Dr WK Tan - TMC

Hi

my 2 boys are delvered by Dr WK Tan, june'06 and May'08. she is great...My 2nd delivery, I arrived at Hospital at 410am and Dr Tan arrived in 10 mins and see me through my entire delivery.... and I delivered at 431am. She is a professional and very experienced dr. thumbs up for her...

madalene

Hi

my 2 boys are delvered by Dr WK Tan, june'06 and May'08. she is great...My 2nd delivery, I arrived at Hospital at 410am and Dr Tan arrived in 10 mins and see me through my entire delivery.... and I delivered at 431am. She is a professional and very experienced dr. thumbs up for her...
Thanks for sharing your experience with me.
Did you go thru Natural delivery with or without Epi?
Her stitching ok?

I like her very much too. Always calm and patient but her queue is always the longest in the clinic... :embarrassed:

my 1st boy is with epi, my 2nd boy no time for epi....when i went to the hospital i was already 9 cm dilated.....ya indeed she is very professional, she is very motherly, she has lots of patients, and she is very assuring. she very pro natural though, i wanted c sect for my 2nd, she assure i can deliver thru natural and unless my boy is 3.9 she will then do a c sect, bcoz after delivering my 1st boy at 3.6kg at 38 wks i was frighten, but in the end i delivered my 2nd boy at 36 wks 3.28kg. are you seeing her now?

madalene

my 1st boy is with epi, my 2nd boy no time for epi....when i went to the hospital i was already 9 cm dilated.....ya indeed she is very professional, she is very motherly, she has lots of patients, and she is very assuring. she very pro natural though, i wanted c sect for my 2nd, she assure i can deliver thru natural and unless my boy is 3.9 she will then do a c sect, bcoz after delivering my 1st boy at 3.6kg at 38 wks i was frighten, but in the end i delivered my 2nd boy at 36 wks 3.28kg. are you seeing her now?

Yup, i am seeing her now.
My EDD is 10 Oct. Now seeing her every 2 weeks for these 2 appts.
Problem is, my baby is still in breech position. Dr Tan tried to manually shift her but not quite successful. Still waiting for her next advise. Whether i can go natural or not. I heard most docs do C section in this type of cases. Not sure what she will say in the coming visit...

But i must agree with you, she is really very motherly and assuring...
That is why i still continue her even the waiting time is so long...
Will be refering her to my fren too.

Hi

Dr Tan is a very experience dr, She will do her utmost to assist you. maybe ur little girl decides to go in position last min....did Dr tan mention that you will deliver earlier etc? I think most mummies delivers their babies early, very few at the exact 40 weeks.

me too refered a friend to her, and she likes her a lot. but 1 or 2 others said her charges are expensive. but i did some comparison, her charges are not that expensive. its still reasonable.

Last edited:

swee

Dr WK Tan is very motherly and very very experience.. She delivered my baby on 25/08/2008. I was overdue by 1 week and she did not worry over it. Unlike my colleague who is also overdue, she have to go back to the clinic everyday to perform VE which is very uncomfortable... She took the effort to visit you twice a day despite her busy schedule.

She also operated on me for my ovarian cyst when I am 16 weeks preggy.... Everything went well.

But she have a very long Q. Will go back to her if I hit the jackpot again...

madalene

Hi

Dr Tan is a very experience dr, She will do her utmost to assist you. maybe ur little girl decides to go in position last min....did Dr tan mention that you will deliver earlier etc? I think most mummies delivers their babies early, very few at the exact 40 weeks.

me too refered a friend to her, and she likes her a lot. but 1 or 2 others said her charges are expensive. but i did some comparison, her charges are not that expensive. its still reasonable.
Ok, thanks for the info.
Really feel even more at ease with her now...
hopefully my gal will turn soon... Dr Tan have not mentioned that yet. Maybe next few visits, i think...
So she can tell whether i will have earlier delivery ah...
Yup, i heard also, most 1st born are usu earlier (before 40th weeks), hope mine too...:tlaugh:

madalene

Dr WK Tan is very motherly and very very experience.. She delivered my baby on 25/08/2008. I was overdue by 1 week and she did not worry over it. Unlike my colleague who is also overdue, she have to go back to the clinic everyday to perform VE which is very uncomfortable... She took the effort to visit you twice a day despite her busy schedule.

She also operated on me for my ovarian cyst when I am 16 weeks preggy.... Everything went well.

But she have a very long Q. Will go back to her if I hit the jackpot again...

Wow, you are one very lucky Mum - 25th (just after the 17th Aug announcement)...:Dancing_tongue:Wow, ok, now i feel more confident with her...
Thanks for the info...

renagoh27

Hi all,

I m oso seeing Wk Tan. Tis is my 2nd baby. My 1st gal was delivered by her on 01june07 and my next edd is on 01march09.

Ya, I agree tat she is reali professional. And her waitg time is oso super long...

Oh, I heard fm some frends tt her charges are consider expensive too.. Nt too sure as i didnt scout ard coz she is recommended by frend..

Heard Zoe Tay's baby was delivered by her too...

