EAR WAX - clean or not to clean?

lisa_ng

realise my baby's ear has some ear wax.
ask a doctor but he advise to leave it as it is.

should clean or should not clean?
what to use to clean the ear wax?

anyone can advise?

thanks in advance

mae

Hi lisa,

Baby's ear wax will just drop by it's own...just clean the outer ear.

Thanks,
Mae:)

Dymples

For my gals, I never clean their ear wax till they're about 2-yrs. That's cos the midwive @ TMC ever told me not to clean off baby ear wax. THe most is take a cotton wool, dab with Johnsons baby oil and clean the outside part only. The ear may be abit smelly but that's ok cos the smell actually repels insects from crawling into the ear.

Dymples

hahahah.. I was also surprised when the midwive told me can prevent insects from crawling into the ears. But guess that nature's way to protect bb???

LoVeS

i nv dig my DS's ear until he's bout 2. and its scary cuz the ear wax is very big n long.
Yes i agree is big n the colour is almost like brown to me when today i dig his ear. I tot dun need to dig but his ear hole 3/4 is filled wif dirt already so bo bian i clean for him. Damn dirty i would say :001_302:

lisa_ng

think better not dig le. hers is stick on the wall of her ears. like skin peel off dificult to come off also. mayb will try baby oil as suggested.
thanks so much for all your advises.

jeSsie_Dz

u can try olive oil too :)

anyway just for info..my dh kiddo time also nv dig ear,end up in hospital to suck out as his ears kana blocked by the dirts.. its a damn painful process as remembered..
anyway i use ear diggers for my kiddos.. n wil find big dirts everytime de.. imagine dun dig then think they also hv to go hospital le ..

lisa_ng

hi jessie, i heard pour olive oil inside baby ear then th dirt will come off. is this the correct way to do?

LoVeS

i tink is put oil on the cotton bud n apply ur bb's ear la, how can u pour oil inside ur bb's ear :tlaugh:apply liao it will b soften, J&J baby oil aso can.

Luckily for my ds his dirt r soft soft ones. I suggest u clean it after his bath it will b easier to get it off his ear. If too long dun clean lol the ear block wor like my ds 3/4 of his earhole filled wif dirts.

lisa_ng

thanks loves. will try this method when baby sleeping. when she's awake she keeps on moving about difficult to clean. :001_302:

LoVeS

thanks loves. will try this method when baby sleeping. when she's awake she keeps on moving about difficult to clean. :001_302:
Ur welcome, u can try do tt when she is drinking her milk, tats wat i do when ds drinking milk i clean for him after his bath. :tlaugh: Oh btw after u apply the bb oil hor dun straight away clean her ear hor coz it wont soften so fast. Apply more oil on the dirt n it will soften after abt 10-20mins.

xiaodaisy

ya doctor also say will drop.. but after bathing can clean wif cotton wool bud to kip it cleaner loh.. cos too small dig liao dey cant kip still, i once dig for dem till dey bleed tats why i don dare anymore hehe..

baobao

my DS loves to have his ears dig. haha.. every alt weekend he comes over my hse, he'll sure tell me, "mummy i wan clean ear"

its actually very comfortable i guess.

lisa_ng

According to my ear doctor, no need to clean.
my baby pd say so too.
but my baby scratching her ears at this young age of 5mths. very funny de. make me laugh.
thought mayb her ear itchy le or is it a new skill she juz mastered..:tlaugh:

Ting

hmmm, i nvr clean the inside, only the outside....cos i realise her ear wax will drop out by itself in pcs..:)