During Confinement Period

HI all the mummys,
I am just curious to know what you usually do during confinement period. Like for Malay, Chinese, Indian is it same or its different? What are the things you are suppose to do during this period and what you cant do? And why you cant do some of the things?For How many days you have to follow them?And is it true that during confnement if you don take care of urself well u get the higher chance of being miscarriege for the next pregnancy?

:red::red:

jasobias

HI all the mummys,
I am just curious to know what you usually do during confinement period. Like for Malay, Chinese, Indian is it same or its different? What are the things you are suppose to do during this period and what you cant do? And why you cant do some of the things?For How many days you have to follow them?And is it true that during confnement if you dont take care of yourself well you get the higher chance of being miscarriege for the next pregnancy?

:red::red:
For me there is no such thing as confinement.Was walking ard looking after my kids after discharge fr hospital already.

I think the idea of confinement came fr long long ago when everything was a kampong so no running water..hence showers were not a gd idea,n where ladies got married waaayy too young n hence were weaker after birth.

Look at the countries in the west..where women look after their own babies just after discharge fr the hospital.I dont think they r worse off in health even though they didnt go through confinement n stuff.On the contrary i think they r better in health.

I do get a feeling of weakness after birth for a few days so i do take things easy.But shower n eat normal stuff.Nothing special.Fastfood is still my fav option.I take my babies out when they r abt 2 weeks old on my own..for walks..or just visit my husband for lunch at work.Made me a stronger person i guess.I lost the pregnancy weight easily n had tonnes of energy.No tummy.N didnt go for any special massages too.:red:
Now 35 weeks pregnant n wondering if i am missing out on pamparing.Told my family maybe i shld have a confinement n they all burst out laughing.They bet tht i wont be able to stay home even for 1 week...guess they r right..hahhahahah!:tlaugh:

Ting

what i heard from my mum is tt confinement period is the time u take losta rest n recuperate your body.
cos giving birth n all will be tiring, plus the bleeding n sore boobs.
for me, there is some truth in it cos do feel the weakness after giving birth the first week.
but after tt, ok liao.
for me, i dun really believe in this confinement routine like no bathing, cant eat this n that la, but tt time no choice, mum was doing confinement for me.
but i do secretly bathe n do some stuffs which is not "allowed".
lol.
for me, i just take the chance to rest lo, since my family wanna help me tc of my bb during the confinement, so might as well. :p

rjj

I suppose there is always a certain truth. It is true that we need to rest during confinement but some things are just so 'hard' to follow just like cannot shower... but i do know there are ppl who really follow.

but i really do believe in the resting part. rest as much as you can, cos after that no one to help take care, you wan to rest also no chance liao

joeichen

I do follow the rules...
I bath after 12 days and take confinement food.
During the 1st time of my confinement i rest alot and slp alot but tis time no 1 help so takin care of my boy n bb myself. lucky tis time not like 1st time not so tired.

bellerichez

I do follow the rules...
I bath after 12 days and take confinement food.
During the 1st time of my confinement i rest alot and sleep alot but tis time no 1 help so takin care of my boy and baby myself. lucky tis time not like 1st time not so tired.

So you bath your baby yourself without any help? We can't bath for the first 12 days but can we help our baby bath from day 1 of discharge ? If can then i no need to be so headache. Cos my mom will cook before she go work but the main problem is that nobody help me to bath my baby. Duno what to do now.

pkshl

So you bath your baby yourself without any help? We can't bath for the first 12 days but can we help our baby bath from day 1 of discharge ? If can then i no need to be so headache. Cos my mom will cook before she go work but the main problem is that nobody help me to bath my baby. dont know what to do now.
yesterday was the 1st time i tried bathing my baby. i c my CL bath him like so easy. today was the 2nd time i bath him again. finally got a hang of it...

bellerichez

yesterday was the 1st time i tried bathing my baby. i c my CL bath him like so easy. today was the 2nd time i bath him again. finally got a hang of it...

Wah. I duno i will be scare anot cos first few month baby very soft like jelly. Then somemore nobody to help me bath him, my mom say she cook and boil those things for me only. So bathing the baby wise i need to do it myself bah.

uddermummy

i bought those special bb bath tubs with nets and a headrest. V convenient cos can put bb on the net when dd was still small and i didn't dare to put her into the water.

now that dd is older, i just let her head rest on the head rest so both hands are free to wash her.