All d best to all mommies seeing her.. Be patient waitg..

Hi all,

I m oso seeing Wk Tan. Tis is my 2nd baby. My 1st gal was delivered by her on 01june07 and my next edd is on 01march09.

Ya, I agree tat she is reali professional. And her waitg time is oso super long...

Oh, I heard fm some frends tt her charges are consider expensive too.. Nt too sure as i didnt scout ard coz she is recommended by frend..

Heard Zoe Tay's baby was delivered by her too...

All d best to all mommies seeing her.. Be patient waitg..
Hi Renagoh27

ya, I saw Zoe Tay there when i was there for 1 of my check ups last yr....in fact i think dr Tan delivered many celebraties babies....many of my friends also says she is expensive when i intro them.....but i feel her charges are worth it..both my boys are delivered by her too....my 2nd was in May'08.....

solitaire

Dr Tan is very professional. My 3 kids were delivered by her (2002, 2003 & 2007). She is great !

My 1st child was delivered via C-Sect due to low-laying placenta.

My 2nd child was delivered naturally (greatly encouraged by her - I was 14 months from my 1st delivery). When my 2nd child was diagnosed with infantile spasm (epilepsy)at 10 weeks old, I went to see her without any appointment. She saw me immediately and spent a good 25 mins consoling me, finding out the conditions and even advised me to get the diagnosis from the neurologist. When I forwarded her the info, she checked out cases and medical information and call me personally to provide more advices. Unfortunately, my girl's case was confirmed by the neurologist that it was due to some cell migration during pregnacy, not of any caused from labour delivery.

When I found out I was pregnant with my 3rd child, I went to see her with worries and anxiety. When she saw me, she asked about my 2nd child's well-being first. She is so caring. She remembers all the children's names. During the whole pregnancy, she kept me going with assurance and encouragement. I felt so comfortable and safe. When I had my 20-weeks full scan, she came back to me that all were well and assured me that a 'very' thorough scan had been done.

When I arrived at the hospital for the delivery on a Sunday morning at 6.25am, I was already 10 cm dilated. She arrived in 10 mins. And that naughty little one was delivered at 6.55am. She even joked with me while stitching me that if I am to deliver my 4th, I must get the nurse to call her while I am on my way to the hospital so that she can wait for me at the door to deliver the baby. Ha ha ha ....

Sure missed seeing her, despite of the long queue ..... Expensive ? She is worth every cents. In fact, she charged me the old rate as my 1st 2 delivery when I delivered my 3rd child, knowing my financial constraint of rising a special needs child and me not working.

Greatly recommended !

smiley811

My first baby girl was delivered by Dr WK Tan on 19 Oct 07. My EDD then was between 8 Oct to 16 Oct 07. Dr Tan couldn't give me an exact date cos my menses wasn't regular and I couldn't provide her with my last menses date.

On 18 Oct 07, Dr Tan told me that my water bag should burst that night, otherwise I would have to check in to the hospital the first thing next morning. Boy she was right. My water bag burst at 1am on 19 Oct 07. How accurate can she be man???

It took me 12 hours to give birth to my baby girl. Despite her heavy work schedule, Dr Tan came in several times to check on me.

After delivery, I was being pushed to the ward. I booked the 4 bedded room but was upgraded to a 2 bedded one with no extra charge.

The following day, I was advised to go to the toilet. I was so afraid that the wound would hurt but miraculously, it didn't. No pain at all, I swear. So this goes to show how terrific Dr Tan's stitching skill is.

I know I am in good hands and I totally trust Dr Tan and the nurses at TMC. That is why I am back with them now for my second one who is expected to be due on 1 June 2009.

Her queue is long BUT what to do??? This goes to show that she is truly good ma... everybody wants her... :p

blessed25

My first baby girl was delivered by Dr WK Tan on 19 Oct 07. My EDD then was between 8 Oct to 16 Oct 07. Dr Tan couldn't give me an exact date cos my menses wasn't regular and I couldn't provide her with my last menses date.

On 18 Oct 07, Dr Tan told me that my water bag should burst that night, otherwise I would have to check in to the hospital the first thing next morning. Boy she was right. My water bag burst at 1am on 19 Oct 07. How accurate can she be man???

It took me 12 hours to give birth to my baby girl. Despite her heavy work schedule, Dr Tan came in several times to check on me.

After delivery, I was being pushed to the ward. I booked the 4 bedded room but was upgraded to a 2 bedded one with no extra charge.

The following day, I was advised to go to the toilet. I was so afraid that the wound would hurt but miraculously, it didn't. No pain at all, I swear. So this goes to show how terrific Dr Tan's stitching skill is.

I know I am in good hands and I totally trust Dr Tan and the nurses at Thomson Medical Center. That is why I am back with them now for my second one who is expected to be due on 1 June 2009.

Her queue is long BUT what to do??? This goes to show that she is truly good ... everybody wants her... :p

wow... finally found this thread... i'm with Dr WK Tan too.. after reading the mummies replies here.... now i'm so assured that i'm in good hands... :Dancing_wub: