Drinking time

apollo

Hi mummies chech with you my boy now 1mth plus he drink milk at around 11plus then after that stretch till 3plus wake up want to have milk but when drink half way he vomit the milk out izzit because that he drink till sleep or stretch for too long hours ald??? Izzit ok when he vomit the milk out huh???
if ur baby vomits more than half of the milk out and everyday, is not a good thing. ds last time also. he will vomit almost all the milk out, everyday, sometimes 3-4 times a day.. his pd gave him some medi but still the same aft a week so he wanted ds to admit hospital due to 'merlion-ing' more than 3x a day.. he was on medication ard 1-2 weeks aft he discharged. if ur baby is vomit more than half of the milk out everyday, i suggest u to bring him to a pd for a check, to see if it is normal. cos from what i noe, vomiting a small amount of milk everyday is normal, but definitely not alot.. =)

apollo

anw, ds is still drinking milk every 3 hourly, he is now 7mth old alrdy.. i didnt stop him actually cos he will cry and wail v badly if he wants milk, dun give, he will wail and scream on the top of his lungs! exactly lik a newborn baby.. tsk tsk...

elaineyeo

Does he normally vomit milk out when burping? Does he also vomit milk out after naps?

It's quite normal for babies to vomit some milk out when they are trying to burp.
Hi diymummy he vomit when drinking halfway thru not finishing his milk yet...

elaineyeo

anw, dear son is still drinking milk every 3 hourly, he is now 7mth old alrdy.. i didnt stop him actually cos he will cry and wail very badly if he wants milk, dont give, he will wail and scream on the top of his lungs! exactly lik a newborn baby.. tsk tsk...

Hi reginakoh, my boy juz nw vomit out when drinking halfway btw did the doc say y izzit so ma when vomit milk out? Wats the cause oj vomittng?

diymummy

Hi elaineyeo,

My son does that at times. I've also checked with my PD and he thinks it's ok. Just like what regina mummy said. If he seem to have vomited abt half of his feed then it is not a good thing. But if the other feeds are ok, it should be ok.

My boy tends to vomit more milk after a long stretch of no milk because of air build up in his tummy.

If you're worried, do bring him down to a PD. Or think it is unusual, or your baby looks like he's in pain, also bring him to see a doctor.

My baby up till now is also feeding every 3 hrs. Just that his last feed is at 8pm and first feed at either 5am or 8am.

The vomitting will get better as your baby gets older. The usual cause of vomiting is the immaturity of the valve that connects the stomach to the throat.

apollo

Hi reginakoh, my boy just now vomit out when drinking halfway btw did the doc say why izzit so when vomit milk out? Wats the cause oj vomittng?
cos ds has mild reflux.. he will drink milk halfway, cried, but he was VERY hungry.. den aft milk, he will vomit out everything. sometimes he will vomited even b4 we burp him, or sometimes everything will come out tgt when he burp. aft vomiting, he kept crying.

hw many times ur baby vomit a day??

elaineyeo

Hi elaineyeo,

My son does that at times. I've also checked with my pediatrician and he thinks it's ok. Just like what regina mummy said. If he seem to have vomited about half of his feed then it is not a good thing. But if the other feeds are ok, it should be ok.

My boy tends to vomit more milk after a long stretch of no milk because of air build up in his tummy.

If you're worried, do bring him down to a pediatrician. Or think it is unusual, or your baby looks like he's in pain, also bring him to see a doctor.

My baby up till now is also feeding every 3 hours. Just that his last feed is at 8pm and first feed at either 5am or 8am.

The vomitting will get better as your baby gets older. The usual cause of vomiting is the immaturity of the valve that connects the stomach to the throat.

Hi diymummy thanks for your info cos i feel that he sometime wan to sleep as well as wan to drink so drink till he fall asleep and nv swollow the milk thats y will vomit the milk out. But after the vomit he can smile at you... Omg!

diymummy

LOL!!!

I think if your baby have had enough in the day, it's ok to stretch him longer at night.

When my baby sleep feeds, he also tend to choke and then cough until vomit.

My boy also has reflux problem. Usually they will outgrow it. Especially when they start solids at abt 6 mths. Usually for reflux, the milk vomitted out smells a bit sourish.

Ting

iirc, pin from young takes abt 5-10 mins to finish her milk.. very fast! zapzap n she is done. :D

elaineyeo

LOL!!!

I think if your baby have had enough in the day, it's ok to stretch him longer at night.

When my baby sleep feeds, he also tend to choke and then cough until vomit.

My boy also has reflux problem. Usually they will outgrow it. Especially when they start solids at about 6 mths. Usually for reflux, the milk vomitted out smells a bit sourish.
Oic.. cos mine boy drinking time is 3-3.5hrs interval so should be ok ba...

All mummies,

My son is about 2 months plus. can I know when you start to set your baby routine time?

My son last feeding is between 11pm to 12:30am and his feeding time is about 30-45mins.

If I feed him about 12:30am, he will wake up about 5:30am. Last night my baby feeding time is 11:30pm but he wake up about 4:30am.

Next week I am going back to work, a bit worry to manage my baby in the morning time. I need to pump before go to work and worry baby will make noise when I pump out the milk. :embarrassed:

Notice at night he can only sleep maximum 5 hours, is it normal?
I start my boy on a routine since he is born... at 7plus pm i wipe him n change him into his sleepsuit.. and bring him to the room, dim the lights and on the aircon... then he know is sleeping time... so by 8plus pm after his feed he will sleep... initially he wake up at 2am for feed... slowly i drag his feed to 5am... but gave him his last feed at 11pm...
now he can sleep from 8-9 plus pm (drink his last feed at abt 9pm) and sleep till 7am-8am before his next feed .. =D

actually 5 hours is really v good... slowly can lengthen the time.. try give him pacifier if he asks for milk at night... or give him water... thats wat my friends taught me... he knows it is not milk and u won't give milk then sooner or later he got the message and will not wake up for feed.. =)

hakisumi

These few days Graham use abt 20mins to finish his milk which is a gd sign..slpg time still training in process...omg!! Maybe he know I complain 3 days ago slpt at 1230 last night 12 just now 1130..pretty good..hehe

Last edited:

elaineyeo

cos dear son has mild reflux.. he will drink milk halfway, cried, but he was VERY hungry.. then after milk, he will vomit out everything. sometimes he will vomited even before we burp him, or sometimes everything will come out together when he burp. after vomiting, he kept crying.

hw many times your baby vomit a day??

Hi reginakoh my son not vomit daily is sometime will like that think he drink till fall asleep and din swollow the milk in... ya btw wat is reflux? Mine recently juz change milk powder but drink halfway thru he cry and dun wanna drink izzit because of changing milk powder for him? But drinking halfway cry and screaming like thunder ald he continue drink finished and burp.

hakisumi

reflux is throw up n come out from nose,
(correct me if i am wrong) LOL

sometimes graham also drk till sleep (snores) den i pull out the teats or knock on his btle.. he ll wake up den he know he havent fns his milk...

diymummy

Reflux is regurgitating milk in general. The milk is usually sourish in smell. It happens coz the valve between tummy and throat is not developed. It's sourish coz the stomach acid comes out along with the milk. It's something like heartburn so it's painful for babies. Babies with reflux usually arch their back when they drink milk and they feel like throwing up.

elaineyeo

reflux is throw up n come out from nose,
(correct me if i am wrong) LOL

sometimes graham also drk till sleep (snores) then i pull out the teats or knock on his btle.. he ll wake up then he know he havent fns his milk...
Oic... Mine only throw up from his mouth only so i think it ok. Thanks alot!