Dr Lim Teck Beng @ Mount Elizabeth

hens3n

Alpha Male
Hi all,
Anyone had Dr Lim Teck Beng as gynae before? Any comments about him? N How is his charges?

Thanks ! :001_302:

raeka

Dr.Lim is good and he's very patience with preggie mum. The sister / nurse there are very friendly and nice.

He's my Gynae.

Well his charger per appointment around $110/- included multi- vitamins . In 2008 .
Not sure about his charge now.

If need more information can ask me no pro.

hens3n

Alpha Male
Thanks Raeka for ur information.. ^^
But I would like to know more about his charges if we want to give birth there n more..
can you advice me more on the delivey cost please..

becoz i'm a foreigner n wish to give birth in singapore..
actually now i'm having Dr Patricia Sim Sai Lan (@ Moun E too) as my gynae (just seeing her for the first time) found that she n the nurse there are quite friendly n nice.. n last time when i saw her i asked her for the price, how much if i want to give birth there n the nurse there gave me a price list which is quite expensive..

n i heard from my friends there are many of us (indonesian) going to see Dr Lim coz he is good n nice n his price is reasonable too..

i'm actually prefer a female gynae than male, but i want to find a gynae whose charges more reasonable for foreigner..

Thanks.. ^^

angelatan77

Quote=hens3n;464996]Hi all,
Anyone had Dr Lim Teck Beng as gynae before? Any comments about him? N How is his charges?

Thanks ! :001_302:[/quote]

Hi Dr Lim was my gynae for my 2 girls born 2008 and 2010... He saved my mum's life as he cured her about 12 years ago when she was diagnosed from cervical cancer... that was the reason i went to him.. He charged her with very low charges as we were all not working then and my mum had not much savings.. Half of what a female gynae at amk central wanted to charge my mum. I would say he is very very patience.and he will try his very best to anwer all your question without rushing to push you off for next patient..

Everything were good till my 2nd daughter were born in feb and was diagnosed from GBS... Group B Strep.. A baterial that attack new born baby.. In short.. If you want you can read about this on net.. A lot of gynae in singpaore will do GBS test during 37th week of pregnancy..and if positive you are required to take anti-biotics for 2 weeks before delivery so that your baby will not be at risk of catching it during normal virginal delivery.. UNFORTUNATELY our dear Dr LIM Beng Teck thinks that it is not necessary for this check and so i was not even aware about this kind of test is available..Ask him why he didn't tell me about this test he said that very very slim chance of catching these was all he told me...BUT MY daughter did catch it.. Went on drip for 2 weeks in nicu and recovered after that.. The thing is the agony of waiting for results and lots of tests done on my daughter which i feel it is not necessary if he would have tell us this test is available. It would have been my choice to take it or not and not for him to decide for me..

Overall he is still good but he will not be my gynae anymore in the future and its really up to you to decide...

**This is my personal opinion please decide on your own**

raeka

Hi angelatan77,
Is was sad to heard ur 2nd child got GBS . I only know it after reading ur post and search it.
Is ur child better already?
Pls take care.

Last edited:

MamabbJ

Dr TB Lim is very fatherly. He has great patience to explain many things.. if he is not urgently needed to deliver a baby!
I find him knowledgeable and professional. His fees are also very reasonable compared to other pte docs. My friend recommended him and she said, "He's the best"! Haa! Haa! He delivered her two kids recently. He is quite senior now but I am not sure if he is retiring.

About Group B streptococcal (GBS) one should go for this swab test during the last trimester. I did mine and was tested positive. I had to be put on antibiotics drip during labour, just hours before baby came. My baby is well and not affected by the GBS after labour.

Last edited:

ahber

Dr TB Lim is very fatherly. He has great patience to explain many things.. if he is not urgently needed to deliver a baby!
I find him knowledgeable and professional. His fees are also very reasonable compared to other pte docs. My friend recommended him and she said, "He's the best"! Haa! Haa! He delivered her two kids recently. He is quite senior now but I am not sure if he is retiring.

About Group B streptococcal (GBS) one should go for this swab test during the last trimester. I did mine and was tested positive. I had to be put on antibiotics drip during labour, just hours before baby came. My baby is well and not affected by the GBS after labour.
hi mamabbj, thanks for your information! Actually he was the whom delivered me when i was born.. hahaa so i am thinking if i should go back to him or find another gynae.. quite worried that he is going to retired halfway during my pregnancy..

YangYingYing

hi mamabbj, thanks for your information! Actually he was the whom delivered me when i was born.. hahaa so i am thinking if i should go back to him or find another gynae.. quite worried that he is going to retired halfway during my pregnancy..

Hi My 2cousin babies were delivered by him in 2013...

rEpuLsiOn

My girl was delivered by him in jun 2012.. very patience doctor.. and fatherly.. will not rush you and will answer your questions..

Omegablue

Hi, does anyone here remember what vitamins he used to prescribe? His clinic is closed now, so I can't ask him anymore. Thanks!