Ds doesn't like milk

CynCyn

Hi all .
My Ds is 8 months plus . It started from last week whenever I feed him he sees the milk bottle he will push my hands away continuosly . I've got to use alot of ways to bluff him into drinking his milk . Then recently , when he sees the milk bottle he starts pushing away and refuse to open his mouth . But when I fed him water he readily drank alot . If he refuses to budge I will give him water . But when he sees me giving him milk instead he pushes my hands away . I've got to let him hold my handphone then bluff him to drink . Tt's my last resort . But i do not want to make it a habit tt he plays while drinking .
In the past whenever he sees the milk he will turn towards his right and open his mouth ready to drink .
It can't be due to colic as he doesn't cry unneccessarily .
And when I fed him porridge he only eat up till half a bowl or a few mouthful and he refuse to eat anymore . In the past I've no problem feeding him 1 bowl of porridge .
I can't think of any other possibilities on why he refuse to eat .
Shld I bring him to a PD ?
I use to bring DS to PD regarding the same issue as well and she only gave me an appetite booster for DS .
Or is he just being playful ? It's getting very irritating whenever it comes to feeding higm . :nah:

LoVeS

i tink u should bring him to PD n check wats the problem, coz it cant b colic since he is already 9mths old n futhermore too long dun take milk not really gd for him aso.

maine78

cyncyn, i'm facing an exact situation as u do! Everyday, i'll face at least once tat ds dun wan drink milk n he will push the milk away.. When this happens, i also try all ways n means to let him drink his milk. Feeding time can take as long as 1 1/2hr but if heng, 30mins he can finish. Sometimes, i get so frustrated tat i will push the bottle into his mouth n he will cry n i feel so guilty aftertat.. I dunno izzit bcoz he's teething tat's y he doesn't want milk. Cereal also he dun eat much.. I did ask the pd during the last visit n he say my ds is a fussy eater n he get sick of drinking the same milk everyday. He gave me diff flavours of cereal samples n say to increase his cereal feeding to 2x a day if ds still dun want milk.

CynCyn

cyncyn, i'm facing an exact situation as u do! Everyday, i'll face at least once tat ds dun wan drink milk n he will push the milk away.. When this happens, i also try all ways n means to let him drink his milk. Feeding time can take as long as 1 1/2hr but if heng, 30mins he can finish. Sometimes, i get so frustrated tat i will push the bottle into his mouth n he will cry n i feel so guilty aftertat.. I dunno izzit bcoz he's teething tat's y he doesn't want milk. Cereal also he dun eat much.. I did ask the pd during the last visit n he say my ds is a fussy eater n he get sick of drinking the same milk everyday. He gave me diff flavours of cereal samples n say to increase his cereal feeding to 2x a day if ds still dun want milk.
Maine , ya lo same boat . I get so agitated and piss off everytime this happens . I also force into his mouth then he starts crying i cant control my anger . Then i'll feel guilty like how u do . Solid he oso dun want . So confusing . I was thinking of bringing Ds to PD but DH say dun want cos PD sure say same thing like what yr PD told u . Bcos this not the first time it happens and PD told me maybe he getting sick of milk and only prescribe a appetite booster . But now he knows when im giving him milk he sees the bottle he makes those close mouth tight tight kinda look to me and slaps my hand away umpteen times . So pek cek man . Im so worried if he's stomach there's something wrong or what .

CynCyn

Brought DS to PD , kena fever liao . Then PD say tt DS has intestine virus or bacteria something like tt .

Anyone experience the same thing ?

maine78

Brought DS to PD , kena fever liao . Then PD say tt DS has intestine virus or bacteria something like tt .

Anyone experience the same thing ?

cyncyn, sorry to hear tat. Did the pd say it's due to the fever or his loss of appetite?

CynCyn

cyncyn, sorry to hear tat. Did the pd say it's due to the fever or his loss of appetite?
Hi maine , Pd says tt loss of appetite is due to his intestine thingy . As for fever it only happen this morning when we're on the way to the clinic . =(

maine78

Hi maine , Pd says tt loss of appetite is due to his intestine thingy . As for fever it only happen this morning when we're on the way to the clinic . =(
oic.. i think if my ds also keep on refusing milk, i must also bring him let pd check. He's also not taking much of cereal n porriage too

jedamum

cyn cyn,
wat cereal you feeding your boy?
my 9 mth old also doesn't like milk. he only drinks 120ml early morning, 60-80ml late morning and 80-120ml before bed.
so i gave him cereal that need to add milk type (heinz).

i also very frustrated when morning, he cry like very jialet for his milk, then he cannot finish the 120ml milk that i make for him.

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
just exploring the situation...

have you tried giving the milk in a cup? maybe he's decided he's outgrown the bottle and wants to be 'grown up'. My girl refused to drink from a milk bottle... she only drank from a cup until 1.5 yrs when she suddenly decided to switch.

if he doesn't want 'baby foods' like cereals and purees... does he eat 'adult food'? reason why I ask is my #3 has never taken any baby food. He went straight from bm to solids - rice mainly with soup.

a final point to consider is... are his molars coming out... I noticed a distinct drop in appetite with all three of my kids each time this happened. To check, insert your little finger into their mouth and feel the back for swelling/heat/soreness.

maine78

just exploring the situation...
a final point to consider is... are his molars coming out... I noticed a distinct drop in appetite with all three of my kids each time this happened. To check, insert your little finger into their mouth and feel the back for swelling/heat/soreness.
these few days my ds always no appetite. This morning, i checked his gums n realised his 2nd top teeth popped up plus a 3rd bottom tooth also popped up.

CynCyn

I don't give DS cereal . He doesn't likes it . Only gave him less then 5 times then str8 away to porridge and he loves porridge only .

Now DS is already drinking milk . He was unwell thus the lost of appetite for milk . Glad that all is well now . :001_302:

Maine , me so envy u . When will my DS teeth come out . :embarrassed:

maine78

I don't give DS cereal . He doesn't likes it . Only gave him less then 5 times then str8 away to porridge and he loves porridge only .

Now DS is already drinking milk . He was unwell thus the lost of appetite for milk . Glad that all is well now . :001_302:

Maine , me so envy u . When will my DS teeth come out . :embarrassed:
cyncyn, glad to noe brayden's okie now. Dun worry, brayden teeth will pop up soon, only matter of time :tlaugh:. Actually if u look at their gums, got teeth prints like their teeth hiding inside the gums.

Btw, my ds also dun like cereal. He prefer porriage also. Feed him cereal every morning can vomit blood, eat soooo long. Ds atmost eat 5-6spoons then dun want liao..

CynCyn

cyncyn, glad to noe brayden's okie now. Dun worry, brayden teeth will pop up soon, only matter of time :tlaugh:. Actually if u look at their gums, got teeth prints like their teeth hiding inside the gums.

Btw, my ds also dun like cereal. He prefer porriage also. Feed him cereal every morning can vomit blood, eat soooo long. Ds atmost eat 5-6spoons then dun want liao..
Same lo me feed cereal also can tor hui . Haha ! Yay I saw teeth prints too . Anticipating .................. :001_302: