Dr. Roland Cheing - Parkway East OR KKH

chweetgirl

Hi,

We are TTCing for a year now.
And I saw Dr. Roland Cheing in ast shore hospital from Oct'12.
He didn't say whats the problem till now. he say may be i got PCOS. Am confused.
Anybody got conceived after seeing him?

Can I continue with Dr.Roland Cheing / Can I go to KKH?
Please advice ?

Dollygal

Hi,

He didn't say whats the problem till now. he say may be i got PCOS. Am confused.

Can I continue with Dr.Roland Cheing / Can I go to Kandang Kerbau Hospital?
Please advice ?
Its really depends how comfortable u are with the gynae. I m w dr Roland since last year march. Just did a fresh cycle ivf under him few weeks ago..

he is my 5th gynae n 10 years, so far my hsb is comfortable w him. Some gynae just wants to earn ur $$ without sitting down to discuss wat cld b wrong..

Qookie

I used to see Marianne Hendricks at KKH. But i've heard she's now at TMC. She's a fantastic doctor! Very approachable and encouraging even though she might look like a youngster. Haha.

Hi,

Can I continue with Dr.Roland Cheing / Can I go to Kandang Kerbau Hospital?
Please advice ?
hi Chweetgirl,

What procedures are you doing with Dr Chieng? My first visit to him this afternoon. Learnt about his clinic when i did my first IUI when my hus went to Parkway East to get his little soldiers "washed". My first IUI was unsuccessful with another doc.

After i showed him my past reports and tests with my previous 2 gyn, he recommended :

Get my hus to test his sperms - incubate his sperms for 3 days to determine the sperm survival.
If no good, then it could be that i may have endo or blocked tubes which he will recommend laparoscopy. I can try naturally then. He said that if my tubes are blocked, no matter how many IUIs i do, they will not be successful...
If endo/ blocked tubes are not the cause, he recommends IVF.

What recommendations did he give for your case?

Gratz, Dollygal!! :)
What do you mean fresh IVF cycle? Do you mean first time IVF with him? How much did you spend in total? and what about the jabs and hormones? Did you have to take alot of time off work?
Sorry so many questions!