Dr Jazlan Joosoph - Raffles Hospital

Akeelah

Hi, I went to meet Dr Jazlan for the first time at 9 weeks 1 day. Will be meeting him again in 3-4 weeks time, and was advised to take the package plus Oscar test. But would love to get a sense from experienced mummies who delivered in Raffles + by Dr Jazlan.

1. What is his package price and what does it include?
2. Any ideas on Raffles Hospital total bill + breakdown of items?

Appreciate any responses please.
Many thanks in advance.

dianay

Hi Akeelah,

My baby is delivered by Dr Jazlan in RH. Mine is caesarean so it cost alittle more and plus my baby stays in the NICU due to some water in lungs after birth.

My package from Dr Jazlan is $1200 for my monthly gynae visit. I remembered i paid 6K in cash after medisave deduction. Detail breakdown could not remember as i gave birth in 2012 and i need to check my bills at home. :)

My experience with him is very good. He is a good gynae. He will explain and answer your doubts patiently.

Akeelah

Hi Akeelah,

My baby is delivered by Dr Jazlan in RH. Mine is caesarean so it cost alittle more and plus my baby stays in the NICU due to some water in lungs after birth.

My package from Dr Jazlan is $1200 for my monthly gynae visit. I remembered i paid 6K in cash after medisave deduction. Detail breakdown could not remember as i gave birth in 2012 and i need to check my bills at home. :)

My experience with him is very good. He is a good gynae. He will explain and answer your doubts patiently.

Thanks dianay.

Just to check - you mentioned it was $1200? Care to share the breakdown? And you paid this from week 12 onwards?
Good to know you were taken well by Dr Jazlan. Thanks for the info.

dianay

Yup i paid from week 12 onwards. I am sorry but the breakdown i will need to go back home this weekend to check cos i stay at my mmum's place during weekdays (she look after my daughter)..heheh.. cos i really cannot remember in details...but roughly, it includes: basic vitamins like Iron pills, calcium pills, (Omega Oil will be chargeable), routine scan.

Did the nurse show u the package for Dr Jazlan? Cos if they show u, probably u can describe to me and i can see if my 2012 package is the same as now. Maybe there's a change in 2014 package :)

I would highly recommend him. Cos i heard of nasty gyanes from my friend's experience.

The nurses in RH is also kind, caring and well experience.

The caesarean team with Dr Jazlan on the day of my delivery is really good and experience, this includes the anathesist her name is Pey Lu Lu, and the nurses.

Later, i heard from my muslim friends that Dr Jazlan usually appears on the radio to give some talks on women's problem etc...so i guess, he has a reputation hahahahah, thats why he has to be good :)

Akeelah

Yup i paid from week 12 onwards. I am sorry but the breakdown i will need to go back home this weekend to check cos i stay at my mmum's place during weekdays (she look after my daughter)..heheh.. cos i really cannot remember in details...but roughly, it includes: basic vitamins like Iron pills, calcium pills, (Omega Oil will be chargeable), routine scan.

Did the nurse show you the package for Dr Jazlan? Cos if they show you, probably you can describe to me and i can see if my 2012 package is the same as now. Maybe there's a change in 2014 package :)

I would highly recommend him. Cos i heard of nasty gyanes from my friend's experience.

The nurses in RH is also kind, caring and well experience.

The caesarean team with Dr Jazlan on the day of my delivery is really good and experience, this includes the anathesist her name is Pey Lu Lu, and the nurses.

Later, i heard from my muslim friends that Dr Jazlan usually appears on the radio to give some talks on women's problem etc...so i guess, he has a reputation hahahahah, thats why he has to be good :)
Hehe, thanks again for the details on Dr Jazlan.
Heard good reviews on him too, as well as about his feature as a column doctor in berita harian.
Good to know about service level of RH nurses too, hehe!

However, I'll only meet the him over at Raffles end of this month and he'll explain to me the package and the breakdown of it. I saw somewhere that someone ever took the package at $2800, so I'm not sure what is included and what's not. For your package though, does it include his surgeon/delivery cost? I know the hospital charges us separately for the maternity package.

dianay

yup heard also about the $2800 package. okok, i got the details already...hehehe...ooh, my package is $1800 not include surgeon and delivery.

dianay

If u can bear with me a little while, When I get back home on Friday I can message u the details on the package. More detail one. So ur estimated time of delivery is august?

Akeelah

Hi, no worries at all. Can get back to me by the end of the week also can.
Yes, I'm a first time mum, hehehe. EDD: 9 Sept 2014.

:)

dianay

I am also a first time mum to my 15 months old daughter:)
enjoy ur pregnancy!

in fact, I am still seeing Dr Jazlan for my yearly Pap smear. Will stick to him even if I am having my 2nd one

Akeelah

Cool to know. Thanks for the encouragement! Hope to hear from you again over the weekend about the maternity package and his personal package price! :)

Akeelah

I am also a first time mum to my 15 months old daughter:)
enjoy ur pregnancy!

in fact, I am still seeing Dr Jazlan for my yearly Pap smear. Will stick to him even if I am having my 2nd one
Hi dianay, any updates to the total bill for Dr Jazlan as we discussed last week, hehe?
Sorry to disturb if you're too busy. Hope all is well on your side.

dianay

Hi Akeelah,

Sorry to kept u waiting.

The Antenatal Package by Dr JJ is $1800. This includes consultation for 10 visits, ultrasound examination, urine test, up to 8 sets of multivitamins and calcium supplements, 1 post natal consultation.
Exlcusions : consultations excluding scheduled antenatal visits (E.g, Emergency Consultations for bleeding, cough, fever, etc), Antenatal blood and urine test, screening for down syndrome (first trimester scan) at 10-12 weeks, fetal anomaly scan at 20 weeks, Omega 3 supplements, vaginal swab test for GBS, Any additional tests if required.

My mode of delivery is via C-sect. For mother= The C-sect cost include ward stay, medical consumables, attendance fee and surgeon fee by Dr J, Anaesthetist fee= $9976. After medisave is= i remember is around 3K+

For baby= $5746, include baby stay, test for hearing, Paeditrician fees. but due to my baby had to stay in NICU for 2 days so u got to deduct around $1000. After medisave= $3946

Hope the above helps.

Akeelah

Hi Akeelah,

Sorry to kept you waiting.

The Antenatal Package by Dr JJ is $1800. This includes consultation for 10 visits, ultrasound examination, urine test, up to 8 sets of multivitamins and calcium supplements, 1 post natal consultation.
Exlcusions : consultations excluding scheduled antenatal visits (E.g, Emergency Consultations for bleeding, cough, fever, etc), Antenatal blood and urine test, screening for down syndrome (first trimester scan) at 10-12 weeks, fetal anomaly scan at 20 weeks, Omega 3 supplements, vaginal swab test for GBS, Any additional tests if required.

My mode of delivery is via C-sect. For mother= The C-sect cost include ward stay, medical consumables, attendance fee and surgeon fee by Dr J, Anaesthetist fee= $9976. After medisave is= i remember is around 3K+

For baby= $5746, include baby stay, test for hearing, Paeditrician fees. but due to my baby had to stay in NICU for 2 days so you got to deduct around $1000. After medisave= $3946

Hope the above helps.

many many thanks dianay. My 13 week check up is tmrw. excited much!
will update you on my progress k!

once again, many many thanks!

dianay

No problem, my pleasure to help. important to be happy and stressfree during your pregnancy. And enjoy before ur little one comes out!.
BTW, u stay in the east ? Tampines?