EBM on the go....HELP!

Monamacy

I was successful in breastfeeding my eldest for 8 months, along the way she rejected bottle and had a tough time forcing her to accept it, but eventually she took it when I went back to work.
This time with my second child, I'm expressing my milk and bottle feed him most of the time. This is because I don't want to repeat the same mistake again and also with a toddler that's clingy it's hard and time consuming to keep latching on.

Does any mummy know how I can express my milk when I'm outside? How do I maintain the pump's cleanliness for multiple usage before coming back home to wash & sterilize? Bf direct I'm pro but expressing and storing I'm in total lost.

Thanks.

Bebe Nana

Dear Monamacy

Yes it is hard to breastfeeding be it latching or pumping, thumb ups for you!

I used to pump at work and these are the list of the things in my pump tote bag:
1. Nursing cover
2. sterilizing tablet & water to soak the pump parts after washed clean with soap & water (pigeon/milton, can get them from baby store/unity pharmacy)
or using Medela quick clean wipes - you will need clean boiled water to rinse
3. clean ziplock plastic / airtight container to keep washed pump parts for next use
4. Breastmilk storage bags / bottles, placed in the cooler bag with ice packs to bring home (keep cool up to 6-8 hours)

For older baby, like my 10 months old, sometimes I just clean the valve in the sink with soap and water, then rinse again with hot water. Or once in a while, if I'm rushed, I stick them in the fridge until I have time to clean them.

It is up to individual but the basic cleanliness must be adapt.

You may want to view other articles on how to store breast milk at this link
Baby and Kids Fashion: Breastmilk storage bag

Hope this can be a good reference for you :laugh: