Dr tan kim teng at KKH

mizpham

Hi,
Am curious about your experience with Dr Tan. Did you go with her? I went to her based on blogs and her credentials, and what a disaster it was. She was as everyone described, person of few words, dont't ask dont't get an answer etc, which I didn't mind at all. But when it came to her professional skills, I have a few things to share. She performed a C section on me in december 2010. I had multiple UTI's after the surgery, which I thought nothing of.. just another side effect of a C section and child birth. I still get recurrent UTI's. When my scar healed and my stomach shrank back, I noticed that there were alot of dimpling around the cut. I asked her about this during my 6 week-post-op visit, she told me that it is normal and should go away. She also caused excruciating pain performing a PAP smear, which should NOT hurt. The dimpling still hasn't gone away, my baby is almost 11 month old. I recently visit my obstetrician in Australia to get a second opinion re: dimpling scar and recurrent UTI's, and he said that my scar is due to bad surgery. She's stitched the different layers together, so scarring of the lower layers are pulling on the top skin, causing the dimples. This can only be corrected my surgery. My recurrent UTI's need to be further investigated with a urethrascope. I would love to take legal ation to make her pay for the cost of corrective surgery but I just dont't have the time, energy or money to flight a legal case. Just thought people should know this about Dr Tan Kim Teng before making any decisions.

jaslyn76

Hi,
Am curious about your experience with Dr Tan. Did you go with her? I went to her based on blogs and her credentials, and what a disaster it was. She was as everyone described, person of few words, dont't ask dont't get an answer etc, which I didn't mind at all. But when it came to her professional skills, I have a few things to share. She performed a C section on me in december 2010. I had multiple UTI's after the surgery, which I thought nothing of.. just another side effect of a C section and child birth. I still get recurrent UTI's. When my scar healed and my stomach shrank back, I noticed that there were alot of dimpling around the cut. I asked her about this during my 6 week-post-op visit, she told me that it is normal and should go away. She also caused excruciating pain performing a PAP smear, which should NOT hurt. The dimpling still hasn't gone away, my baby is almost 11 month old. I recently visit my obstetrician in Australia to get a second opinion re: dimpling scar and recurrent UTI's, and he said that my scar is due to bad surgery. She's stitched the different layers together, so scarring of the lower layers are pulling on the top skin, causing the dimples. This can only be corrected my surgery. My recurrent UTI's need to be further investigated with a urethrascope. I would love to take legal ation to make her pay for the cost of corrective surgery but I just dont't have the time, energy or money to flight a legal case. Just thought people should know this about Dr Tan Kim Teng before making any decisions.
mizpham, how is yr condition now? How i wish i have seek yr advice before my delivery. I do have bad experience from Dr Tan as well...hai

mizpham

Hi,
Sorry to mention my name is Kim :)
My aus obs think that the recurrent uti may be due to stitches in my bladder as I've never had uti's before, even after the birth of my first child. I will let you kno after I have the scope in january. When did you have your baby?
What sort of problem are you experiencing?
My scar still looks awful. Am seeing a plastic surgeon to see how much it costs to fix
Kim.

dalin

Hi jaslyn76,

Could you share with me what happen? I am currently seeing Dr Tan too...So far I find her ok after 2 consultation. She dont talk a lot, always like in a rush, but no bad attitude. Her nurses seems pretty stress though. I choose her becos she was recommended by one of my sister's colleague.

jaslyn76

I gave birth in june. Till now, i yet to recovered from the delivery. Thinking to seek another opinion. But who can I trust?

dwarfs8

I gave birth in june. Till now, i yet to recovered from the delivery. Thinking to seek another opinion. But who can I trust?
hi jaslyn, i saw your case and i feel your pain. I have a d&c cos of my missed miscarriage in apr, it was done by Prof Tan Hak Koon from SGH, and i healed very nicely. In fact, i don't even feel i had the d&c. You might want to consider him...

mizpham

Hi jaslyn,
I hope you find someone who can fix your problem soon. My recovery was also long and painful but it has healed. Hang in there.
Kim.