Dr Yam Pei Yuan John

yenne

I just delivered in the first week of jan, via c-sect due to low lying placenta, engaged dr John yam and love his service! a very caring and nice gynae, will remember names and always check if i have any bleeding due to my condition; he is also v patient in answering any doubts that you may have and will also give advice on how to take care of yourself during pregnancy.
overall I love his service and even though I was initially quite worried about whether his stitching skills is good (lol) as I didnt see myself going for c-sect, but he have proven to me that he is v well trained! my stitches looks neat and I could get dwn my bed next day after the surgery.
However, do keep in mind that his night clinic at boon lay mrt is almost always packed with patient and thus waiting time might b abit long.. prefer to go to his gleneagles clinic.
price wise also quite reasonable as his package is cheaper than other west side gynae. :))

vel

I am been seeing dr john since day 1 , first time mum . his service is quiet fast each time less than an hr we will end (short waiting time) , we are not a very detail parent din have much questions just good enough to know the bb is well . now entering 3rd trim thinking where to give birth, I think I should speak to his nurse at glen eagles. does his clinic have a package price for delivery at glen eagles?

adlinzul

I am been seeing dr john since day 1 , first time mum . his service is quiet fast each time less than an hr we will end (short waiting time) , we are not a very detail parent din have much questions just good enough to know the bb is well . now entering 3rd trim thinking where to give birth, I think I should speak to his nurse at glen eagles. does his clinic have a package price for delivery at glen eagles?
hey pls call the clinic & check ya coz his clinic is at Gleneagles..

Liamo

No, his clinic doesn't tie with any hospital but the nurse will recommend Gleneagles as he can constantly come to check on you while he is seeing his patients at his clinic. He came to check on me 2-3 times when I was in the delivery suite which made me felt secure.

Kimjames

Hi, I'm also seeing Dr. John Yam. For those who chose or are choosing to have the baby at gleneagles, is there any discount because he is a resident doctor there? And r u guys choosing 1 bedder or 2 bedder? Thanks!!

vel

Yes they do have package price with gleneagles . You can get the price list from the clinic , recently the nurse inform hospital is raising their price soon . So better to do pre admission to lock down the old price

extensa74

No, his clinic doesn't tie with any hospital but the nurse will recommend Gleneagles as he can constantly come to check on you while he is seeing his patients at his clinic. He came to check on me 2-3 times when I was in the delivery suite which made me felt secure.

Hi Liamo,

I am also seeing Dr John Yam and my EDD is 30 May. We have not discussed any package yet. Hence, if you can share your bill size would be nice. Did you choose a 1 bedder or 2 bedder? Was it a normal delivery or c-sec? How was his skills like? Was there any pain after that?

Liamo

Oh my bill size was around 6.5k one bedded normal assisted delivery with epi. Everything went smoothly. I am on epi so didn't experience much pain.

Kimjames

Hi, I gave birth on 19th Jan 2013 with Dr. John Yam. Mine was an elective C-Section. 2 Bedder at Gleneagles, 4 days 3 nights, total cost was $6,867.05. Medisave claimed $3950.00. But My son was down with jaundice on the day that we were meant to discharge, so ended up paying another $1400 to tan my son and for me to board for 1 more day. One suggestion is that on the 2nd day or 3rd day, if you see your baby has slight jaundice, ask to put him for tanning straightaway so that there will not be any additional cost for you or your baby! My C Section was great, I chose it cause I'm generally scared of pain and didn't want to go through a natural birth. I was walking the next day! Dr. John Yam is great, I would recommend him to anyone! =)

extensa74

Hi Liamo,

Thanks for your reply. Your total bill is $6.5K - one bedded normal assisted delivery with epi?? How much cash did you pay and how much is medisave part? Tml I will be seeing him .. hopefully his nurse will start to discuss with me. I am also considering the 1 bedded. But am not sure if i can have normal delivery as my BP Is high and is having a thyroid condition as well.

Liamo

There's a cap for claiming of Cpf. I can't remember the exact but it's 2k plus. The rest will be in cash. Ya you can ask the nurse and she can help you to book the gleneagles tour so you can understand more about the bill size and room.

Mary200676

I m also seeing dr yam , my first pre, so far so gd. But we yet to discuss about package, my edd is 2 nov , still don't know which hospital to choose.