Dr Adrian Woodworth...is he a good gynea

angelieyes12

I am now in 22 weeks and i have been seeing Dr Woodworth for my prenatal checkup. i have acquired his pacakge. However, I wonder why the nurse in the clinic asked me that I would need to pay deposit for the delivery sgd 1,712 (1,600+GST). His professional fee for normal delivery is 1,350...dont know why the extra charge? Nurse told me to ask him. i have not't though, maybe on the next visit.

My colleague was never asked for any professional fee upfront. Only after delivery, some more it's like I have to pay more that 100% of his professional fee as deposit. Is this normal? Do I really need to pay that much...I still in 5 mos preggy.

yummygums

I am now in 22 weeks and i have been seeing Dr Woodworth for my prenatal checkup. i have acquired his pacakge. However, I wonder why the nurse in the clinic asked me that I would need to pay deposit for the delivery sgd 1,712 (1,600+GST). His professional fee for normal delivery is 1,350...dont know why the extra charge? Nurse told me to ask him. i have not't though, maybe on the next visit.

My colleague was never asked for any professional fee upfront. Only after delivery, some more it's like I have to pay more that 100% of his professional fee as deposit. Is this normal? Do I really need to pay that much...I still in 5 mos preggy.

hes a doctor with a few words unless you ask him questions. normally i will prepare a list of things to ask him when i go for my checkup. so normally his consultation is like 'baby is fine, mommy is fine' and its done.

candizhu

Hi,
I am currently seeing Dr. Woody for my first child, currently 25wks... You can always ask for a schedule of his fees from his nurses and clarify with him about his fees if there is a discrepancy. This happened to me when I signed up for his package. His nurses overcharged me $80++ by mistake and they made a cheque refund for the amount. I understand that he does ask his patients to pay a deposit for his fees, and the amount of deposit payable vary from patient to patient, based on what I read in the forums, it is usually those who do not have enuff Medisave or may develop complications.. Deposit for the fees for the hospital package is payable at the hospital upon admission. Currently, his delivery charges for natural is $1,350+, forcep/vacuum $1650+, c-sec $2500+.. I think he's getting more expensive but if I am assured that me and baby are in good hands, I don't mind paying more..

I enjoy my visits to Dr Woody as like yummygums said, he's a man of few words.. whenever I have questions for him, I will jot them down in a notebook and pass to him and he will put his comments on the notebook.. he will advise me if he felt it is important for me to know and things he wants me to do, e.g. no sugary stuff, no caffeine & plenty of rest.. and he's generous with MCs.. I am contented not to be overload with unnecessary details and is happy to leave his clinic with my questions answered and the same happy heart that baby is growing well ..

purpur

So angelieyes, u paid them e upfront delivery fee .. ? E nurse oso ask me for it but was 800 ++ .. thot those professional fees will come together in e hospital bill ?

angelieyes12

Yes, I have paid them already. I figure out, maybe because I am foreigner and don't have medisave.... I have seen in the hospital brochure that they also ask you to pay the 100% upon admission if you don't have medisave or if your not local or PR. Guess have to deal with the expenses and be prepared. It's for my baby anyway :)

Dreamrat

I was under Woodworth too. Same as Candizhu, happy with him. Always leave with a happy heart. My c-sec is recovering well too. I can walk on the second day.

mengmeng

Just delivered on 1st July with Adrian. Although my baby is 4kg, he mentioned that will try for virginal birth first and see how is it. In the end, he successfully help me delivered my giant boy.

His stitching skill is good. I was able to go down bed the following day. Highly recommended.

candizhu

Can I check wif u ladies, u all oso pay him e professional fees before delivery ur baby ??
So far he hasn't ask me to pay his professional fees or to place a deposit yet. But I am seeing him again this Friday evening and will ask him to help me book my room at TMC, will see if am asked to pay then...

SharonTay

I just gave birth on 16may12 by Dr Adrian too..he was my gynae for my First boy which was 7yrs ago..he was a short and sweet guy. I was told to pay a deposit of $1200 TMC while admitting for labour..

candizhu

She had already mentioned that she paid the money to the hospital. Believe that is the deposit for the hospital stay, the amount depends on the ward you select to stay in.

Personally, my view is that if Dr Woody requests that you pay a deposit of a specific sum at his clinic, I don't think you can refuse to pay right? If some of us are asked to pay the deposit and some are not asked to pay, what can you do about it?

purpur

Candizhu, anyway I m not asking u n e way u reply sounds rude.

I jus wan to confirm is it a mus to pay upfront his professional deposit to his clinic . As some of them paid e deposit in his clinic but e hospital still bill fully his professional delivery fees without offset e deposit .. until they showed their receipt but e staff at tmc reluctant to deduct .. it cos discrepancy n they will try to call up e clinic to clarify this n that .. n seems like not all paying for e deposit .. Is not that if e gynea ask u to pay u die die hav to pay .. at least u hav to know y n what u r paying for .. not jus pay them blindly . Mayb u r those who choose to pay blindly ..

Yes I know that there is a must to pay another deposit when admit hospital n it depends on different bedded .

Ibie

Hi mummies, I am also seeing Dr Woody too. Reli a man of very few words but he does has humor in him.

SharonTay, how many bed did you go for? I just went to TMC for the hospital tour yesterday. They showed us to the suites and pictures of their normal 1 bedded to 4 bedded room types. I am thinking if I should go for thr 1 bedded.

mengmeng

I jus wan to confirm is it a mus to pay upfront his professional deposit to his clinic . As some of them paid e deposit in his clinic but e hospital still bill fully his professional delivery fees without offset e deposit .. until they showed their receipt but e staff at tmc reluctant to deduct .. it cos discrepancy n they will try to call up e clinic to clarify this n that .. n seems like not all paying for e deposit .. Is not that if e gynea ask u to pay u die die hav to pay .. at least u hav to know y n what u r paying for .. not jus pay them blindly . Mayb u r those who choose to pay blindly ..

Yes I know that there is a must to pay another deposit when admit hospital n it depends on different bedded .
Hi purpur, chill!!!!

For ny case i did not pay any profession fee to adrian instead i paid all to TMC. I think he might request some payment is for those who had booked 1bedded or 'vip' suite. Btw i'm staying 4 bedded with free upgrade to 2 bedded.

Total cash i had paid for my assisted vaginal delivery with epidural is $2800..

Ibie

mengmeng that's luckily to get a free upgrade. I was asking during the hospital tour at TMC yesterday and they did mentioned possible to have upgrade if req room too full, but also possible to have downgrade too. :eek:

SharonTay

Hihi,I paid the deposit $1200 directly to TMC..but after discharged,I paid another $700plus to TMC..so total amount cash $2000 after deducting the medisave..mine is 4bedded price but TMC will free upgrade to 2bedded for u when u choose to give birth at TMC by Dr Adrian..it's was already like that when I had my first one with dr Adrian..but last time (7yrs back), there was no deposit...

candizhu

Purpur, when I was writing my post, I was literally thinking "if Dr Woody selectively ask his patients to place a deposit for his services, can you REALLY refuse to pay"? If my post had rubbed you in a wrong way, I sincerely apologise for it as it was never my intention to be rude to you or any of the forummers here. After all, this is a public forum and I am no keyboard warrior...

As for replying on behalf of SharonTay, I guess I was being busybody.. so for that, I would like to apologise to SharonTay.

However, there is one correction I wish to make and that is I am one of those who will pay willingly for Dr Woody's services but not blindly. As mentioned in my earlier post, I checked my invoices and when I noted any discrepancy, I had raised it with Dr Woody who investigated the matter and made a full refund for the differences. Given my experiences with Dr Woody so far, my personal opinion is that he's a doctor of integrity and I trust him not to overcharge. I will certainly pay a deposit if he asks me to. Imagine the embarrassment of refusing to pay up when presented with the interim bill for his services and it is not like I don't know what I am paying for, after all, I chose him as my gynae to deliver my baby safely - that's what I am paying him for. Like I have mentioned previously, Dr Woody's services are getting more expensive but for the assurance that me and my baby are in good hands, I seriously don't mind paying him more or even upfront for his services.

Nevertheless, I do agree with you that we may face billing discrepancies at the hospital but that is certainly not Dr Woody's fault. And to avoid that, his nurses have been advising their patients to bring along all receipts to prove the amount of deposits & prenatal expenses paid and to have the hospital staff call his clinic if there is any discrepancy for clarification. You simply have to stand firm with your receipts in your hands and don't allow the hospital staff to intimidate you into paying up what you have already paid. Alternatively, you can consider paying his doctor's fees upfront, i.e. 100% of his fees so that the hospital just charge you for the room and baby wards and incidentals, as well as fees for Dr Woody's visits.

Trust the above clarifies.