Dr Chan Kon Hon - Gleneagles

jojoki

I am soooo tempted to be delivered by him after all the great testimonials I've read of him... unfortunately.... next one i shall find him ;p

koko51sg

Hi,

I'm new here but I'm currently seeing Dr Chan. He's pretty expensive. Each visit I pay about $285 (consultation + scan (4D))

He's a nice gynae and reassuring.

BudgetMum

i cannot afford sure x fees but I think my aunt sees him for her 2 pregnancies.

if any of u looking for a more affordable gynae, i do recommend Ms Yvonne Chan (TMC), her stitching is superb for both natural & c-section.

akachan09

Hi,

I'm new here but I'm currently seeing Dr Chan. He's pretty expensive. Each visit I pay about $285 (consultation + scan (4D))

He's a nice gynae and reassuring.
Hi! Koko51sg,

I am also currently seeing Dr Chan for my 2nd child. How many months are you now?

badtzzz

I am seeing Dr KH Chan, I would say he is superb comparing to those of my friend's gynae. For normal consultation before signing package is about $160 plus around. After which the package is about $880 which includes scanning (think is 4D), vitamin pills and consultation. This time round is my 2nd child. Comparing with my friends, my stiches doesn't hurt but my friends hurts after the pain killer,,,,,,,:Dancing_wub:
wa..tat's super ex..but it's 4D scan...ya..i feel pain for at least 3 days after e painkiller...

koko51sg

Hi! Koko51sg,

Congratulations! Maybe we meet before at Dr Chan's clinic. I usually go to his clinic on Tuesday. My next appt with him is on 15 Jan. How abt u?
Were you also with him for your first pregnancy? Have you start taking his antenatal package?

akachan09

Were you also with him for your first pregnancy? Have you start taking his antenatal package?
Hi! koko51sg,

My first child was not delivered by Dr Chan. He was my friend's gynae. I had two previous miscarriages. Dr Chan did the last D&C for me. I felt comfortable with him so I continue with him when I got pregnant again 3 months later. I have just started my package with him at 16 weeks. How abt u? Will you continue with him till you deliver?

koko51sg

Hi! koko51sg,

My first child was not delivered by Dr Chan. He was my friend's gynae. I had two previous miscarriages. Dr Chan did the last D&C for me. I felt comfortable with him so I continue with him when I got pregnant again 3 months later. I have just started my package with him at 16 weeks. How abt u? Will you continue with him till you deliver?
I've not decided yet. I was wondering if he delivers at other hospitals? How is his package like?

akachan09

Hi! Koko51sg,

Sorry for the late late reply. Did not login for quite a period of time. Was quite depressed the last two weeks when we received a marginal triple test result for down syndrome. Went for amnio test and now waiting anxiously for the results.
Dr Chan does not deliver at other hospitals except Gleneagles. I pay $800plus for his packages. It comprised 9-10 appts, 3D pics, detailed scans between 18-22 weeks and 32-36 weeks (I think), vitamins etc. I think the package is quite standard. You have to pay for unscheduled appt. His charges is indeed expensive as compared to my friends with other gynaes. When is your next appt with him? Mine is on 20 Jan.

koko51sg

Hi! Koko51sg,

Sorry for the late late reply. Did not login for quite a period of time. Was quite depressed the last two weeks when we received a marginal triple test result for down syndrome. Went for amnio test and now waiting anxiously for the results.
Dr Chan does not deliver at other hospitals except Gleneagles. I pay $800plus for his packages. It comprised 9-10 appts, 3D pics, detailed scans between 18-22 weeks and 32-36 weeks (I think), vitamins etc. I think the package is quite standard. You have to pay for unscheduled appt. His charges is indeed expensive as compared to my friends with other gynaes. When is your next appt with him? Mine is on 20 Jan.
Its okay as I've not been in here for quite a while too. My next appt is 30th Jan. Everyone has been telling me that he is very expensive. My friends got a shock when they heard that I pay about $200+ each time.
I'm going for the tiple blood test this next visit..I'm also considering amnio test as I'm over 35. Haven't really decide as there is a risk of miscarriage and my husband is not comfortable. Guess will wait for the blood test to decide.

