dream feed necessary?

shi_san_yee

my son is sort of sleeping through the night, 10pm to 4am since he reach 3rd mth. i read abt dream feeding, which is to feed baby while he's sleeping instead of waiting for him to demand. i tried it a few times to dream feed him at 12+ or before i sleep so he wakes up slightly later, 5 or 6am. i'm also doing it coz he's not been gaining weight. is it advisable to dream feed, do any mummies do it?

apollo

i dun dream feed ds once he slp thur night, so i find it unnecessary since he alrdy slp thru and they have to learn to slp thru the night. if you keep dream feed him and 1 day you didnt do so, he will wake up for milk. It's like becoming a habit. i only dream feed ds at 7am to start his day, then he will go back to slp aft milk. if not, his 1st meal (milk) of the day can start as late as 10am..

And i feel that your baby's weight is okay. 6.5kilo right? actu some babies, from 3-4 mths onwards, weight gain will not be much and obvious while some babies will slow down in their weight gain from 6mth old. as long as he is not losing weight, nth to wry abt.

now u're wrying that he didnt gain weight, few mths later when he starts to cralw and walk, some babies not only didnt gain, might lost 100-200 grams..

Ashbaby

I dont dream feed DS, his last feed is ard 10pm and he will need to tk that feed before going to slp. He slp ard 10pm and wakes up ard 6plus in the morning.

shi_san_yee

he not losing weight, but i notice he's taking 500-600ml of ebm a day. it used to be 700-800ml a mth ago. now feeding less often with no increase in amt each feed so i did the dream feed. i guess i'm just a bit too paranoid.

apollo

he not losing weight, but i notice he's taking 500-600ml of ebm a day. it used to be 700-800ml a month ago. now feeding less often with no increase in amt each feed so i did the dream feed. i guess i'm just a bit too paranoid.
have u try to increase his milk intake in the day instead of dream feeding him at midnight? since ur bb is taking EBM, u can try to increase 10-20ml for each feed and see if he can finish?

shi_san_yee

have you try to increase his milk intake in the day instead of dream feeding him at midnight? since your baby is taking EBM, you can try to increase 10-20ml for each feed and see if he can finish?
yah i've tried. very rarely can he finish. in fact at 100ml, he will leave behind 10, sometimes 20ml., and he's feeding ard 3 hrly, which i think is too little for his age.

apollo

yah i've tried. very rarely can he finish. in fact at 100ml, he will leave behind 10, sometimes 20ml., and he's feeding around 3 hrly, which i think is too little for his age.
honestly speaking, if he cant drink much, there is nth much u can do also.. my nephew is ard 5mth old but when he was ard 3mth+, i rmb my cousin told me tt he was drinking 150-180ml every 5hrs.. i think he also dun drink much if we count by every 24hrs.. my cousin will gif him lik 4 hrs but he also cant drink much. only 5hrs he can drink. haha