 2bed as i got the free upgrade from 4bed to 2bed.
This exclude the antenal package.

ngelaine

So good! ha. to me , is okay, 4 bed or 2 bed.
to me 2bed is comfortable... neva see the 4 bed before so not sure. ask him for the free upgrade he will say ok one. Coz i think most his patient is like that as what i heard from the nurses. but that only apply if u choose TMC.

lag

joeichan..the charges is doc fee + tmc charges? or purely Dr woody professional fee?
What about C section?

Chindian baby

Hi mummies...I'm new to this forum..but,I have been reading up on all the posts here. I'm also seeing Dr.Adrian. I'm pretty comfortable with him and it takes a while to get used to his style of working. Overall,he's good. It's pretty interesting to know that you can actually ask for a free upgrade from 4 to 2 bedded rm. I'm currently 37 weeks and my due date was 25 dec,but as I'm opting for c section,doc has given me a choice to choose date and it'll be on the 7th dec.. But,it seems my princess is abit on the heavy side-3kg and I wonder if it's normal. Could anyone enlighten me on the hospital charges? I'm very.nervous and excited and so is my hubby. It's our first baby after trying for 8 yrs.

ocoloco79

Hi all, I suspect that i m preg, not tested yet cos only 3 days after menses due date. My friend recommended Dr woody and after reading the posts here, m quite keen on him cos I wanted to opt for c section. I am very worried abt the after birth pain as some friends who did c sec said the post pain is terrible and one of them got wound infections so very miserable. I hope Dr woddy is good at c sec without causing post pain which is unbearable cos I got v low threshold for pain...

One question: Since the first 3 months is very critical and unstable, is it advisable to take up the package during first few visits during first trimester? Cos there is a chance that u are paying abt $600 for 3 months or less? Anyone went to see other doc b4 signing up with Dr woody in 2nd tri??

Chindian baby

Hi ocoloco79,

Congrats to you in advance-hope you're preggie,gal anyway, be positive and be surrounded by good souls who give you gd vibes..it helps a long way. Trust me gal,Adrian is gd in his hands even though he's a man of few words. I went through csection on the 7th and delivered my princess w/o much fear or anxiety..it was my personal option as I also have a low threshold for pain..I opted for GA and I'm glad I did..no side effects at all except for initial grogginess.. I delivered at 4.03pm and at 6 pm,I was smsing,laughing and talking to my family and friends who came to see me..nobody believed I just delivered..that's how gd he is..he does pressure bandage so that you don't feel so much pain..of course the pain is there,but it's bearable...you must walk on the 2nd day,so that the wound heals fast..I went to take my own shower on the 3rd day in hospital! By 6th day,I was walking v.normally..take confinement food,lots of rest and be happy..I just completed my post natal massage and my tummy is flat now..don't worry too much dear..just relax and take it one day at a time..whatever I shared with you is my personal experience..it may differ from one to another..take gd care.