Hope that your amnio tests results will be good. Will pray for you.

akachan09

Its okay as I've not been in here for quite a while too. My next appt is 30th Jan. Everyone has been telling me that he is very expensive. My friends got a shock when they heard that I pay about $200+ each time.
I'm going for the tiple blood test this next visit..I'm also considering amnio test as I'm over 35. Haven't really decide as there is a risk of miscarriage and my husband is not comfortable. Guess will wait for the blood test to decide.

Hope that your amnio tests results will be good. Will pray for you.
Hi! Koko51sg,

It's great to hear from you. I just got my result this afternoon. My baby has no chromo abnormalities. Thank you for your prayer. :)

Yes, you are right. His charges is indeed expensive but you do not have to pay that much after you sign up his package at 16 weeks. Also, you get 3D prints if your baby's position is right. My girlfriend told me that his stitching is very good especially for C-section. I signed up with Dr Chan becos I am very comfortable with him and all his nurses.

I would advise you to go for triple test and see the result first before opting for amnio test. At least, triple test is non-invasive. Only take your blood. The waiting period for amnio test result is agonising. If you have to do it, put your trust in Dr Chan. Rest assured that everything will be fine. Most importantly is to rest well for the next 3 days after the amnio test. I put myself to strict bedrest for 3 days and avoid carrying heavy items.
I will pray that your triple blood test turns out well. :Dancing_wub:

veronica

Hi! Koko51sg,

It's great to hear from you. I just got my result this afternoon. My baby has no chromo abnormalities. Thank you for your prayer. :)

Yes, you are right. His charges is indeed expensive but you do not have to pay that much after you sign up his package at 16 weeks. Also, you get 3D prints if your baby's position is right. My girlfriend told me that his stitching is very good especially for C-section. I signed up with Dr Chan becos I am very comfortable with him and all his nurses.

I would advise you to go for triple test and see the result first before opting for amnio test. At least, triple test is non-invasive. Only take your blood. The waiting period for amnio test result is agonising. If you have to do it, put your trust in Dr Chan. Rest assured that everything will be fine. Most importantly is to rest well for the next 3 days after the amnio test. I put myself to strict bedrest for 3 days and avoid carrying heavy items.
I am above 35 yrs category and may require amnio if I do not pass the necessary test. So now I am also quite worried.

Its been close to 4yrs since I had my first one so now I totally forgotten what are the test needed.

Can someone enlighten me the test needed? I was told I need to do blood test on week 11-12weeks. Then a detailed scan. Is this OSCAR? And when do we do OSCAR? If I need amnio, when do I need to do ?

Also what is tripe test?

Thanks in advance.

akachan09

I am above 35 yrs category and may require amnio if I do not pass the necessary test. So now I am also quite worried.

Its been close to 4yrs since I had my first one so now I totally forgotten what are the test needed.

Can someone enlighten me the test needed? I was told I need to do blood test on week 11-12weeks. Then a detailed scan. Is this OSCAR? And when do we do OSCAR? If I need amnio, when do I need to do ?

Also what is tripe test?

Thanks in advance.
Hi! Vernoica,

OSCAR test is usually done during 1st trimester. What you have mentioned above is OSCAR test. Triple test is only done between 15-18weeks. Both are non-invasive procedures. Only take your blood. Amnio test can only be done preferably after 18 weeks. Risk of miscarriage is lower. Of course, if your blood test result is good. No need to go for amnio.

koko51sg

Hi! Koko51sg,

Glad to hear that your reults are well. Congrats!!! So now your mind is at peace. Cheers!!!!:Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue:

koko51sg

Also what is tripe test?

Thanks in advance.

The triple blood tests for Down Syndrome, Neural Tube Defects (spina bifida and anencephaly).

If the blood tests is positive then further investigation is required like the amnio test.