Dr Lawrence Ang from Thomson Women's Clinic @ Sunplaza

autumn82

Talking abt tt.. I forgotten to go bk for my pap smear after deliver leh! LOL. OMG... Talking abt service man... :x

Tracy.tan

Hi All

I was seeing Dr Ang for a couple of months (he was recommeded to me by a friend), but just last month I switched to another ob/gynae in TMC as I think Dr Ang is really really too busy (waited at least 45 minutes to see him for 3 minutes, and most time he has to rush rush to deliver babies) but I must say he really is quite a good doctor though. I am happy with my current ob/gynae.

babymoon

Hi All

I was seeing Dr Ang for a couple of months (he was recommeded to me by a friend), but just last month I switched to another ob/gynae in TMC as I think Dr Ang is really really too busy (waited at least 45 minutes to see him for 3 minutes, and most time he has to rush rush to deliver babies) but I must say he really is quite a good doctor though. I am happy with my current ob/gynae.
then u switched to which gynae?

Tracy.tan

Hi babymoon

I switch to Dr Phyllis Liauw, so far quite comfortable with her, seen her twice already. At least now I wait for half hour but can take my time to talk to her (dont have to rush rush rush through my question).

See Dr Ang make my heart beat faster becos he is always rushing......actually I was quite disturb when Dr Ang was talking to me, he also at the same time talk to his nurse....later on, he forget what he want to say

babymoon

Hi babymoon

I switch to Dr Phyllis Liauw, so far quite comfortable with her, seen her twice already. At least now I wait for half hour but can take my time to talk to her (dont have to rush rush rush through my question).

See Dr Ang make my heart beat faster becos he is always rushing......actually I was quite disturb when Dr Ang was talking to me, he also at the same time talk to his nurse....later on, he forget what he want to say
oh really? hahaa.. dr ang sooooo busyyyyy... where is the dr phyllis liaw huh? sembawang area too?

autumn82

HAha.. Ya I understand how u feel tracy.. He was like tt when I saw him since Nov07.. Also tot of changing gynae coz he was soooo diff from my previous gynae.. But after recommendations from mummies ard the forum, I decided to give it a try.. Coz heard that his C-sect skills are SUPERB.. Which after trying, Yes I agree very much. :)

Overall, just tt ya, u tend to get faster heartbeat each visit. Haha. Erm.. Even when I did my C-sect, he was also rushing u noe? Haha. He called me told me OT left w 11am slot.. quick quick... Then when I reached, c-sect was also quick quick done... coz think got patients outside waiting to be "cut" as well.. Haha. :p But luckily, after C-sect done.. 2nd day I can walk ard w very minimal pain. Hee.

norfen

hi tracy,
i'm seeing Dr Phyllis too. Recommended by my elder sis whose 3rd child was delivered by her. My first impression of Dr Phyllis was that she was quite an eccentric lady. *lol* but she really puts ppl at ease with her infectious laughter.
She explains in detail, and even sketched out her explanation/ diagrams on papers for me to bring home. reminds me of a teacher! I've been seeing her for 5x already and confirmed taking her next yr for delivery.

Tracy.tan

HAha.. Ya I understand how u feel tracy.. He was like tt when I saw him since Nov07.. Also tot of changing gynae coz he was soooo diff from my previous gynae.. But after recommendations from mummies ard the forum, I decided to give it a try.. Coz heard that his C-sect skills are SUPERB.. Which after trying, Yes I agree very much. :)

Overall, just tt ya, u tend to get faster heartbeat each visit. Haha. Erm.. Even when I did my C-sect, he was also rushing u noe? Haha. He called me told me OT left w 11am slot.. quick quick... Then when I reached, c-sect was also quick quick done... coz think got patients outside waiting to be "cut" as well.. Haha. :p But luckily, after C-sect done.. 2nd day I can walk ard w very minimal pain. Hee.
Hi Autumn82

How was your c-section experience, did you feel or know what was happening during the process? I had my two births via natural so dont know how it would be like to go thru a c-section.
This time, my ob said that I have the placenta previa so a c-section would be necessary and I dunno wat to expect.

Trace

Tracy.tan

hi tracy,
i'm seeing Dr Phyllis too. Recommended by my elder sis whose 3rd child was delivered by her. My first impression of Dr Phyllis was that she was quite an eccentric lady. *lol* but she really puts ppl at ease with her infectious laughter.
She explains in detail, and even sketched out her explanation/ diagrams on papers for me to bring home. reminds me of a teacher! I've been seeing her for 5x already and confirmed taking her next yr for delivery.
Hi Norfen
Ya I agree with you about Dr Liauw. She puts me at ease and I will have her delivery my girl in December. My two girls were delivered by Dr K M Seng last time, but he passed away about half years ago, I was very comfortable with him.

Trace

PrettiBlossom

my 3 kids all delivered by him. He was recommended by my friend, even tho the waiting time is long, but i realised if you come abit earlier than the actual appt time, the wait seems faster.

anyway, my 3rd child which i just delievered a month ago, when i was in thomson medical, i was given the 'priority patient' and even gotten a hamper from TMC because i've been faithfully using them.

Celin

my DS was delivered by Dr Ang and he's good leh... mine's a c-section and i can walk w/o pain on the 2nd day liao. The scar is oso veri minimal.

Will definitely go back to him again.

TeenyWeeny

Hi
Dr Ang was also my gyne. Just gave birth to my first gal last year Aug. I agree that he is always very rush. Talk like machine gun sia. But he is a very nice doc. Will go back to him next time. :shyxxx:

autumn82

Hi Autumn82

How was your c-section experience, did you feel or know what was happening during the process? I had my two births via natural so dont know how it would be like to go thru a c-section.
This time, my ob said that I have the placenta previa so a c-section would be necessary and I dunno wat to expect.

Trace
Hi Tracy,

So sorry, now then saw ur post.. Heh. Erm.. Overall my C-sect was fine, not much pain experienced, recovered very fast as well. Hmm.. I feel alittle of tugging and pulling but not pain and roughly know what the doc is doing but couldn't @@ coz there was a green piece of cloth covering ur view. Heh.

It is only after u wake up and start to move then u start to feel the pain, but shld be fine soon after u start walking on the 2nd day. :tlaugh:

When r u due? :)

Tracy.tan

Hi Tracy,

So sorry, now then saw ur post.. Heh. Erm.. Overall my C-sect was fine, not much pain experienced, recovered very fast as well. Hmm.. I feel alittle of tugging and pulling but not pain and roughly know what the doc is doing but couldn't @@ coz there was a green piece of cloth covering ur view. Heh.

It is only after u wake up and start to move then u start to feel the pain, but shld be fine soon after u start walking on the 2nd day. :tlaugh:

When r u due? :)

No problem leh! Oh I delivered my baby girl on 10 Dec. I was on G.A cos doc said I have low laying placenta which might have lots of bleedings so she proposed I be totally knocked out. I opted to harvest baby's cord bleed but also not successful cos she told me I lost too much blood so no time to harvest the cord blood leh.

I felt not much pain even after I was awake from the operation, second day can walk here walk there already.

MizfitMumma

Hi~

I'm visiting Dr. Lawrence Ang now.. wondering any moms goin to him also? or any moms used to go to him?

Surpised to see no thread on him as he was quite raved at other forums.. haha.. :Dancing_wub:
Hi there, I'm new here.. Heard Dr Ang is very good. Will be seeing him soon as I'm 20weeks preg. Before, I wuz from KK. Dun lyk d service der.

cui_er

I just went for my first appointment with him too. But there's some stuff I don't really understand. His delivery charge is said to be $1500 for normal w/out epidural right? And hospital charges I thought is about $1200 for let's say Mt. A or TMC? So add up is about $2700. Minus medisave $1800 should be still have to come out $900 cash, so how come a few ladies mentioned total charges about $2k only and come out $300 cash? That's wat Dr. Ang said too. Will appreciate more info cos on very tight cash budget... Thanks!

lisa_ng

I just went for my first appointment with him too. But there's some stuff I don't really understand. His delivery charge is said to be $1500 for normal w/out epidural right? And hospital charges I thought is about $1200 for let's say Mt. A or TMC? So add up is about $2700. Minus medisave $1800 should be still have to come out $900 cash, so how come a few ladies mentioned total charges about $2k only and come out $300 cash? That's wat Dr. Ang said too. Will appreciate more info cos on very tight cash budget... Thanks!
Mayb the amount he quoted you is inclusive of the hospital stay.
better to double confirm.

i was with dr ang 2 year back for my delivery.

his charges for an auto upgrade to 2bedded in tmc
Normal delivery $1500-$2000(medisave) $200+(Cash) including vaccum assist.

epidural if needed $500-$600(cash)

an other cost you have to take note is the hospital charge for your newborn baby's stay and checkups.
which may not be mentioned by Dr ang.

Last edited:

cui_er

Ok, just went for checkup with dr. ang a few days back and did check with him again about the costs. He said his delivery charges are not so ex ($1500) like what his receptionist told me earlier, perhaps closer to $1000 or so. But everything's like in a package form, so anyway, after medisave deductions, if it's a normal delivery and I delivery at TMC, will expect to fork out about $300. Which is still quite acceptable to me.

Baby's stay and checkups I think can also be deducted from our medisave seperately right?

My goodness, epidural so ex... I will try to do without it but dunno can tahan or not. I didn't tahan for my first one... >.<

So far 2 appointments with Dr. Ang only but find him very friendly and easy to talk to. I'm very fat and he still treat me normally not like some doctors will talk a bit condescendingly type. :)