Dr Paul Tseng - TLC (in TMC)

bluechin

BMSG Moderator
He's got to be my favourite gynae! and my hubby's.

I had a female gynae (becos i was shy) for my 1st child. The experience was ok but can be better but with Paul for my 2nd birth.... i would say..... close to perfect!

He has hence became many other mummies' i know's favourite gynae too.

He's pro-natural birth and pro-breastfeeding too! :) and happy to work with doulas.

I would say feel free to ask him any questions and he will be happy to assist. Also let him know what sort of birth you intend to have and he would be happy to try to fulfill you wishes. gosh.. sounds like a genie..haha

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
Paul Tseng... what can I say? He's number 1 in my books when it comes to gynaes. It isn't bad that he's rather distinguished looking too... definite eye candy, in my opinion.

First met him when I was looking for a gynae who was willing to do a vaginal breech birth. Saw him at 37 weeks. He was willing to discuss taking over my case and what his preferences were. I doubt many gynaes are willing to take such a late patient! In the end I didn't go to him due to other factors... but he remained on my list of gynaes I like.

During my 3rd pregnancy, I finally got the green light to use a private doc. :Dancing_wub:paul Tseng was my 1st choice. I delayed going to him to save some costs. Finally saw him at 20 weeks when his package kicked in. I brought along my detailed scan (from the poly) and a request that I don't do the blood testing for HIV. He very kindly explained to me that it was the hospital's requirement and not his. When I asked him if I could go back to the poly to get it done... he said "I don't care where you do it. I just need the paper work!" Thought that was very fair of him. He only looked at the end result not how you get there.

Waiting times for appointments were short and sweet. The only time I really did wait - and at that only for abt 45 min - was when he was downstairs doing a delivery.

Appointments were either "hi-bye" sessions... if there were no issues to cover or long discussions over topics that I would raise. The longest appt I had was about an hour. I came with a notebook full of points I wanted to talk about. We talked about so many things and he gave me pros and cons to whatever I raised. He also expressed his preferences but said he was willing to negotiate.

I liked his ability to sense what to tell me and what not to. I remember asking him during the last weeks if my baby would be too big. He told me that it was gonna be the perfect size for me to deliver. No numbers given. When baby arrived at 4.15kg, I asked him if he knew it was gonna be more than 4 kg. He did but didn't want to add to my stress level and believed that I would birth baby with no problem. Smart guy! on hindsight... I'd have worried myself sick over a large baby!

When I told him I was still breastfeeding my almost 4... he said "good job!" and smiled.

With him, I really never had a moment's worry whether I'd make it through the birth. I knew he'd support my choices (after all, we'd discussed them thoroughly already) and help me out if need be.

I'd strongly recommend him to mothers who have taken the trouble to find out about the birth they are aiming for. He is a non-active management gynae who is pro-breastfeeding. He does breech births and VBACs. Has a low c-section rate.

My Destiny

I'm so glad I came across this thread! I juz found out I'm 5 weeks preggie with my 2nd bb and am looking for a good gynae in TMC.

My experience with my 1st gynae was ok... she was very professional but not personal... also she is getting very old (she delivered all my nieces and nephew... oldest 14 yrs old). I had placenta previa during my 1st pregnancy and had to have a ceasarian... so hoping to have a new gynae who will support my decision to hv a VBAC.

jopeck or bluechin, may I know which clinic I can find him? Able to let me hv his contact no so I can make an appt with him?

Tks!

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
First of all... CONGRATS!

Paul Tseng can be found at TLC Gynaecology Practice.

Address:
339 Thomson Rd #03-02 Thomson Medical Centre Singapore 307677
Telephone: 6254 2878

btw, the nurses are really friendly people too! willing to answer all my silly money questions. :)

My Destiny

Hi aby!
Tks! Looking forward to being pregnant again.... :Dancing_tongue:

jopeck
Tks! Will call up to make an appt, but my hubby alittle apprehensive abt male gynaes leh...:tconfused:

bluechin

BMSG Moderator
First of all... CONGRATS!

Paul Tseng can be found at TLC Gynaecology Practice.

Address:
339 Thomson Rd #03-02 Thomson Medical Centre Singapore 307677
Telephone: 6254 2878

btw, the nurses are really friendly people too! willing to answer all my silly money questions. :)
Yes i really like his nurses.. very chatty and always amazed that many of us are bfg during pregnancy and tandem nursing thereafter. :tlaugh: but i prefer their old uniform than the new ones they wear now. I just met Paul few weeks back for pap smear. Painless manzzz..... compared to my previous gynae. :)

bluechin

BMSG Moderator
My Destiny,

Congratulations! :) Enjoy your pregnancy :)

Ohh... i was the one that was apprehensive abt male gynaes but was happy with my decision with Paul. Hubby was more open minded. maybe you talk to DH and see what he says first?

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
Bluechin, yah... remember you asking about male gynaes... ha ha ha

MyDestiny, miss being preggy and having a newborn baby to hold... enjoy every stage ok? both the ups and the downs... remember important to relax and not get too stressed out about things. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! I'm considered pretty well read in this area... :)

jut

Hi Jo, Rebecca ***waves wildly***

Somehow I like male OB/GYN better. Personally, I find that they don't have the "I have been there" airs and more sensitive towards you. Yes, Paul Tseng is very gentle on the pap smear...the most gentle one I've been to! No discomfort at all!

My Destiny

bluechin, jopeck
Discussed with hubby, he said will leave decision to me but he is still skeptical... anyway, I went ahead to make an appt for next Tues since you guys hv such good experiences... ;-)

Will go for first appt den see if my hubby is comfortable with him or not...

aby

Pls share the package price etc with me.. USed to be a subsidised patient at KKSH but experiences really bad ah.. Thus if really can have #3, would like to deliver in private hospital.. Btw, does Dr Paul deliver at Mt A?

heehee, a gd fren told me he's v v handsome ah.. :shyxxx: How nice to have our bb delivered by handsome gynae.. The 1st person bb sees is him.. Hahaha.. If it's a boy, may he be as handsome as him ah!!! heehee..

Last edited:

bluechin

BMSG Moderator
Hi Jo, Rebecca ***waves wildly***

Somehow I like male OB/GYN better. Personally, I find that they don't have the "I have been there" airs and more sensitive towards you. Yes, Paul Tseng is very gentle on the pap smear...the most gentle one I've been to! No discomfort at all!
Jut! i agree! :)

btw, can u pm m yr real name? at the moment, cannot recall who is jut lah.... mummy's brain. :tlaugh:

bluechin

BMSG Moderator
bluechin, jopeck
Discussed with hubby, he said will leave decision to me but he is still skeptical... anyway, I went ahead to make an appt for next Tues since you guys hv such good experiences... ;-)

Will go for first appt den see if my hubby is comfortable with him or not...
yeah My_Destiny!

Prepare lots of qns to ask him . :) and if u are just say u r referred by us lah.... i think he is used to his clients knowing each other.....haah :tlaugh:... and sharing with each other abt him. :tlaugh:

bluechin

BMSG Moderator
heehee, a gd fren told me he's v v handsome ah.. :shyxxx: How nice to have our bb delivered by handsome gynae.. The 1st person bb sees is him.. Hahaha.. If it's a boy, may he be as handsome as him ah!!! heehee..
:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:my no 2 is a girl... lucky dun look like him. :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

Btw, does Dr Paul deliver at Mt A?
Yes he does! I delivered in Mt A :)

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
Aby, you can call up and ask them to fax the pricing list to you. They did that for me once.

MyDestiny... wanna see his pic? I can go dig one up. :p