EBM colour becomes from yellowish to whitish??

luvbene

Hi,

Been pumping out since my bene do not want to latch on. As i pump out, now coming to 4 months, notice that the colour change to quite whitish? anyone knows why and has the quality change or any food been eating that causes the colour of milk to change? thanks

gundam00

Could you be pumping out more foremilk then hindmilk? I noticed that my foremilk is much more whitish and then the hindmilk is more creamy. Too much foremilk is not satisfying for the baby and may cause foamy stools.

Maybe increasing the time you pump at each breast or making sure the breast is empty before switching will help.

gundam00

Then perhaps it's just your milk changing nutrient composition in response to baby's needs or your diet. I'll say Don't Worry as long as baby is happy and healthy. :)

Lim2528

Dear Mummy,
I just found a layer of yellowish substance on top of the white color milk after I thaw my EBM. No matter how I swirl around in the bottle, it still clearly show both. Than I smell and tasted, it still the same. So does this yellow substance belongs to foremilk?