droidone

alvingigi

Hi my baby is 2 months now, I am not sure I have enough milk for her cos my breast is so soft if I feed baby 3 hours, unless I wait for about 6 hours then I will feel "explode", I also take the droidone and fenugreek, but still same...

cmeilim

dragging the nursing sessions will not help to increase supply, with or without those supplements. u need to nurse your baby as often as you can, regardless of how your breasts feel, so that your body will get the 'message' that there is a lot of demand, and hence will naturally increase supply.

gundam00

Hi my baby is 2 months now, I am not sure I have enough milk for her cos my breast is so soft if I feed baby 3 hours, unless I wait for about 6 hours then I will feel "explode", I also take the droidone and fenugreek, but still same...
Hi alvingigi

It's a common myth that soft breasts mean no milk. After our milk supply stablizes in the first month, our breasts will seem soft but there's definitely still milk! I know it feels very different from the first 2 weeks when the milk first comes in and our breasts feel very hard. But trust me, there's sufficient milk in soft breasts too! Please continue to let your baby latch as often as needed and don't wait until you feel like exploding cause that means you're engorged already!

alvingigi

Hi alvingigi

It's a common myth that soft breasts mean no milk. After our milk supply stablizes in the first month, our breasts will seem soft but there's definitely still milk! I know it feels very different from the first 2 weeks when the milk first comes in and our breasts feel very hard. But trust me, there's sufficient milk in soft breasts too! Please continue to let your baby latch as often as needed and dont't wait until you feel like exploding cause that means you're engorged already!
I heard that if baby has 6-8 diapers per day means has enough milk, so even my breast is soft my baby still has enough milk right? My baby needs to drink milk every 1-2 hour each times. Do I have to give her milk powder?I just afraid milk powder cause her astriction( she doesn't like to drink water or glucose)...

I heard that if baby has 6-8 diapers per day means has enough milk, so even my breast is soft my baby still has enough milk right? My baby needs to drink milk every 1-2 hour each times. Do I have to give her milk powder?I just afraid milk powder cause her astriction( she doesn't like to drink water or glucose)...
Ya, I think even ur breast is soft, it will got milk.. My gal drink milk(EBM) every 2hr when she was at her 2nd mths..

My gal is 3mths++ now... she started to take FM at her 1st mth (few days once and once a week now) so that she can used to FM if I got no milk in future..

I seldom feed my gal water as well cox doc said EBM = water, but nanny feed her water frequently esp hot weather and she did take some water now.. mayb u can mix with some gripe water and try to feed her, and start from there, day by day feed bit bit water..

allycat

My breasts are usually soft when I'm at home as I feed on demand, even now. They only get harder when I'm working as I only pump 2-3 times.

alvingigi

Ya, I think even your breast is soft, it will got milk.. My gal drink milk(EBM) every 2hr when she was at her 2nd mths..

My gal is 3mths++ now... she started to take FM at her 1st month (few days once and once a week now) so that she can used to FM if I got no milk in future..

I seldom feed my gal water as well cox doc said EBM = water, but nanny feed her water frequently esp hot weather and she did take some water now.. mayb you can mix with some gripe water and try to feed her, and start from there, day by day feed bit bit water..
So, does it mean I have enough milk for my baby?no need to add milk powder? When I breastfeed my baby( I breast is soft), my baby keep sucking,does it mean there is enough milk , so baby willing to suck? If there is no milk, baby will not suck?

So, does it mean I have enough milk for my baby?no need to add milk powder? When I breastfeed my baby( I breast is soft), my baby keep sucking,does it mean there is enough milk , so baby willing to suck? If there is no milk, baby will not suck?
If ur baby didn't cry after latch on, and ur baby pee a lot, then mean ur baby have enough milk, no nd to add milk powder., but u can buy and standby.. tis wat I did..

For me, normally I will try to use my hand to press the breast to see whether got milk come out o not after baby let go nipple herself and sleep (let go themselves at least after 15min, sometime they let go due to they fall in sleep and got to wake them up to continue suck), if got, mean got milk for her, and since she no cry, then mean enough milk.. I think when there is no milk and when baby is hungry, sure will cry out instead of keep sucking..

alvingigi

If your baby didn't cry after latch on, and your baby pee a lot, then mean your baby have enough milk, no need to add milk powder., but you can buy and standby.. tis what I did..

For me, normally I will try to use my hand to press the breast to see whether got milk come out o not after baby let go nipple herself and sleep (let go themselves at least after 15min, sometime they let go due to they fall in sleep and got to wake them up to continue suck), if got, mean got milk for her, and since she no cry, then mean enough milk.. I think when there is no milk and when baby is hungry, sure will cry out instead of keep sucking..
Thanks lovelyo315 :)
I have tried fenugreek and droidone, both didn't work for me, it worried me a lot. My baby pee at least 6-8times per day, I press my breast after she goes nipple , there still have milk comes out. From what you say, I think I have enough milk for her even my breast is soft.

I have tried fenugreek and droidone, both didn't work for me, it worried me a lot. My baby pee at least 6-8times per day, I press my breast after she goes nipple , there still have milk comes out. From what you say, I think I have enough milk for her even my breast is soft.
try to drink more water/soup.. don take snacks/cold food... I didn't keep fit since delivered, to make sure supply wont drop cox worry eat less = supply less.. of course wont eat tat many as when pregnant la, got cut bit bit la :p my weight still keep dropping.. still got few kg to back to the weight before delivered..

allycat

Besides taking lots of fluid, u can also try taking oats. I take quaker oats whenever my supply seems low and it works for me.

gundam00

Yes alvingigi, don't worry too much. From what you've said in this thread, definitely sounds like you have enough milk. :) Don't need to supplement or your baby may not drink enough from you and your milk supply will drop.